Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 119
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinrirvine View Post
    Hi BARRY,
    1st off, Merry XMAS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. 2nd, let's make this not only possible but rock solid so that especially you and I will have are UNLOCK SOLUTION IN 10 DAYS MAX. Sending them your PRE IN MY HUMBLE OPINION IS NOT ROCK SOLID FOR YOU DO NOT HAVE A TELCEL PRE PD SIM I DO AND WITHOUT THIS, HENCE YOUR HEX TOOL IDEA, THERE IS NO WAY THEY CAN FIGURE OUT WHY THEIR REBEL SIM2 IS NOT WORKING ON OUR TELCEL ONE'S LIKE IT DOES THE UK VERSION. TO ME THIS MAKES THE MOST SENSE. I on the other hand can send them everything they need so there is no possibility for failure, telcel sim, att, and even t-mo to be extremely thorough. What do you say? Kevin
    Kevin,

    My preference would be for you to continue with your Hex tool data gathering efforts. Please contact Adrian Amin adnan@rebelsimcard.com 0044 1706508124 at Rebel SIM to arrange transfer to them of your gathered data, and to ensure prompt handling of it upon receipt.

    I, on the other hand will be shipping my Locked Telcel Palm Pre already activated along with a Prepaid Telcel SIM card and an AT&T SIM card out via Fed Ex International on Monday for a Tuesday delivery to RebelSIM in the UK.

    With next Friday being New Years, I can almost guarantee I will not be receiving my Pre back from the UK until the following week beginning January 4th , however if a solution is at hand sooner as a result of our efforts, it may very well be possible for you and others to download the updated Rebel SIM firmware by New Years.

    In my opinion, continuing to pursue two similar, however separate paths with Rebel SIM whilst investigating other potential things such as the modem firmware flashing routine is the smartest path forward for us to follow.

    This brings up another point to consider. Although we are all hopeful and optimistic that Rebel SIM will come up with the solution, and given their track record, they most likely will, we need to remember that at this time, we have no solution at hand, nor does Rebel SIM guarantee they will be able to come up with a solution. If you are hoping for a solution by New Years, you may want to order the Rebel SIM programming tool for any Rebel SIM II cards you have already purchased. This will allow you to update the firmware IF and when Rebel SIM has a solution. If there is no solution for the problem from Rebel SIM, I have it on good authority that RebelSIM will refund each of us the purchase price of any Rebel SIM Cards we have already purchased for use with a Telcel Palm Pre, however, if you choose to purchase a programming tool in advance of any announced solution, you should check with them first, before purchasing it to see if they will give you a refund.

    Apologies for writing another long novel ...(by now you should know that's a trademark of my posts!).....

    Happy holidays to everyone here at Precentral,
    Barry
  2. #42  
    hi

    its worth mentioning
    after you connect the usb cable and driver loads from windows update or you have driver already installed then

    at that point check device manager as on anything higher than win xp you need to run on port 1

    if port 1 is no already selected then change the port to 1

    then start the realterm progam for data capture

    enter the info as in video

    port

    speed
    etc

    then you are ready to capture the data and should connect phone and turn on

    if you see data then all is ok

    also if you are saving data to file then no data is shown on screen and only the data will be sent to the file

    hope that helps


    Palm Pre Rocks
  3.    #43  
    kevinrirvine, hope this helps,

    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre_user View Post
    hi

    its worth mentioning
    after you connect the usb cable and driver loads from windows update or you have driver already installed then

    at that point check device manager as on anything higher than win xp you need to run on port 1

    if port 1 is no already selected then change the port to 1

    then start the realterm progam for data capture

    enter the info as in video

    port

    speed
    etc

    then you are ready to capture the data and should connect phone and turn on

    if you see data then all is ok

    also if you are saving data to file then no data is shown on screen and only the data will be sent to the file

    hope that helps


    Palm Pre Rocks
  4. #44  
    [QUOTE=palmpre_user;2107882]hi

    its worth mentioning
    after you connect the usb cable and driver loads from windows update or you have driver already installed then

