Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinrirvine View Post
    an update from me not barry for we are not on the same page or speaking terms anymore.
    Kevin,

The statement above may be your opinion and feeling. You are entitled, however I never felt we were not on the same page. I never felt we were not on speaking terms. You have been the one writing and speaking. You've sent me emails three days in a row, each day with increasing negativism pointed my way, whilst I have written or said very little. You've chosen to blast me for my optimism calling me naive. Today you chose to publicly call B-E-A-S-T on the carpet for his optimism.

I'm not going to bash you or put you down here becasue that is not my style, however I am going to use facts, including some you may have overlooked, to make a point.

It's not about the money even though you've chosen to make it that.
    - You stated in email that I don't deserve any credit for a solution when it happens because I am "too cheap".
    - You sent Rebel SIM an offer of $200 if they can resolve this problem.
    -I sent my Pre to the UK and have incurred other expenses.
    -You must not know how much it costs to ship a 1 lb package via Fed Ex International priority Express shipping to the UK from California these days.
    - You believe the $200 you offered them has made a difference. I hope that it has or that it will.

Please allow me to ask you something:
    - Has RebelSIM delivered to you a Rebel SIM card which allows an AT&T 3G SIM (128K) card to work in a Telcel Palm Pre and have you written them the $200 check yet?

Now that I have offered up some facts, and asked you a brief question, it is time for you to allow me to speak.
    - You are now claiming ownership of a solution, and I look forward to the moment you write your $200 check, however the emails I have posted from Adnan explain things very clearly .
    - Had you noted the comment about 128K SIM cards previously? If you scroll back through the emails I've posted from Adnan over this past week, you might catch a quick mention of the issue possibly involving newer 128K SIM cards used by some carriers. As RebelSIM elaborated further in email they sent today (up a few posts in this thread) , it was noted that the Rebel SIM card unlocks the Telcel Palm Pre with other carrier SIM cards, just not the newer 128K SIM cards such as the AT&T 3G SIM card.
    - It is true that AT&T has chosen to make move to 128K SIM cards, but have you researched whether a 64K SIM card has the ability to deliver 3G data?

I have. A 64K SIM card does have the ability to connect with 3G networks, including AT&T's. AT&T has already moved to 128K chips. that does not mean a 64K SIM card will not work on AT&T's Network or in a 3G phone like the Telcel Palm Pre.

Unless someone else here has 1). an older AT&T 64K SIM card still in use, 2). a new (received since October) Rebel SIM II card, and 3). a Telcel Palm Pre, and already tried, or is willing to try testing this theory out, I plan on working this path once my Telcel Palm Pre, and my Rebel SIM card II are back home again.

Wouldn't it be just so crazy if a solution turns out to be that simple!
    I may be naive about an unlocking solution (or overtly optimistic) but is it me or does it seem weird to anyone else tracking this thread that Kevin posts TODAY at 6:33pm that he paid RebelSIM $200 this morning and that they were motivated (read above), he also adds that there is a 50/50 chance.

4 1/2 hrs later, in the post above, Kevin tells us that in is ever evolving wisdom that things are "110% Over".

Instead of closing the thread and in the interests of keeping things moving forward on a positive way maybe Kevin should simply forget this thread exists and stop posting here...
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I never asked for or expected, or wanted credit for any work I've done here.

l started this thread in the interest of finding a solution and enlisted help where I did not have knowledge.

I am only a casual observer of this thread, but you can add me to the list of Precentral members who has no issue with your side of the story and applauds your efforts.

Don't know about Kevin though. Seems like there would be a fair chance of alienating the Rebel Sim people with this talk of buying their cooperation.
  4.    #104  
    Members of Precentral, I posted an email I received from Solutions Point at 4:01 Pacific time this morning earlier tonight. THIS IS THE EXACT EMAIL I POSTED EARLIER. IT CAME FROM REBEL SIM CARD FURTHERMORE, I AM INCLUDING IT'S EMAIL TRAIL WITH IT AS RECEIVED FROM SOLUTIONS POINT.

I'll BE GONE FROM HERE AFTER THIS POST TO YOU. THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE SUPPORTED THIS EFFORT
    SORRY TO BOLT. YOU'LL UNDERSTAND WHEN YOU READ WHAT KEVIN SENT TO ME POSTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST:

-----Original Message-----
    From: Solutions Point Limited UK [mailto:dontforgetus@gmail.com]
    Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 04:01 AM
    To: barry@********
    Subject: Re: My Telcel Mexico Palm Pre

due to heavy now adnan has not been in all of this week

yes the delivery is booked in for collection and we hope to send back tomorrow as we though we would look at it again

at this stage till the full report is not finshed we cant say anything

also if we need to keep the telcel and at and t sim is that ok as we then we can have better chance to support them ?

thanks for your offer

for now now payment is needed

also we tested all uk sims work fine on the plam pre

it seems just be 128k simcards and others we have work fine

it could be these a very new simcards and would need further study
    Solutions Point Limited
    Evans Business Centre
    Unit 11, Dane St
    Rochdale
    Lancashire
    OL12 6XB
    United Kingdom.

Tel 0844 484 4331
    Tel Int 00 44 170 650 8124

email sales@solutions-point.co.uk
    Web Welcome to Solutions Point Limited Home page Welcome to Solutions Point Limited
    email sales@rebelsimcard.com
    Web Rebel Simcard Unlock Phones without Cables and Software and No Loss of Warranty

Copyright 2008 RebelSimcard.com. All rights reserved.

Rebel SimCard is a Trademark Owned By Solutions Point Limited Co Registration: 5459129 VAT: 946 1688 86

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 1:18 AM, Barry Solomon <barry@******> wrote:

Adnan,

Fed Ex reports they have only received your request to ship and the shipping information. They have no record indicating they have picked up the device from Solutions Point Limited.

Did you actually ship the phone out or have you decided to retain the device for a couple more days in an attempt to realize a solution. Just let me know your plans. I am ok with whatever you are doing as long as I know where my phone is.

Thanks,
    Barry

READ BELOW WHAT KEVIN R. IRVINE WROTE TO ME RIGHT AFTER I POSTED THE ABOVE EMAIL IN THIS THREAD EARLIER TODAY. I'M RUNNING FOR THE HILLS. PM ME IF YOU WANT PRIVATE UPDATES. THIS IS TOO SCARY FOR ME I AM SORRY TO HAVE TO LEAVE HERE.
    KEVIN'S EXPLETIVES TRIMMED DOWN TO ALLOW POSTING HERE

To: Barry K. Solomon <barry@********>
    Cc:
    Date: Thursday, January 14, 2010 06:23 pm
    Subject: RE: FW: THE LATEST INFO FROM REBEL SIM AND THEY BIT AND BIT HARD. Y OU PROBABLY SHOULD NOT POST AT PRE CENTRAL EVERY AGAIN.

YOU ****ING SON OF A B*T*H HOW DARE YOU USE THE E-MAIL I FORWARDED TO YOU AS COMING TO YOU AND NOT ME LIKE THE OTHER DAY. YOU TRULY ARE AN A**HOLE BARRY AND THERE IS NO SOLUTION FORTHCOMING IT IS ****ING OVER WITH AND IF YOU WERE HERE NOW I WOULD KICK THE LIVING ***** OUT OF YOU. YOU TRULY ARE PATHETIC.

End of Kevin's email to me ************

WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS TREATMENT?
    SCARY, REALLY SCARY

Thanks,
    Barry
    This entire thread is somewhat depressing... and the fighting and barbs are crazy. It is now very difficult to follow--at least for me, to the point where I don't even know if the consensus now is that the new AT&T sims will ever work or they might work or they should work. It won't do me any good, and I assume most others out there any good if you need to find an older AT&T sim to use a Rebel sim with a Pre.

What kind of "company" stops doing research until they get a promise of $200? Sounds like a couple of kids working out of their parents' garage or something. Or this entire $200 reward is a fabrication and then we have a guy just spewing BS in this thread--also very sad.

Bottom line--I hope a solution is found that works which is consistent with the title of this thread, and if it does and if it is funded by members of this forum and not the manufacturer of the Rebel Sims engineers then I will be happy to make a donation and offset someones out of pocket expenses.

It just seems odd to me that Rebel wouldn't buy their own Telcel Pre and AT&T sim and solve this on their own--why do they rely on people sending their personal devices to them. They even charge these guys to buy a tool from them to help with their own work--that is crazy.....
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    I too think we should all donate and then award that pool of money to Rebel SIM once they have completed the solution...
    All a bit melodramatic isn't it. I don't suppose that it occured to Kevin that the Rebel Sim people could have cut and pasted and sent the same email to both of the interested parties.

Stick around Barry. It's only words (Easy for me to say. I'm on another continent)
  8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    This entire thread is somewhat depressing... and the fighting and barbs are crazy. It is now very difficult to follow--at least for me, to the point where I don't even know if the consensus now is that the new AT&T sims will ever work or they might work or they should work. It won't do me any good, and I assume most others out there any good if you need to find an older AT&T sim to use a Rebel sim with a Pre.

What kind of "company" stops doing research until they get a promise of $200? Sounds like a couple of kids working out of their parents' garage or something. Or this entire $200 reward is a fabrication and then we have a guy just spewing BS in this thread--also very sad.

Bottom line--I hope a solution is found that works which is consistent with the title of this thread, and if it does and if it is funded by members of this forum and not the manufacturer of the Rebel Sims engineers then I will be happy to make a donation and offset someones out of pocket expenses.

It just seems odd to me that Rebel wouldn't buy their own Telcel Pre and AT&T sim and solve this on their own--why do they rely on people sending their personal devices to them. They even charge these guys to buy a tool from them to help with their own work--that is crazy.....
    What kind of "company" stops doing research until they get a promise of $200?

They didn't stop doing research. You are hearing it the way Kevin tells it.

The truth is they continue to do research in an attempt to crack the 128K SIM barrier now being thrust upon their product and others like it by network carriers interested in maintaining the ability to lock and subsidize devices.

Trust me, we have not heard the end on this one just yet.

As for my Pre, the call came from British Customs, It was in the UK until this afternoon. In case anyone wondered.

I'll be around, as long as Kevin doesn't know where I live or where I work, I think I can get away with continuing to work on this project

Thanks,
    Barry.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 01/14/2010 at 11:11 PM.
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Agreed, from the moment we began working directly with the Rebel SIM folks it became clear money was their motivator.

Think about it, the fact their customers are willing to pay for their own Hex Tool, and/or send their own devices in for analysis shows just how much their product and others like it are in demand by today's tech saavy consumers. Unfortunately some companies will take advantage of consumer need in order to keep their cost of doing business down but I feel they sacrifice credibility in doing so.
    UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife had an ancient Rogers SIM Card and based on what was going on in this thread I decided to pop in the RebelSIM attached to her SIM card to it and guess what...IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only problem is that my wife does not have a data plan so I was not able to set up my profile, but at least I got passed the "Phone Error" screen AND I was able to make local calls AND I have all network bars with an "R" roaming icon!

Going to see if I can get my very old FIDO SIM card re-activated...does anyone know how to identify a SIM card type?
    This morning I dug up the oldest SIM I could find (think it is from 2001 or 2002) and I called FIDO and had them reactivate (they were loathe to do it)...poped that into my Palm Pre and IT WORKED!!! I was able to make and recieve calls with the RebelSIM II...

The only problem I am having now is that it is not letting me establish a Palm Profile while not being in my "home" network!

I wanted to get the expert opinion of anyone/everyone on this board, here is my dilemma:

1. do I meta modify my Telcel WebOS doctor to bypass activation as STEP 1?

2. If I do that will I be able to establish my Palm Profile via Wi-Fi as STEP 2?

3. How will I enter the APN data so I can get onto the Fido 3G/HSPA network or will it read it automatically from my SIM? Also how will I know I am connected to the 3G network as all I see right now is an "R" symbol above the network bars?

Thanks Again everyone and I am looking forward to your feedback!
    Bary in the past 24 hrs has flat out lied to all of you community member's about me in general and thoese 2 e-mails supposedly to him from Rebel SIM that actually went to my in box and I stupidly trusted him by forwarding them on to him so he knew the latest info I did. I did absolutely nothing wrong here and yet people left and right who don't know my character or honesty from a hole in the wall are denigrating my character AND I DO NOT APPRECIATE THIS NOR IS ANY OF IT TRUE. Barry is not GOD and he though he tells you otherwise is not honest and has lied to this community on many occasions 2 times in one week to be exact.

Do not let his smooth California words fool you for he is very clever at dodging responsibility or more to the point being NOT BEING HONEST and then plagiarizing not one but 2 e-mails Rebel Sim sent me making it appear to all of you they were for him. AND YET IN THE SAME BREATH HE SAYS STUPID THINGS LIKE HE WANTS NO CREDIT HERE OR TO BE THE HERO. THE ONLY REASON AND I SWEAR TO ALL OF YOU AS MY NAME IS KEVIN HE EVEN KNOWS HALF OF THE INFO HE KNOWS AS OF THIS WEEK IS ALL BECAUSE OF ME FOR HE HAD NO CLUE WHAT REBEL'S COMMUNICATIONS WITH ME WERE. AND NO THEY DID NOT COPY AND PASTE THESE E-MAILS AND SEND THEM TO BOTH OF US AS ONE ***** SAID. NOT POSSIBLE FOR BARRY AGAIN KNEW NOTHING ABOUT THE CURRENT SITUATION UNTIL I, YES ME KEVIN IRVINE TOLD HIM, HEC HE DID NOT EVEN KNOW HE PRE HAD BEEN IN THE UK ALL WEEK IF IT WAS NOT FOR ME.

NOW PRE CENTRAL MEMBER'S YOU KNOW THE TRUTH SO YOU ARE EITHER WITH BARRY OR MYSELF, BUT I CN ASSURE YOU ALL I WILL TAKE YOU TO THE PROMISED LAND AND NOT BARRY. HE IS A CHEAP TALKER NOTHING MORE AND HAS SPENT MINIMAL MONEY ON THIS PROJECT WHERE I HAVE SPENT WITH MY OWN MONEY, $105.00 FOR THE HEX SCANNER TOOL AND WORKED MY *** OFF FOR 7 FULL DAYS OF MY LIFE TO TRY AND GET THEM THE RESULTS THEY NEEDED TO SUCCEED FOR BARRY WAS TOO CHEAP TO WANT TO DO. A FACT THAT IS INDISPUTABLE. I ALSO AND WHOEVER SAID I DID NOT SEND THE MONEY TO REBEL IS AN ABSOLUTE MORON FOR I AM HONEST TO A FAULT AND YES IF UNLOCKED EVERYTHING GOES THROUGH ME AND THIS IS NOT ARROGANCE BUT HOW I CHOOSE TO SET THIS UP WITH THEM.

SO WHO DO YOU NOW BELIEVE FOR I AM ASKING ALL OF YOU TO MAKE A CHOICE AND SOON FOR I WILL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WORK WITH BARRY SO YOU EITHER TRUST ME OR HIM??????????????? YES, IT HAS COME TO THIS POINT FOR I WILL NOT HAVE MY REPUTATION RUINED BY HIS OR ANYONE ELSE HERE'S FALSE WORDS. $250.00 WAS SENT TO REBEL THIS AFT SO I HAVE INVESTED BOTH TIME AND PLENTY OF MONEY INTO THIS CAUSE AND AS SUCH AM FIRMLY IN CHARGE HERE. THE CHOICE IS YOURS YET I AM YOUR ONLY HOPE FOR MAKING THIS HAPPEN IF IT IS EVEN POSSIBLE. KEVIN IRVINE
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Wow, I just stopped by this thread and see all this going on.

I can vouch for Kevin Irvine's honesty. On a separate forum I bought phone from him (xda-developers). He's a stand-up guy, and I'd definitely trust him again.

Hope you all get your pre's on AT&T soon!
  14.    #114  
    Fellow Precentral members:
    I'm no longer playing along with Kevin R. Irvines game in this thread. He has challanged me endlessly for reasons I do not understand. His tirade appears to have taken on new energy.

I remain focused on helping to find a solution which will have us using a 3G Palm Pre on AT&T's network, rather than wasting time reading or responding to nonsense from a member who has taken it upon himself attack the credibility of my efforts and the commitment of other Precentral members. The aura in this thread has taken a toll from the needless argumentative chatter now being pushed upon us in here. Thanks to the direction Kevin has chosen to force upon this thread, I won't be participating here any more. For those of you who remain interested in the threads topic, I will continue to work this effort with several others who have decided to continue without the harrassing chatter being targeted in this thread. I want to concentrate on the task at hand a task many of us are hoping is realized soon.

Updates on this effort can now be found in the following thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...-3g-users.html
  15.    #115  
    One last thing. Every email I posted in here was either sent or recieved by me to or from Adnan at the RebelSIM card company or one of his direct reports. The only email from Kevin I posted were written directly by him, included foul language, and did not include any forwarded email as he claims. They needed to be shared in response to the rhetoric he began to spew in here targeting me and other Precentral members.
    Furthermore, I resent the allegations Keven has posted here most notably his direct remarks calling me a liar. I don't need this or want any of this.

None of the things Mr. Irvine has said about me in this thread are true. My sole interest in starting this thread was to foster teamwork inspiring work towards the goal of having a 3G Palm pre on AT&T's network.
    This effort has now been tainted. Those of you who have taken the time to read this thread from the beginning don't buy into what Kevin is saying. After spending many hours digging into the problem, I detailed the efforts and solicited input here. Unfortunately the input we received here from kevin became abusive towards me and others.

I received emails , solicited assistance from rebel sim, posted their replies as received in this thread. It became clear that Mr. Irvine was targeting my reputation and my integrity so I felt it wise to share what Mr. Irvine writes about in private email to offer readers insight about his true character as his tirade began to escalate.

DESPITE WHAT MR. IRVINE WILL ATTEMPT TO HAVE YOU BELIEVE IN HIS EFFORT TO FURTHER HIS POLL OF PUBLIC OPINION, NOTHING I HAVE WRITTEN HERE WAS MADE UP, FORGED, FALSIFIED. NO EMAILS FROM REBEL SIM TO KEVIN IRVINE WERE POSTED IN HERE. I POSTED EMAILS I RECEIVED AND WROTE PERSONALLY. THE EMAILS SENT TO ME FROM KEVIN WERE INDEED WRITTEN BY HIM AND ONLY THE MULTIPLE EXPLETIVES WERE PARTIALLY REMOVED.

WHAT HAS HAPPENED IN HERE IS A DISGRACE TO PRECENTRAL, I WILL HAVE NONE OF IT IN MY LIFE. ANY KEVIN WORSHIPORS REMAINING CAN FEEL FREE TO TARNISH PRECENTRAL WITH THEIR BABBLE IN HERE BECAUSE MEMBERS WHO ARE TRUELY WORKING TOWARDS A SOLUTION, MEMBERS WHO TRULY RESPECT PRECENTRAL WILL NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE RHETORIC.
    Is this forum NOT moderated?
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

17.    #117  
    Mr. Irvine,

1). If you do not refrain from flooding my personal mailbox with nasty email
    2). If you persist in publicly posting derogatory statements regarding me or my efforts to unlock a Telcel Palm Pre.

Then, I will be forced to acquire a restraining order against you and press harrassment charges.

Do not take this lightly. It is difficult to understand how an effort intended to help many people, without malice, could manifest into the public slander and accusations you put forth here.

Barry K. Solomon
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Mr. Irvine,

1). If you do not refrain from flooding my personal mailbox with nasty email
    2). If you persist in publicly posting derogatory statements regarding me or my efforts to unlock a Telcel Palm Pre.

Then, I will be forced to acquire a restraining order against you and press harrassment charges.

Do not take this lightly. It is difficult to understand how an effort intended to help many people, without malice, could manifest into the public slander and accusations you put forth here.

Barry K. Solomon
    I absolutely love, yes love, how you have tried and probably succeeded in completely ruining my repuatatin on these forum yet claim that you are completely honest and without fault. Nothing could be further from the truth. Doctoring e-mails, 2 to be exact, that came to my in box From REBEL SIM and I in hindsight trusted you with and forwarded onto you is a felony and punishable by law.

This is far from over with between us Barry Solomon and I can 1000% prove to this entire forum you doctored those e-mails that came to me and me only yet you took full credit for all in the name of fame and glory and more importantly to tarnish my reputation here. Last but not least regardless of who is at fault here, you should never, I repeat never, air our personal Laundry on a public forum like this for quite honestly this makes you look like a 2 yr old and should never be done.

I have not done this with any of your replies to me for this is private between us and I am all about honesty and dignity 2 qualities you seem to or do lack.

If you continue to ridicule and post outright lies about my character on this forum I will poste these replies on this forum and you will look like the biggest ***** in the world and then people will know your true nature. Kevin Irvine
    Please refrain from personal attacks. Your inappropriate conversation needs to be continued off these premises, or stopped completely.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456