Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    So last night my phone bricked (I couldn't tell you why, the only thing that happened was my battery died). Anyway, I tried all last night to get it to turn on, failing every time. I left the battery out all last night and tried starting it up again this morning, and for whatever reason that worked.

However, once the phone turned on, it was totally messed up. The radio kept turning off and on, and email and messages wouldn't work. I had to reset the pre and I chose to do a partial reset.

When I rebooted the phone, all of my patches remained in effect, but preware as well as any other homebrew apps were gone. When I reinstall preware, will it show that I have those patches? If not how can I remove them when 1.3.5 comes along?
    WebOSDoctor?

I have had mine do strang stuff and I usually just use WebOSDR and start from scratch.
    yes, you are screwed, but don't worry there is an easy fix for the issues like these, like dodgebusta said you need to use the webos doctor and you phone is going to work like new!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    would webos repair utility work for this? I'd rather not erase everything off the phone
    I installed a patch that disagreed with my phone last night, and when I looked in Preware it showed I had no patches installed. Simply not true: I had about 14 patches and they were still working. Anyway, I ran Emergency Patch Recovery and it removed all of the unseen patches. (Go to 'List of Everything' in Preware and start typing 'emer...' By the fourth letter or so it'll turn up. Run it and reboot.) I had no results running the Repair Utility, btw.
    I ♥ my Pre.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    yeah if you do a Doctor you "should" be just fine... also if you get the latest doctor it is for version 1.3.1 and it doesn't erase everything on your "Media" drive! at least mine didn't wipe out my mp3 and pic and such when I had to doc it awhile back...

hope that helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by afhb21 View Post
    would webos repair utility work for this? I'd rather not erase everything off the phone
    repair utility may help with this . its worth a try anyways rather than web doc.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->