    at that point check device manager as on anything higher than win xp you need to run on port 1

    if port 1 is no already selected then change the port to 1

    then start the realterm progam for data capture

    enter the info as in video

    port

    speed
    etc

    then you are ready to capture the data and should connect phone and turn on

    if you see data then all is ok

    also if you are saving data to file then no data is shown on screen and only the data will be sent to the file

    hope that helps






















































    Thanks for trying to help and I wish it was as simple as this and Simon and Barry said the same thing to match the ports and try it this way. The driver, not windows update, always no matter what I do loads to port 3 or 4 and being plug and play there is no way I can get or tell the driver to load to port or com1. This is where I have been stuck for 3 days now and anyone who would like to try and crack this with me or has any idea whatsoever please share. In other words say it leave it at port 3 them open real term I am always greeted with an error message BAD ID_PORT DOES NOT EXIST. So and I have this step mastered yet is does not fix the problem either. I go into device manager on xp sp2 go to advanced options change to port or com1 exit the program then start real term and everything works flawlessly except for the most important part. NO GREEN LIGHTS LIGHT UP WITH ALL THE PARAMETERS SET UP CORRECTLY.

    My biggest frustration is with Solutions point LTD and there software program for it has become quite obvious to me if the driver does not successfully load to com1 to begin with changing this does nothing hence no success. I have scoured the internet for help to resolve this issue but there help is well no help, i.e. no troubleshooting steps if something goes wrong like they think everyone can get this program to work properly and excuse my language this is a ***** AND NOT MUCH FUN. Barry, if you read this update and yes I agree with you and coming at this from 2 fronts if you will please pm your phone number for I need help and another perspective would be much appreciated. I have logged 20 plus hrs into this and am not lying, wiped a drive to go from 7 to xp and have been as persistent as I get out yet am also now on day 4 at a point where I might not be able to bring this baby to the PROMISED LAND and THIS DOES NOT MEAN I HAVE GIVEN UP NOT IN MY VOCABULARY NOR DOES IT MEAN I FAILED. TRYING LIKE HELL IS NOT FAILING. THANKS, KEVIN
  5.    #45  
    Kevin,

    Since you've wiped your drive and went back to XP, try this.

    After you've changed the driver port to com 1 in the device manager, go to the manual settings screen (recalling from memory as I am on Win7) look for "other" devices with conflicts and disable them. If that does not work, when you first boot your computer go into the BIOS setup, and look for serial ports. Make sure there is only one enabled and it is on com1, if that does not work, try switching the port in the BIOS to com2. If you have two serial ports in the BIOS disable one of them.


    [quote=kevinrirvine;2108526]
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre_user View Post
    hi

    its worth mentioning
    after you connect the usb cable and driver loads from windows update or you have driver already installed then

    at that point check device manager as on anything higher than win xp you need to run on port 1

    if port 1 is no already selected then change the port to 1

    then start the realterm progam for data capture

    enter the info as in video

    port

    speed
    etc

    then you are ready to capture the data and should connect phone and turn on

    if you see data then all is ok

    also if you are saving data to file then no data is shown on screen and only the data will be sent to the file

    hope that helps


    Thanks for trying to help and I wish it was as simple as this and Simon and Barry said the same thing to match the ports and try it this way. The driver, not windows update, always no matter what I do loads to port 3 or 4 and being plug and play there is no way I can get or tell the driver to load to port or com1. This is where I have been stuck for 3 days now and anyone who would like to try and crack this with me or has any idea whatsoever please share. In other words say it leave it at port 3 them open real term I am always greeted with an error message BAD ID_PORT DOES NOT EXIST. So and I have this step mastered yet is does not fix the problem either. I go into device manager on xp sp2 go to advanced options change to port or com1 exit the program then start real term and everything works flawlessly except for the most important part. NO GREEN LIGHTS LIGHT UP WITH ALL THE PARAMETERS SET UP CORRECTLY.

    My biggest frustration is with Solutions point LTD and there software program for it has become quite obvious to me if the driver does not successfully load to com1 to begin with changing this does nothing hence no success. I have scoured the internet for help to resolve this issue but there help is well no help, i.e. no troubleshooting steps if something goes wrong like they think everyone can get this program to work properly and excuse my language this is a ***** AND NOT MUCH FUN. Barry, if you read this update and yes I agree with you and coming at this from 2 fronts if you will please pm your phone number for I need help and another perspective would be much appreciated. I have logged 20 plus hrs into this and am not lying, wiped a drive to go from 7 to xp and have been as persistent as I get out yet am also now on day 4 at a point where I might not be able to bring this baby to the PROMISED LAND and THIS DOES NOT MEAN I HAVE GIVEN UP NOT IN MY VOCABULARY NOR DOES IT MEAN I FAILED. TRYING LIKE HELL IS NOT FAILING. THANKS, KEVIN
  6. #46  
    [QUOTE=TopTongueBarry;2108532]Kevin,

    Since you've wiped your drive and went back to XP, try this.

    After you've changed the driver port to com 1 in the device manager, go to the manual settings screen (recalling from memory as I am on Win7) look for "other" devices with conflicts and disable them. If that does not work, when you first boot your computer go into the BIOS setup, and look for serial ports. Make sure there is only one enabled and it is on com1, if that does not work, try switching the port in the BIOS to com2. If you have two serial ports in the BIOS disable one of them.


    Barry,
    I have done all of this and more since XMAS eve day with no success. The very odd part is when I go into my bios on not only one but 2 p.c.s. there is no option to see what com/serial ports are on the pc as if they do not exist and this is not mere coincidence if it happened on 2 different pcs and I know what I am looking for. I was on and love 7 as well, but I am running a clean install of xp home with sp2 and no conflicts for I have on the pc except real term so none of this makes any sense and as mentioned earlier the program not me is to blame. Telnet is not registered every single time I have uninstalled and reinstalled real term and I am certain this is the main issue and why no connectivity. Then when I have to manually register the program it still gives me no idea if I did it properly but there is no way it did so I am stuck. Telnet so you know basically runs this entire process so if is does not automatically register with their servers on install there is no chance of success and this has happened on 2 different pcs one on vista home premium the other you know. Thanks, Kevin
  7.    #47  
    Kevin,

    I am sorry you are having so much trouble. I am trying to help as best as I can with the information you have provided.
    Just so you know, I do understand the use of Telnet, as I administer Sun Solaris Unix systems as a part of the type of work I do.

    Back to your troubles with data capture. If there is no serial port setup in the BIOS, then you can only rely on Windows for device configuration. IF you can get the Realterm software registered, since you are using Windows XP, try COM2 and if you can verify no conflicts, then you should hopefully have some success. If not, call Adrian at Rebel SIM. He may be able to help you get it working!

    P.S.

    To All :

    My Telcel Pre is on it's way to the UK!!


    I'm really hopeful and crossing my toes, my eyes, and whatever else I can cross so that Kevin can get the troubles capturing his data resolved, and then get the capture file uploaded to Rebel SIM. We're hopefully only a week (or maybe less) away from saying hello to AT&T 3G on a Palm Pre device.

    Thanks,
    Barry
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Kevin,

    I am sorry you are having so much trouble. I am trying to help as best as I can with the information you have provided.
    Just so you know, I do understand the use of Telnet, as I administer Sun Solaris Unix systems as a part of the type of work I do.

    Back to your troubles with data capture. If there is no serial port setup in the BIOS, then you can only rely on Windows for device configuration. IF you can get the Realterm software registered, since you are using Windows XP, try COM2 and if you can verify no conflicts, then you should hopefully have some success. If not, call Adrian at Rebel SIM. He may be able to help you get it working!

    P.S.

    To All :

    My Telcel Pre is on it's way to the UK!!


    I'm really hopeful and crossing my toes, my eyes, and whatever else I can cross so that Kevin can get the troubles capturing his data resolved, and then get the capture file uploaded to Rebel SIM. We're hopefully only a week (or maybe less) away from saying hello to AT&T 3G on a Palm Pre device.

    Thanks,
    Barry
    Barry,
    I would p.m. you but probably like you, yes I am trying to read your mind here, this whole project is just you and I period and most other's have bailed or not posted in days taking the easy way out. Think about it there are only 4 of us with the phone right now and from what I just read Beast does not have a clue what he is doing with the device so it is you and I and Simon. In a nutshell, very little interest in the Palm Pre Telcel and I will take it one step further there probably won't be even when an unlock solution is found shortly. Most people see Tony whatever for example are all talk no action and you and I have put our heart, time, money, and soul into this project and it is as simple as this. Sad, but true.

    I will stop here and just call you in a few hrs and let you know where I am at on my end and though much more optimistic since I started this this past Xmas eve morning still not quite there yet and I am pretty certain I know why and it has nothing to do with me but the program. One last thing before I call you soon. REBEL SIM WILL SUCCEED WITH YOUR PHONE FOR IN ESSENCE WHICH YOU DO NOT SEEM AS CERTAIN OF AS I DO FOR WHAT YOU SENT THEM IS THE EXACT SAME THING AS I AM DOING NOW. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE IN THE APPROACHES HERE. THE SAME EXACT DATA WILL BE EXTRACTED FOR THEY HAVE THE HEX SCANNER TOOL THERE AND THIS IS WHAT THEY WILL USE WITH BOTH YOUR TELCEL PRE PD SIM AND AT&T ONE WHICH AS YOU KNOW IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM ATTEMPTING TO DO NOW. THANKS, KEVIN
  9. #49  
    Hi everyone, I'm from Mexico and I bought a Palm Pre today on MercadoLibre (an "eBay" like webpage). I'll have the phone on my hands on Tuesday 30, I can help you to check anything you want or need.

    I purchased a RebelSim II from UK and they shipped the simcard in December 9 (I paid shipment throught DHL, but they sent the card using RoyalMail for no reason, so I'm still waiting for it to arrive... things worse, I'm taking vacations outside the shipment address and the Mexican Post Service is not as reliable as the USPS). How much does a package like this takes to arrive from UK using RoyalMail?

    Also, I did'nt buy an "USB programmer" or whatever they call it, I was worried but I have found some interesting information in this PDF http://rebelsimcard.com/virtu/images...ents/intro.pdf, at the end of page 9 it says:

    5.3 Upgradeable

    * Rebel can be configured via standard simcard readers that are PC/SC compatible.

    * No special dongle or specialist simcard programmer required as all that's needed to configure presets or upgrade the firmware is a standard USB PC/SC smartcard/simcard reader.


    So, what does "PC/SC" means, do I need a standard "simcard reader" and that's all? (because I have seen many "readers" but no "writers", I'll check this before the firmware update is released).

    I'm telling you all of this because I want to use the Telcel Palm Pre in another GSM Mexican Carrier called "Movistar". I'll make some testing like this:

    - Insert the Movistar simcard and see what happens
    - Insert the RebelSim II and the Movistar simcard together
    - Update the firmware of the RebelSim II and insert it with the Movistar simcard

    I'll keep you informed to see what happens. I remember that I saw a blog which described differents APN's (for roaming of course) inside a file in the Spanish Movistar Pre WebOS (remember that Spain also sells GSM Pres through Movistar).

    Could it be possible that "Movistar Mexico" would be detected as "Movistar Spain" (or something)... similar to "T-Mobile USA" to "T-Mobile UK"???

    Bye.

    PD: I hope the "upgrading" part of my post helps a little bit in all of this, I have read all posts and I'm sure and update will be available soon.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinrirvine View Post
    Barry,
    I would p.m. you but probably like you, yes I am trying to read your mind here, this whole project is just you and I period and most other's have bailed or not posted in days taking the easy way out. Think about it there are only 4 of us with the phone right now and from what I just read Beast does not have a clue what he is doing with the device so it is you and I and Simon. In a nutshell, very little interest in the Palm Pre Telcel and I will take it one step further there probably won't be even when an unlock solution is found shortly. Most people see Tony whatever for example are all talk no action and you and I have put our heart, time, money, and soul into this project and it is as simple as this. Sad, but true.

    I will stop here and just call you in a few hrs and let you know where I am at on my end and though much more optimistic since I started this this past Xmas eve morning still not quite there yet and I am pretty certain I know why and it has nothing to do with me but the program. One last thing before I call you soon. REBEL SIM WILL SUCCEED WITH YOUR PHONE FOR IN ESSENCE WHICH YOU DO NOT SEEM AS CERTAIN OF AS I DO FOR WHAT YOU SENT THEM IS THE EXACT SAME THING AS I AM DOING NOW. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE IN THE APPROACHES HERE. THE SAME EXACT DATA WILL BE EXTRACTED FOR THEY HAVE THE HEX SCANNER TOOL THERE AND THIS IS WHAT THEY WILL USE WITH BOTH YOUR TELCEL PRE PD SIM AND AT&T ONE WHICH AS YOU KNOW IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM ATTEMPTING TO DO NOW. THANKS, KEVIN
    Kevin,

    I think it is great what you are doing, but keep in mind that the level of detail you are getting into far exceeds what most people using one of these devices understands. I am tied to AT&T and thus have interest in this entire process but I can't help or add any perspective either.

    Additionally, it is a little concerning for me to buy a product intended for another carrier and then use a 3rd party tool such as a Rebel sim card to get it to work on my carrier. I also want to have a rock solid warranty from the manufacturer and it could be tricky buying from Telcel and using in the US.

    I currently have an unlocked Treo Pro and really want to make the swicth to a Pre but I won't do so until there is a good AT&T compatible solution, at a fair price and with a reasonable amount of effort required.

    Again, I think it is great that you are making this effort, but I caution you from assuming nobody else wants to help--as there really isn't much that the vast majority of us can do.

    Thanks,
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by aguilera_reyes View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm from Mexico and I bought a Palm Pre today on MercadoLibre (an "eBay" like webpage). I'll have the phone on my hands on Tuesday 30, I can help you to check anything you want or need.

    I purchased a RebelSim II from UK and they shipped the simcard in December 9 (I paid shipment throught DHL, but they sent the card using RoyalMail for no reason, so I'm still waiting for it to arrive... things worse, I'm taking vacations outside the shipment address and the Mexican Post Service is not as reliable as the USPS). How much does a package like this takes to arrive from UK using RoyalMail?

    Also, I did'nt buy an "USB programmer" or whatever they call it, I was worried but I have found some interesting information in this PDF http://rebelsimcard.com/virtu/images...ents/intro.pdf, at the end of page 9 it says:

    5.3 Upgradeable

    * Rebel can be configured via standard simcard readers that are PC/SC compatible.

    * No special dongle or specialist simcard programmer required as all that's needed to configure presets or upgrade the firmware is a standard USB PC/SC smartcard/simcard reader.

    So, what does "PC/SC" means, do I need a standard "simcard reader" and that's all? (because I have seen many "readers" but no "writers", I'll check this before the firmware update is released).

    I'm telling you all of this because I want to use the Telcel Palm Pre in another GSM Mexican Carrier called "Movistar". I'll make some testing like this:

    - Insert the Movistar simcard and see what happens
    - Insert the RebelSim II and the Movistar simcard together
    - Update the firmware of the RebelSim II and insert it with the Movistar simcard

    I'll keep you informed to see what happens. I remember that I saw a blog which described differents APN's (for roaming of course) inside a file in the Spanish Movistar Pre WebOS (remember that Spain also sells GSM Pres through Movistar).

    Could it be possible that "Movistar Mexico" would be detected as "Movistar Spain" (or something)... similar to "T-Mobile USA" to "T-Mobile UK"???

    Bye.

