Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Barry, you are the man...
  2.    #62  
    One might think this announcement takes the wind out of our sails, however, looking at the bright side, those of us with Telcel Palm Pre's shouldn't have to wait 6 more months to use a WebOS device on AT&T!

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...s-devices.html
  3.    #63  
    RebelSIM card company has received the Telcel Palm Pre!

FedEx Delivery Notification
    Ship (P/U) date: Jan 4, 2010
    Delivery date: Jan 7, 2010 11:10 AM
    Sign for by: M.BUTA
    Delivered to: Shipping/Receiving
    Service type: FedEx International Priority
    Packaging type: Your Packaging
    Number of pieces: 1
    Weight: 1.00 lb.
    Services: Deliver Weekday

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Adnan,

Please confirm receipt.

Thanks,
    Barry

-----------------------------------------------------------------

hi
    yes thanks
    were testing now

Solutions Point Limited
    Evans Business Centre
    Unit 11, Dane St
    Rochdale
    Lancashire
    OL12 6XB
    United Kingdom.

Tel 0844 484 4331
    Tel Int 00 44 170 650 8124

email sales@solutions-point.co.uk
    Web www.solutions-point.co.uk
    email sales@rebelsimcard.com
    Web www.rebelsimcard.com
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 01/07/2010 at 11:10 AM.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Haven't you guys tried entering the subsidy code?
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by soulashell View Post

Do you work for Telcel, and/or do you have access to the Telcel network subsidy code generator/software which would spit out the Telcel network subsidy code for a Telcel Palm Pre using that Pre's IMEI# ?

If so, why have you been hiding from us? You would be a wealthy man by now!
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 01/07/2010 at 12:14 PM.
  6. ads
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    today was almost deafening.
    AT&T did a "maybe someday" set of words around Sprint launch too. Maybe there's some handshake on not messing with the Verizon announcement, but it's feeling like we won't even know what's coming until mid-2010.

Appreciate all the work you, Kevin, Rebel folks, have done. If you can summarize:
    1. the steps for what it takes, and
    2. the costs - outside of whatever AT&T plan one has
    that would be really helpful. In particular, what did you have to do to get a Telcel Palm?

Thanks!
    ADS

Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    One might think this announcement takes the wind out of our sails, however, looking at the bright side, those of us with Telcel Palm Pre's shouldn't have to wait 6 more months to use a WebOS device on AT&T!

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...s-devices.html
    i used rebel sim on the UK Palm, Doctored it to a sprint firmware. PERFECT
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by ads View Post
    AT&T did a "maybe someday" set of words around Sprint launch too. Maybe there's some handshake on not messing with the Verizon announcement, but it's feeling like we won't even know what's coming until mid-2010.

Appreciate all the work you, Kevin, Rebel folks, have done. If you can summarize:
    that would be really helpful. In particular, what did you have to do to get a Telcel Palm?

Thanks!
    ADS
    ADS,

In summary, getting yourself a GSM Telcel Palm Pre that's compatable with AT&T's 3G network is the easy part. Got $540.00 ? Then you can have one of them in your hands within a day or two. Be forwarned, it's locked to Telcel, and as of right now, there's no way to use a Locked Telcel Palm Pre with an AT&T SIM card, or with any other carrier's SIM card inserted. You can use one with a Telcel SIM card, but you'll pay roaming fees to Telcel that look more like a California mortgage payment than a cell phone bill.

Relax and sit tight for a few days. A solution may be coming sooner, rather than later!

Thanks,
    Barry
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    i used rebel sim on the UK Palm, Doctored it to a sprint firmware. PERFECT
    That's wonderful news chrislo, however, if you're using a RebelSIM card with an AT&T SIM card to unlock your Locked UK Palm Pre for use here in the USA, then you're only able to utilize AT&T's 2G EDGE network for data. You can put the Sprint firmware on it, the UK, firmware on it, as a matter of fact you can put any WebOS Doctor firmware on it you want, the bottom line is you're maxed out at around 150K - 190k for data speed, no if's, but's or and's about it!

Honestly, I don't hesitate to tell someone to go get a UK or a German Pre and stuff their AT&T SIM card into it if 2G EDGE is is all they want or need for their data connection.

Unfortunately, here at the ol' AT&T 3G Ranch, there's still no Palm Pre for us to saddle up and ride the information super-highway on, so we carry on with our quest ....

Thanks,
    Barry
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Barry,
    can u post a link where you got ur telcel palm pre?
  11. s4l
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    That's wonderful news chrislo, however, if you're using a RebelSIM card with an AT&T SIM card to unlock your Locked UK Palm Pre for use here in the USA, then you're only able to utilize AT&T's 2G EDGE network for data. You can put the Sprint firmware on it, the UK, firmware on it, as a matter of fact you can put any WebOS Doctor firmware on it you want, the bottom line is you're maxed out at around 150K - 190k for data speed, no if's, but's or and's about it!

Honestly, I don't hesitate to tell someone to go get a UK or a German Pre and stuff their AT&T SIM card into it if 2G EDGE is is all they want or need for their data connection.

Unfortunately, here at the ol' AT&T 3G Ranch, there's still no Palm Pre for us to saddle up and ride the information super-highway on, so we carry on with our quest ....

Thanks,
    Barry
    Barry,
    Knowing that no carrier has the same frequencies as T-mobile, I do not mind running a Palm Pre on 2G EDGE here on T-mobile. Besides, The difference is not that visible here either.

What is the cheapest way to get a Palm Pre, I need a full qwerty one.
    I am looking forward to see what you have to say.
    Like Barry had mentioned...unless you work directly in the Telcel unlocking department, there is NO way of obtaining such code. Then again, if you have $$$$, I am sure it can be bought.

Quote Originally Posted by ads View Post

Thanks!
    ADS
    1. First off, you need to purchase a Telcel Palm Pre. Barry has a source that can get them. I also have my source. I believe, Rayan (user on this forum) sells them too.

2. You need a data plan to use 3g. (I believe the data plan is $25 for AT&T on top of your voice plan to access AT&T 3G)

Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk View Post
    Barry,
    can u post a link where you got ur telcel palm pre?
    I believe its on one of the very first pages. Abcell?

Quote Originally Posted by Pashtunify View Post
    Barry,
    Knowing that no carrier has the same frequencies as T-mobile, I do not mind running a Palm Pre on 2G EDGE here on T-mobile. Besides, The difference is not that visible here either.

What is the cheapest way to get a Palm Pre, I need a full qwerty one.
    I am looking forward to see what you have to say.
    If you have T-Mobile, you may as well get the O2 version since you will be using Edge anyways. You also need a RebelSimCard Cheapest way is forums/ebay...

Thanks,
    Barry

oh yeah? i live in singapore. i am not sure.

So in the US there is how many GSM networks?

AT&T and VERIZON?

can you use verizon?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I have a Telcel Palm Pre, it's new. If anyone is interested.
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    oh yeah? i live in singapore. i am not sure.

So in the US there is how many GSM networks?

AT&T and VERIZON?

can you use verizon?
    AT&T and T-Mobile are GSM
    Verizon and Sprint are CDMA

Glad to hear the RebelSIM card solution serves your needs using a UK Pre in Singapore.
  16.    #76  
    soulashell,

Previously in this thread, you posted:
    Now you're here seeking parties who might be interested in a Telcel Palm Pre:
    I have a Telcel Palm Pre, it's new. If anyone is interested.
    Ok, I'll bite and ask the million dollar question that's begging to be asked:
    Does the Telcel Palm Pre you're trolling by us happen to be network subsidy code unlocked?

Thanks,
    Barry
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I just asked to know if anyone tried to get the code.

And the Pre I'm selling is not unlocked, but if I find someone who sells the code I'm unlocking it and sellingt it.

I will also share the source from where I get the code.
  18.    #78  
    I just asked to know if anyone tried to get the code.

And the Pre I'm selling is not unlocked, but if I find someone who sells the code I'm unlocking it and sellingt it.

I will also share the source from where I get the code.
    soulashell,
    you'd be forever known as a hero in these parts of the net!
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 01/08/2010 at 01:54 PM.
    I can't wait till we get our Rebel Sim solution!

As for the Telcel Unlock code, I would be willing to pay more for a OEM unlock like that...
    Okay, probably a dumb question, but is an unlock code for a carrier the same for all the same devices on that carrier? In other words is someone were to get the code and post it for their Telcel Pre would it work for all Telcel Pre's?
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast