1.    #1  
    Im riding it out out all the way!! Its sad to see people influenced by Fan Boys!! PALM RULES!!! Im always on twitter talkin positive about Palm and from what i see on twitter alot of people love there Palm Pre.
    I hear ya. Im in this for the long haul. I didnt buy my pre, and then pixi, because they were like android or iphone OS, i bought them because WebOS is different. It has its shortcomings, but im confident that palm can get itself back in the black, and will continue to improve their software.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    I hear ya. Im in this for the long haul. I didnt buy my pre, and then pixi, because they were like android or iphone OS, i bought them because WebOS is different. It has its shortcomings, but im confident that palm can get itself back in the black, and will continue to improve their software.
    I have no such delusions that Palm will get on their feet. A miracle is what they need. Thanks to Palm, I was finally wrong about technology. It's ok to love your device, but reality has slapped everyone across the face: Palm is no longer relevant.
    Palm used to be the smartphone top dog.

Apple is now king, followed by rim and or nokia.

Mosts smartphone analyts regard palm, their stock, and their overall relevance to the space with a single word: WHATEVER

Palm really doesn't matter anymore, despite the claims to the contrary by a small group of zealots in this forum.

They are a little league team compared to the major leagues of apple and rimm.

Palm = also ran
    The way people get worked up about a toy.
    I have two Macs a MBP and a Pro. I love my Macs but anyone who thinks the iphone is a Smartphone is Delusional. This article and the news reports about the iphone are what I have been saying from the beginning.

Iphone is cool but by no means is it a Smart Phone.
    I kept my iphone but am using it as an ipod, great toy but no communications tool.

I like my pre

iPhone users are delusional, consultants say | Technically Incorrect - CNET News
    Global Posts
    288 Global Posts
    Dang, say one thing nice about the Pre or Palm and you get jumped on by apparently long time posters/users. Just because Palm is down now doesn't mean they will be down forever. Just look at Apple, they were getting hammered not that long ago, on the way out , irrelevant to the current personal computer market. But they had a small group of zealots who stuck behind them and look at them now. WebOS is the best out there, no doubt about it. If you say it's not then you are kidding yourself. Yes there are some issues with it, but all first generations products have problems. When the iPhone came out it was no way as advanced as the Pre. It took Apple to it's third generations product to get to the Pre first generation product. And one last point, The iPhone is NOT, I repeat NOT an Smart phone. It is a phone with a great Web browser, gaming and media capabilities. It is more of a status symbol now. I have an iPhone, look at me, I'm cool. It is on a suck ***** network who charges you an arm and a leg just for having the iPhone on their network.
    And you actually think people don't get paid to say good things about the Pre? Plz
    I hope it doesn't catch fire in my pocket! j/k
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I thought the subject referred to their corporate headquarters, so they can cash in on an insurance claim.
    + 231% for the year. You don't need to be the biggest corporation. You need to be the corporation with vision and innovation. I will continue to purchase PALM even though the last six months have been less than desirable.

The common stock will be on fire shortly.
    This is a funny thread. I left Palm and went to a iPhone. Came back to the Centro for a week and left again.
    I got my start with Palm way back on the Visor phone, back when Palm/handspring was kicking ****.

Lets put it like this... Dieter said Palm was in the Valley.......... If any of that statement was true......

Then Palm is using a Plastic Fork as their pick.... Cuz they are still stuck down there.....

I would love for Palm to step it up and get the Pre movin. They have a great product and iPhone competitor. Please Palm stop making new devices and perfect the one you have. You have all those Apple guys over there. you should know better!!!!

iPhone is the best Smartphone ever BTW.
    Bro really?!?!?!? LOL Sell your iPhone and buy a iPod..... I hardly believe you use your iPhone JUST for music......

I bought a Nokia E71, E72, Treo pro, Palm Centro and I said the same thing. When I got home/car/anywhere the phone stayed in my pocket until it rang.

I guess the def of a smartphone will change very soon then... To date, the iPhone has taken the smartphone market and crushed it, chewed it, pooped it out and it is what, what it is. The nerds, ranters and zealots know differently. But until, anyone else rips it from their cold dead fingers the article posted below is a big pile of pooooo.

Sounds like the guy saw one of Verizons (idon't/**** advertisement commercials) and felt inspired.

I guess when your at the top everyone HATES.

Bottom line, Palm and its ******* need to step up and do something instead of whine.

Back in the day it was
    Palm vs WM vs Nokia vs RIm and everyone touted why they had the better device.

Now its
    Apple vs RIM vs whinners

Palm vs Palm (get off your duff do one thing and dow it well)
    WM vs WM (laughable)
    Google vs Google (fragmentation aka the new WM)

These companies can't get out of their own way to make a decent product. Its frustrating, I want to see competition in the mobile space. Not a bunch of half passed attempts. Dan Hesse said it best iPhone is like Mike Jordan. Other companies just need to acknowledge that, make a game plan and make the best the can. I have high hopes for the Pre. But I wonder if Palm still does?

Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    I have two Macs a MBP and a Pro. I love my Macs but anyone who thinks the iphone is a Smartphone is Delusional. This article and the news reports about the iphone are what I have been saying from the beginning.

Iphone is cool but by no means is it a Smart Phone.
    I kept my iphone but am using it as an ipod, great toy but no communications tool.

I like my pre

iPhone users are delusional, consultants say | Technically Incorrect - CNET News
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Palm used to be the smartphone top dog.

Apple is now king, followed by rim and or nokia.

Mosts smartphone analyts regard palm, their stock, and their overall relevance to the space with a single word: WHATEVER

Palm really doesn't matter anymore, despite the claims to the contrary by a small group of zealots in this forum.

They are a little league team compared to the major leagues of apple and rimm.

Palm = also ran
    Funny, at one time the same could have been said for Apple. If it wasn't for the iPhone, Apple would be just a niche tech because of the Mac.
    Palm has sold 1.6 million webOS phones since June 2009. The first Android phone, the G1, sold 1 million in the same time period.

Yes the earnings call was a disappointment, but Palm is showing progress to pull out of the red. It seems everyone has ADD these days.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I thought this was a thread about hoping that Palm's HQ would catch on fire

lulz
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    They didn't sell ANY Treos in the past six months? It's still on their website and is an established brand, is available on multiple carriers, and is still a popular enterprise tool.
    In last week's results, I believe it was established that just 80 percent of that underwhelming number of sold-through phones were WebOS.

80 percent of 573K = 458K of Pre and Pixi phones in the last three months, and that includes the launch of a new device along with all of the insane Black Friday deals.

Or to put it in perspective, slightly over half of what the higher priced Droid on the more expensive Verizon did in a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    I hope it doesn't catch fire in my pocket! j/k
    No joke... that's what I thought this thread was about. Sometimes my phone gets HOT. Like uncomfortable to touch hot.
  19.    #19  
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by zig8100 View Post
    Its sad to see people influenced by Fan Boys!! PALM RULES!!! Im always on twitter talkin positive about Palm and from what i see on twitter alot of people love there Palm Pre.

How's your sense of irony?