    PD: I hope the "upgrading" part of my post helps a little bit in all of this, I have read all posts and I'm sure and update will be available soon.
    Appreciate your offers to test the device on Movistar. So far, nobody has been able to use a non-Telcel SIM card in a Telcel Palm Pre using the RebelSIM card. Since the RebelSIM card does not actually modify the device, it should not void your warranty. I've spoken with Telcel customer service on several occasions, and they have confirmed the warranty is still valid on my Pre as long as the device is not modified.

    Unfortunately, Telcel does not provide subsidy unlock codes to any customers, even those who have purchased the devices directly from them at full price without any carrier subsidy or contract requirement.

    The RebelSIM card is basically an emulator which fools the locked device into believing the necessary carrier SIM is inserted. To do this, it's firmware needs to include Telcel SIMcard data. Soon after receiving our Locked Telcel palm Pre's and our Rebel Sim cards, we discovered that even though the RebelSIM card soultion works on the UK O2 Palm Pre, it doesn't yet provide a solution for the Telcel Palm Pre. We have been working with the folks at RebelSIM, so hopefully a solution is right around the corner.

    Thanks,
    Barry
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Kevin,

    I think it is great what you are doing, but keep in mind that the level of detail you are getting into far exceeds what most people using one of these devices understands. I am tied to AT&T and thus have interest in this entire process but I can't help or add any perspective either.

    Additionally, it is a little concerning for me to buy a product intended for another carrier and then use a 3rd party tool such as a Rebel sim card to get it to work on my carrier. I also want to have a rock solid warranty from the manufacturer and it could be tricky buying from Telcel and using in the US.

    I currently have an unlocked Treo Pro and really want to make the swicth to a Pre but I won't do so until there is a good AT&T compatible solution, at a fair price and with a reasonable amount of effort required.

    Again, I think it is great that you are making this effort, but I caution you from assuming nobody else wants to help--as there really isn't much that the vast majority of us can do.

    Thanks,
    Hey Everyone yes you too Barry,
    I feel like I am on a raft all alone in the middle of the ocean with little or no chance of success and at the same time feel alot of pressure from the community to try and capture this elusive data to get us all an unlock solution as quickly as possible. Not a fun place to be in and Barry was right about one thing me explaining to all of you what I have literally spent the past 5 days of my life doing, I am not lying here and basically had no XMAS 2009, is not worth for none of you would understand what I am saying. Not even Barry who supposedly has this incredible tech background far greater than I do and yet he has no clue what I am up against here.

    So where am I at exactly? I am very close yet at the same time so very far away. I know this makes no sense to any of you, yet if you spent the past 5 days of your life with the HEX SCANNER APDU you would know exactly what I am saying. Please bear in mind I have been on Windows since there was Windows and well I don't have a technical mind per say, I always manage to figure these sort of things out for I am very driven, search for clues or answers, and will not give up until I have succeeded. However, this project is different in that I am dealing with the unknown, a program that has not been updated in almost 20 months, yes months, has no support whatsoever, tried that, and for lack of a better term very few people or companies have even used this program so I have no choice but to figure it out on my own and IT IS A *****. I know that video makes it appear well, easy, quess what, I GUARANTEE YOU AS MY REAL NAME IS KEVIN THEY TOOK 10-20 TRIES BEFORE DOING THAT VIDEO FOR ALL OF THE OTHERS FAILED. I AM CERTAIN OF THIS FACT.

    I will keep all of you posted but being that I am emotionally and physically exhausted from this project whether it works or not have told myself tonight and tomorrow are the last days on it and hopefully I find the solution and if not "TRUST ME ON THIS ONE I DID NOT, REPEAT, NOT FAIL, for trying like all get out for 5-6 days straight is not failure" Kevin
  13. #53  
    Hi Everyone,
    I can't believe this but I finally did it and am so proud of my self. Captured data Telcel PRE PD SIM now going to AT&T SIM to be thorough and then will e-mail my files to Adriann at REBEL SIM TONIGHT AND BETWEEN BARRY AND I WE WILL, REST ASSURED, HAVE THESE TELCEL PRE'S UNLOCKED BY MID NEXT WEEK. THIS IS MY GIFT TO THE PRE CENTRAL TELCEL GROUP. I DID IT AND SHE WAS A B. KEVIN
  14. #54  
    Hi again,
    Kevin here. Just quickly for still work to do the tecel pre pd sim gathering is now complete and finally heard back from rebel sim after totally ignoring my e-mail yesterday asking for help with this oh so complicated gadget, then lo and behold I e-mailed them again with my success story and they got back to me within 3 minutes telling me how to send the file to them. Ironic yes and why? Because they will profit from this when they figure out the loop hole for the TELCEL PRE TO UNLOCK IT for us and then charge us more money.

    One more important thing and this is the honest truth. Please do understand this is far from over though my earlier post was downright giddy and the reason is the data capture was SUCCESSFUL, HOWEVER I DID RECEIVE, NOT MY FAULT, SOME ERROR MESSAGES WHILE DOING THIS, AND AS SUCH THERE MIGHT BE THE POSSIBILITY THAT DUE TO THIS REBEL SIM WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DETERMINE THE RESULTS AS WELL. However, I am still optimistic all will go well and according to there reply to me we MIGHT KNOW AS EARLY AS FRIDAY, HAPPY NEW YR'S GIFT EVERYONE FROM ME, AND POSSIBLY BE ABLE TO UNLOCK OUR PRE'S ON FRIDAY EVENING WITH THEIR FIRMWARE UPDATE.
    THE WORD MIGHT IS THE KEY WORD HERE. GOD, LET US HOPE SO SO PLEASE SAY YOUR PRAYER'S TONIGHT THAT MY RESULTS WENT SMOOTHLY. KEVIN IRVINE
    P.S. I WILL KEEP YOU ALL POSTED AND AM NOW IN DIRECT COMMUNICATION WITH ADRIAN AT REBEL SIM SO THEY ARE TAKING ME SERIOUSLY, FINALLY, SO STAY TUNED.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Appreciate your offers to test the device on Movistar. So far, nobody has been able to use a non-Telcel SIM card in a Telcel Palm Pre using the RebelSIM card. Since the RebelSIM card does not actually modify the device, it should not void your warranty. I've spoken with Telcel customer service on several occasions, and they have confirmed the warranty is still valid on my Pre as long as the device is not modified.

    Unfortunately, Telcel does not provide subsidy unlock codes to any customers, even those who have purchased the devices directly from them at full price without any carrier subsidy or contract requirement.

    The RebelSIM card is basically an emulator which fools the locked device into believing the necessary carrier SIM is inserted. To do this, it's firmware needs to include Telcel SIMcard data. Soon after receiving our Locked Telcel palm Pre's and our Rebel Sim cards, we discovered that even though the RebelSIM card soultion works on the UK O2 Palm Pre, it doesn't yet provide a solution for the Telcel Palm Pre. We have been working with the folks at RebelSIM, so hopefully a solution is right around the corner.

    Thanks,
    Barry
    So did you hear back from RebelSim yet Barry? Considering you sent it out on Monday, I am thinking they should have it by now.
  16. #56  
    Kevin and Barry, thanks to both of you, I've following you through this process and let me tell you that I'm very happy for your achievement: it was SO FAST. It may look like a little contribution, I know, but it represents a lot of more thinks: YOU HELPED MANY MANY AMERICANS AND MEXICANS WHO TRIED TO USE A PALM PRE in the network/carrier they want. Maybe some folks won't even know about all of this and simply will use a RebelSim, insert their AT&T/T-Mobile SIMcards and voila' "the magic is done", but behind all of this thing, both of you will always be.

    Ok, proceding... and regarding my "Movistar" investigation, let me tell you that my GSM Pre arrived yesterday (yeah!!!) and I was trying to use a Movistar SIMcard out of the box but the Pre shows "wrong SIM, enter subsidy code" (or something like that, the same kind of message that shows up in Motorola phones) so I had to use a Telcel SIMcard instead to start using it and now I'm waiting two things: the arriving of my RebelSim II and the release of the Firmware Update.

    I'm so worried because I don't even know where is my RebelSim and *** is going on with it (remember that now is in the hands of the mexican postal service, which is a regular service).

    I know that any of you aren't paid for all of this, but at least let me help you by supporting your effort and let me buy you one of your RebelSIM's with the firmware update applied (I read that one of you received two of them), I could pay you the same selling price that is in the official page plus shipping (through paypal of course).

    Anyway, thanks for all of this again and happy new year.


    Héctor E. Aguilera
    greetings from México
  17. #57  
    Any updates guys?
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmw135i View Post
    So did you hear back from RebelSim yet Barry? Considering you sent it out on Monday, I am thinking they should have it by now.
    Ok, For those of you wanting an update, let me begin by thanking Kevin for all of his hard work. He trodded through unknown territory and spent the better part of a week attempting to gather the data for RebelSIM only to have them respond that the data capture was not in the correct format. When all is said and done with this effort, he deserves as much credit as any of us for the work he performed.

    As for my efforts, I'll start by letting you know that my Palm Pre did not actually reach the Fed Ex shipping truck last Monday December 28th. After discussing the siutuation with Adnan Amir of Rebel SIM card company, we decided it would be best to have my Telcel Pre fully functional using the Telcel pre-paid SIM inserted.

    I proceeded to activate the Telcel SIM from here in the USA and soon discovered the SIM I purchased was sold for local use only within the boundries of Mexico. To overcome this restriction I had to endure many hours of phone time with Telcel's International Roaming Department, in order to first have the DUL (local) service restriction removed, then to get my American passport number added to the pre-paid account (Mexican government now requires identification for all mobile accounts), and finally one last call to have International roaming services enabled. Many of these "phone-time" hours were spent on hold listening to Telcel's canned recordings until I was connected to Telcel representatives who apparently only spoke Spanish, and when confronted with "Comprende ingles" hung up on me.

    After activation, I needed to add money to my new Mexican Telcel pre-paid account for voice service, then add data services. To do so, I needed to register on Telcel.com, and stumble through the spanish to get everything done. Many hours later, thanks to Yahoo's Babel Fish translation services (one paragraph at a time, as needed) I had registered the account, and proceeded to "myprepaidwireless.com" to add my money. Of course that was the easiest part of the whole ordeal. They make it really easy to give them money!

    As of Monday, January 4th, 2010, my Telcel Palm Pre, my activated and charged Telcel SIM card, my AT&T charged SIM card, my RebelSIM card, as well as a Palm charger and data cable are finally in transit via Fed Ex International Priority, and scheduled for delivery to RebelSIM in the UK January 6th, 2010. Once Adnan and the folks at RebelSIM card have received the phone, they believe they will be able to offer us an unlock solution within three days.


    More to come .......
    Barry
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 01/06/2010 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Dec 28th - original planned ship date, not Dec 21st
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Ok, For those of you wanting an update,............ More to come .......
    Barry
    Above and beyond the call of duty :-)

    I believe the telcel phone might be good for Telstra customers here in Australia where they run an 850mhz network as well.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    Above and beyond the call of duty :-)

    I believe the telcel phone might be good for Telstra customers here in Australia where they run an 850mhz network as well.
    That may be true ......

    Furthermore, I'm surprised nobody's asked me about the Pre's 3G performance on AT&T yet. Allow me to break the news:

    Yes, the Telcel Palm Pre connects to AT&T's 3G network. Once I had international roaming enabled and my Telcel SIM charged up with data services, the 3G icon remained lit constantly whilst roaming on AT&T's network (it had waivered between E and 3G prior to that) - (so nobody has to ask, yes, the R for roaming was also present).

    It's blazing fast on AT&T's 3G network, about twice as fast opening up web pages in the browser when compared to the Sprint EVDO Pre I'll be ditching once we have this baby unlocked.

    Not a single dropped call during the short time I used this Pre while connected to the AT&T network. iPhone 3Gs users, feel free to take that information and ........ chew on it!

    For now, until I hear back from the folks at Rebel SIM,
    Adios Amigos ....
    Barry
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions