Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Okay, probably a dumb question, but is an unlock code for a carrier the same for all the same devices on that carrier? In other words is someone were to get the code and post it for their Telcel Pre would it work for all Telcel Pre's?
    No... subsidy code is generated by your IMEI... since every IMEI number is different... well you get the point
    Telcel has released today Firmware 1.3.5.1 to its GSM Pres. Could this interfere with all the unlocking thing? Can someone inform this to the RebelSIM guys please? So they can test the simcard before and after updating.
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by aguilera_reyes View Post
    Telcel has released today Firmware 1.3.5.1 to its GSM Pres. Could this interfere with all the unlocking thing? Can someone inform this to the RebelSIM guys please? So they can test the simcard before and after updating.
    It is becoming clear that Telcel locks their phones intending that they not be unlocked. There is no unlock solution available for the Telcel Palm Pre as of yet, and therefore, worrying about webOS 1.3.5.x.y.z doesn't really matter at this point.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    It is becoming clear that Telcel locks their phones intending that they not be unlocked. There is no unlock solution available for the Telcel Palm Pre as of yet, and therefore, worrying about webOS 1.3.5.x.y.z doesn't really matter at this point.
    Did you get news about RebelSim now? Weren't they able to unlock the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by B-E-A-S-T View Post
    I can't wait till we get our Rebel Sim solution!

As for the Telcel Unlock code, I would be willing to pay more for a OEM unlock like that...
    update. Kevin here yes the co leader of free our Pre's Telcel project and it was finally time for me to shed some light on this situation and as community members you all deserve and should KNOW THE REALITY OF THIS SITUATION AND IT IS NOT WHAT YOUR'S TRULY IS LEADING YOU ALL TO BELIEVE. In fact, it was me not Barry who Adrian has been communicating with long before they received Barry's Pre for testing this past Thursday and me who shared that shall I say"dismal news thus far" with your's truly. Simply put, please, please do not get too excited or excited, hopeful at all with this Telcel Pre getting unlocked by them in the coming days or by anyone for that matter anytime soon. Here is why and having a great memory this is exactly word for word what his e-mail to me said this past Friday: hi, you will be the first to know when we know, but right now it does not appear this Pre can be unlocked. There you have it the truth from me about where things are at now.

Now all of you can interpret this saying of his as you choose, but it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out things look very bleak indeed. HOWEVER, YES I CAN BE POSITIVE TOO, THE VERY GOOD NEWS IS TESTING IS STILL IN PROGRESS AND IT HAS NOW WITH THE TIME DIFFERENCE BETWEEN OUR COUNTRIES BEEN 4 FULL BUSINESS DAYS THEY HAVE BEEN TESTING. THIS IS THE LATEST NEWS FROM ADRIAN ADNAN AS BARRY CALLS HIM AND WHEN I GET FURTHER UPDATES I WILL SHARE THEM IMMEDIATELY. IT WILL COME FROM ME THOUGH AND BE THE TRUTH FOR THEY DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE COMMUNICATING WITH MR. LONG WINDED. THANKS, KEVIN
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinrirvine View Post
    hi, you will be the first to know when we know, but right now it does not appear this Pre can be unlocked. There you have it the truth from me about where things are at now. Now all of you can interpret this saying of his as you choose, but it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out things look very bleak indeed. HOWEVER, YES I CAN BE POSITIVE TOO, THE VERY GOOD NEWS IS TESTING IS STILL IN PROGRESS AND IT HAS NOW WITH THE TIME DIFFERENCE BETWEEN OUR COUNTRIES BEEN 4 FULL BUSINESS DAYS THEY HAVE BEEN TESTING. THIS IS THE LATEST NEWS FROM ADRIAN ADNAN AS BARRY CALLS HIM AND WHEN I GET FURTHER UPDATES I WILL SHARE THEM IMMEDIATELY. IT WILL COME FROM ME THOUGH AND BE THE TRUTH FOR THEY DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE COMMUNICATING WITH MR. LONG WINDED. THANKS, KEVIN
    Kevin,
    You can interpret things how you want. You are out of line again.
    Adnan has told ME:
    "hi, you will be the first to know when we know, but right now it does not appear this Pre can be unlocked."

I do not appreciate negative remarks you seem so ready to point my way as I have not been dishonest with anyone, and have told things as they are. There is not a solution yet. I am not as optimistic as I was a month ago, nor am I pessimistec either.

Who appointed you god such that you can make up things that were not said or written and which are not true except maybe for them being YOUR opinion "FOR THEY DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE COMMUNICATING WITH MR. LONG WINDED" I have it straight from Adnan that he never wrote or said that. It is merely your opinion and unfair of you to state it in the manner you have chosen.

Readers of this thread, you will never hear anything that is untrue from me nor will I present something as fact if it is only my opinion.

Kevin - If you feel inclined to continue your bashing of me keeping in mind that I spearheaded this effort in the interst of sharing it with precentral members and for all to benefit. If you can continue to spew your opinion as fact, I won't be posting any further updates here when they arrive.
    Your comment they do not feel comfortable communicating is just plain hogwash and your opinion, not fact. HOW DARE YOU!!

I don't want to hurt your feelings so I will not post what the Telcel vendor in San Diego or the folks at RebelSIM have communicated with me about dialogue you have initiated with them.

Let things rest Kevin. You have shown the tendancy to add your own emotional beliefs to your posts here. Just relax and enjoy life a little more!

Everyone, I will continue to share information when I have information available.

Here is the latest communication I have received from Adnan at Rebel SIM. Read into it whatever you choose. I will not place my own opinions into the mix here:

Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 4:16 AM
    To: Barry Solomon
    Subject: Re: My Telcel Mexico Palm Pre

Hi Barry ,

We have taken the scans that are required for us to implement the unlock for the Palm.

I have also today dispatched your Phone with Fedex.

Once again thank you for your time and co-operation in regards to making Rebel better, In regards to the solution we shall be solving this soon.

I Shall personally keep you informed.

Best Regards

Adnan
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 01/12/2010 at 06:01 PM.
  7.    #87  
    Thread readers,
    Although I do hope RebelSIM can come up with a solution, my needs are pressing if I indend to utilize the "out clause" on my Sprint contract without surffering ETF fee. I'll hold on to my Telcel Pre for another month in hopes I can use it on AT&T with 3G soon, however I am now contemplating purchase of an unlocked German O2 Palm Pre and living with the EDGE data speed it provides on AT&T's network as well as the reversal of the Y and Z keys.
    The only thing standing in my way of taking this step is the disappearance of programming on VuiVision TV which offers decent video quality, even at EDGE data speeds. Hopefully they get their legal problems resolved soon!
    I read that email and I get the sense they got the data they need and that they will be "solving" the unlock problem soon...exciting stuff...
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Thread readers,
    Although I do hope RebelSIM can come up with a solution, my needs are pressing if I indend to utilize the "out clause" on my Sprint contract without surffering ETF fee. I'll hold on to my Telcel Pre for another month in hopes I can use it on AT&T with 3G soon, however I am now contemplating purchase of an unlocked German O2 Palm Pre and living with the EDGE data speed it provides on AT&T's network as well as the reversal of the Y and Z keys.
    The only thing standing in my way of taking this step is the disappearance of programming on VuiVision TV which offers decent video quality, even at EDGE data speeds. Hopefully they get their legal problems resolved soon!
    If all else fails why not get the Pre Plus?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Isn't the Pre Plus for Verizon?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soulashell View Post
    Isn't the Pre Plus for Verizon?
    Yes but they are a major US carrier like AT&T. They are expensive but they do have good coverage and call quality. I used to work for them and luckily my employee line is still active so I will be using my Palm Pre Plus on a discounted plan
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Ryan View Post
    Yes but they are a major US carrier like AT&T. They are expensive but they do have good coverage and call quality. I used to work for them and luckily my employee line is still active so I will be using my Palm Pre Plus on a discounted plan
    I-Ryan,
    Please kindly do not post in this section again for this is about the GSM Telcel Pre unlocking not about the Pre Plus on a Network less than 10% of the world uses and the vast majority of us would never use cdma period under any circumstances.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinrirvine View Post
    I-Ryan,
    Please kindly do not post in this section again for this is about the GSM Telcel Pre unlocking not about the Pre Plus on a Network less than 10% of the world uses and the vast majority of us would never use cdma period under any circumstances.
    I was simply making a suggestion. I am a current AT&T customer and have been looking forward to this unlock very much and have been following all of your progress. Sorry if I offended anyone.
    I emailed the sales person that sold me my RebelSIM and I got a response that they are currently in testing and should have a unlock solution shortly...I really really hope this is the case! Thanks.
    Hi

Just to put your right

the Palm pre phones can be unlocked and same as the ones from O2 in Uk or Germany.

Rebel Simcard II works fine on them.

What might not be supported are types of network simcards from mobile network providers.

Currently 98% of network simcards are supported by rebel sim ii

the small 2% that are not supported seems to be only 128 KB Cards.

The network simcard is the issue as to the reason its not working for you

try to find other network simcards and test and you will see the Palm pre from Telcel is the same hardware and software and has no changes that block out the Rebel simcard II.

The only barrier is the compatiabilty of some types of network simcards.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre_user View Post
    hi

just to put your right

the palm pre phones can be unlocked and same as the ones from o2 in uk or germany.

Rebel simcard ii works fine on them.

What might not be supported are types of network simcards from mobile network providers.

Currently 98% of network simcards are supported by rebel sim ii

the small 2% that are not supported seems to be only 128 kb cards.

The network simcard is the issue as to the reason its not working for you

try to find other network simcards and test and you will see the palm pre from telcel is the same hardware and software and has no changes that block out the rebel simcard ii.

The only barrier is the compatiabilty of some types of network simcards.
    an update from me not barry for we are not on the same page or speaking terms anymore. Yes, this is the latest info directly from them and i swear to be 100% accurate. 1st off at beast, will you please stop being so optimistic and naive here for a solution is not just around the corner or within days. It might happen and it might not is the latest info from them to me. Simply put it is 50-50 at best and the reason is which makes no sense to me the tester of the hex tool for 7-8 days of my life doing nothing but is sim card compatibility. They have used barry's pre to unlock it successfully, yes you heard it here from me, with the uk sim from o2 but supposedly the telcel and at&t sim's are the newer kind and giving them problems. This is the latest info i have as of this morning and furthermore they are only going to do the testing one more business day before giving up. Sad, but true.

Now for the good part. Money talks and rebel from the very beginning and even barry agrees with me here is all about the money, aka do you think they really give a rip about any of us, not, so and being smart i knew they would bite and they bit hard i offered and already pd them $200.00 this morning and lo and behold they all of a sudden got motivated again and think they might figure out the sim card compatibility issue. Your all welcome and please keep in mind this is far from over and please none of your get overly optimistic for it is still 50-50 at best this will actually happen. It very well could and it very well could not. Yes, even i don't know this yet, but i sure as hec motivated them and talked their language. Kevin
    Hi again Eveyone,
    If any of you wants the exact e-mail I received from them this morning please p.m. me with your e-mail address and I will send it directly when time but should be immediate. Why not copy and paste here you might ask? Well, I don't know how to and secondly it is an e-mail we have been sending back and forth for over 2 weeks now and some of it is personal. Thanks, Kevin
    So Kevin are you telling us you paid them $200 to continue R&D work?
  19.    #99  
    I never asked for or expected, or wanted credit for any work I've done here.

l started this thread in the interest of finding a solution and enlisted help where I did not have knowledge.

I never put Kevin R. Irvine down. Read my posts. I told Kevin thanks for everythijng and stated multiple times that he deserves as much credit as anyone. Worst thing I ever wrote was to call him out for putting me down with a loud "HOW DARE YOU!"

Please note I have been in constant communications with Rebel SIM card and that I've posted their emails to me here as quickly as I could after I received them. It's interesting to note that both Kevin and I received similar emails from RebelSIM today.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    This thread posting contains a harsh email from Kevin R. Irvine. I'm sharing it all of the world via PreCentral because in this email, Kevin R. Irvine makes statements directed at me, claiming to make them on behalf of all of you, my fellow Pre central members.

Frankly my feelings are hurt and I am saddened by the things Kevin states claiming to make them on behalf of you, the precentral membership. I'm saddened because Kevin bashes me as if my efforts to work toward a solution via this public forum were criminal in nature.

Purely focused on solving a problem which will benefit many people here, I detailed every step of the processes I took, just in case a fellow member might note something I may have left out of my testing.

I won't bash Kevin. I will however say I am surprised at the email he sent to me out of the blue after he sent in some more files to rebel sim. I tell you how I feel, not by slamming or bashing someone else who has done nothing wrong, even though I feel wronged by Kevin now.

In his email, Kevin claims ownership and credit for a solution. If and when AT&T 3G SIM cards work in the Telcel Pre he can enjoy the credit. I was never in this for any credit. I was in this to benefit all who desire to use a 3G Palm Pre on AT&T's network, including myself.

For any one person to want to bask in the glory of a solution reached as a result of the effort of many others along the way is incomprehensable to me. Read Kevin's email to me below. Then decide if it appears anyone here wants credit for the whole kit and kaboodle, the results gained from the work detailed here in this thread.

Kevin claims that I am not liked here. If thats the case why is he the only one putting me down whilst the rest of the precentral membership has repeatedly expressed appreciation for the efforts of the members posting insight and work to this thread? This is a public forum thread and it was created with the best interests of many in mind.

Kevin states that everything goes through him. I take that statement to mean he controls who gets and who does not get a Rebel SIM card solution IF one becomes available.

Kevin refers to me as too cheap to help this effort. I guess he's slapping me down because I paid $100 to ship my Pre to England via Fed Ex priority international for testing. Is anyone who did not do that here also to cheap to enjoy a rebel SIM card solution if one becomes available?

Several others here have helped with input along the way. Tony Cipriani, Bmw135i, B-E-A-S-T, just to name a few. Unless someone spent money towards a solution for all, does Kevin R. Irvine banish them from receiving the firmware or a rebel SIM solution afforded by the TIME and EFFORT documented with posts to this thread?

Kevin R. Irvines godlike but harsh statements appear to infer that nobody gets rebel sim firmware from rebelsim card company unless he allows it. Very Interesting.

Read his email posted here, read my posts in this thread explaining every detail of my efforts, including several that thank Kevin for his work here. After reviewing the facts, and the posts in here, decide for yourself what to make of Mr. Kevin R. Irvine and the points he has CHOSEN to make.

Below that I will post the email i received from rebel sim last night.

Email from Kevin R. Irvine to Barry SOlomon:
    To: Barry K. Solomon

Date: Thursday, January 14, 2010 03:02 pm
    Subject: FW: THE LATEST INFO FROM REBEL SIM AND THEY BIT AND BIT HARD. YOU PROBABLY SHOULD NOT POST AT PRE CENTRAL EVERY AGAIN.

Barry,

Here is the latest direct from them and fyi your pre is still in the uk in spite of what supposedly Adnan said to you for he has been" heavy" all week, I think the person meant sick. Testing is still in progress with your pre and thanks to me not you they are now motivated again and if resolved I will be the hero and not you. You might not want to post at pre central every again for your reputation is well, politely, not good. I am firmly in charge from here on out for I deliver and spend money to get things done and your too cheap and just well, talk people's ears off. They want solutions at Pre Central Barry not long winded posts that mean nothing. Have fun with your German Pre on lowly edge I will resolve this and if so NO UNLOCK CODE FOR YOU OR FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR EVERYTHING IF SOLVED GOES THROUGH ME AND I LITERALLY MEAN EVERYTHING. KEVIN

EMAIL FROM REBEL SIM TO KEVIN:
    From: dontforgetus@gmail.com [mailto:dontforgetus@gmail.com] On Behalf Of sales RebelSimcard.com
    Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 4:37 AM
    To: Kevin Irvine
    Subject: Re: LAST OF THE 3 TELCEL PALM PRE FILES. HOPEFULLY WHAT YOU NEEDED. THX, KEVIN

hi

thanks Kevin for your efforts

we will keep you all updated

Solutions Point Limited
    Evans Business Centre
    Unit 11, Dane St
    Rochdale
    Lancashire
    OL12 6XB
    United Kingdom.

EMAIL Rebel SIM card sent to Barry Solomon this morning. NOTE There seems to be a chance an older 64k AT&T SIM card used with the RebelSIM II card in a Telcel Palm Pre might offer us a workable solution..
    To: Barry Solomon
    Date: Thursday, January 14, 2010 04:01 am
    Subject: Re: My Telcel Mexico Palm Pre

due to heavy now adnan has not been in all of this week

yes the delivery is booked in for collection and we hope to send back tomorrow as we though we would look at it again

at this stage till the full report is not finshed we cant say anything

also if we need to keep the telcel and at and t sim is that ok as we then we can have better chance to support them ?

thanks for your offer

for now now payment is needed

also we tested all uk sims work fine on the plam pre

it seems just be 128k simcards and others we have work fine

it could be these a very new simcards and would need further study
    Solutions Point Limited
    Evans Business Centre
    Unit 11, Dane St
    Rochdale
    Lancashire
    OL12 6XB
    United Kingdom.

Tel 0844 484 4331
    Tel Int 00 44 170 650 8124

email sales@solutions-point.co.uk
    Web Welcome to Solutions Point Limited Home page Welcome to Solutions Point Limited
    email sales@rebelsimcard.com
    Web Rebel Simcard Unlock Phones without Cables and Software and No Loss of Warranty

Copyright 2008 RebelSimcard.com. All rights reserved.

Rebel SimCard is a Trademark Owned By Solutions Point Limited Co Registration: 5459129 VAT: 946 1688 86

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Although Kevin states my Pre is still in the UK, he is incorrect. My Telcel Palm Pre is on its way back to me and RebelSIM card is still working on a final solution to allow the use of AT&T 3G SIM CARDS.

Once my Pre arrives, I intend to have a brand new AT&T 64K SIM card set up for use by AT&T (Some of these SIM cards are still floating around if you are lucky enough to find one). I will then test that 64k SIM card in my Telcel Palm Pre using a Rebel SIM card unlock solution.

For now I will continue to share the results of my testing despite the words Kevin R. Irvine has chosen to impart.

Everyone here at precentral, including Kevin is welcome to enjoy the benefit of a solution if and when had, whether it is gleaned from work done by Kevin, by me, by anyone who's posted input, or contributed financially to the effort pursued by us in this thread.
    My only interest is finding a solution
    Respectfully,
    Barry
    Quote Originally Posted by B-E-A-S-T View Post
    So Kevin are you telling us you paid them $200 to continue R&D work?
    This pardon my french "SUCKS" yet the Telcel Palm Pre unlocking is "OFFICIALLY AND 1000% DONE AND THERE WILL BE NO SOLUTION FORTHCOMING". Here is why and though as Barry would say this is merely my honest opinion, I am 99.9% I am correct here. Why do I say this and I am not being negative here, but simply put know I am right and for the folllowing reasons:
    1. Rebel Sim informed me as mentioned earlier that testing on Barry's Pre was still continuing and that they still had his Pre and both SIM Cards.
    2. Barry then finally replied me after not doing so for days, his choice, and said what are you talking about I just received a call from US Custom's and my Pre is already in the USA awaiting custom's clearance.
    3. in essence whoever replied me at Rebel this a.m. and they would not give me their name was being politely dishonest with me, so it does not take much knowledge to realize the project is over and "THE FAT LADY HAS SUNG HER FINAL NOTES". I HATE TO BE THE BEARER OF BAD NEWS BUT IT TRULY IS OVER AND WE CAN NOW ALL MOVE ON WITH OUR LIFE'S WITH NO UNLOCKING SOLUTION". I COULD BE WRONG HERE, BUT HAVING HAD MUCH CORRESPONDENCE WITH REBEL FOR OVER 2 WEEKS TIME I HIGHLY DOUBT IT.

You all can freely choose what you want to believe for I cannot and will not force my opinions on any of you, but the VERY FACT I HAVE NOW GIVEN UP ON THIS UNLOCKING PROJECT SHOULD SPEAK VOLUMES. IT TRULY IS 110% OVER AND THIS THREAD SHOULD NOW BE CLOSED. Take care, Kevin
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast