1.    #1  
    Today I went to preware and installed the patch called "a clear Launcher". I don't like it so I uninstalled it, my pre lost response during the process. Fianlly I have to remove the battery to do a power reset, but then all my icons was changed. They all looks like iphone icons and the start screen was also changed to a black-background with silver font saying "I-PRE".

Then I tried with Quick Install, but the themer shows it's using the default theme. I simply installed a new random theme from the gallery, but all the icons remain the same. After this, I tried to revert to default with the theme settings in Quick insall, but I got no luck. The launcher and the wallpaper seems to be reverted but no luck for those icons. I am getting really confused here. I have never installed this theme before, how the hell does it get on to my pre and never go away? Is this some sort of malicious patches?

Update: I also checked the theme gallery and searched for "ipre", there are 3 themes have related names but none of them is what I am having right now.

Screenshot:

Whoa...
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    i want
    I actually made one of the themes that have these icons, but I do not include the patches in the themes. So there was no random malicious patch that could have caused this.

If you installed the patch (a Clear Launcher) through Preware, then uninstalled through Preware, you might try installing another theme (other than IPre) and then uninstalling it and seeing if the uninstall process through Preware fixes the issue with the icons.

I have literally installed and uninstalled a ton of themes on my Pre (through WQIS and preware), and the only issue I ever have is where the connection breaks through signal loss.

As a side note: I do not recognize a couple of the icons, it looks like a mix of themes were installed.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by arkieboy View Post
    I actually made one of the themes that have these icons, but I do not include the patches in the themes. So there was no random malicious patch that could have caused this.

If you installed the patch (a Clear Launcher) through Preware, then uninstalled through Preware, you might try installing another theme (other than IPre) and then uninstalling it and seeing if the uninstall process through Preware fixes the issue with the icons.

I have literally installed and uninstalled a ton of themes on my Pre (through WQIS and preware), and the only issue I ever have is where the connection breaks through signal loss.

As a side note: I do not recognize a couple of the icons, it looks like a mix of themes were installed.
    Hi, thanks for your reply. I did uninstall the patch, and I even installed it again and then uninstalled it, but it does not help. Using "revert default theme" in the webos quick install also doesn't help. This is just getting really annoying. I can't think of any other way to deal with it.
    I've had a theme get stuck before (Iron Man) and had to use WebOS doctor to revert to normal
    Quote Originally Posted by chancekang View Post
    Hi, thanks for your reply. I did uninstall the patch, and I even installed it again and then uninstalled it, but it does not help. Using "revert default theme" in the webos quick install also doesn't help. This is just getting really annoying. I can't think of any other way to deal with it.
    arkieboy said to try to install another theme and then revert to default, not to reinstall the patch. it's not recommended that you install another theme while one hasn't been uninstalled properly, so i'd peruse the gallery until you find the theme your phone has installed and try reinstalling that.

i had a similar problem in which i was unable to uninstall a theme previously installed due to a hard reset, so i simply reinstalled the same theme and it popped up again in webos quick install. i was then easily able to revert back to the default setup.

if all else fails, use webos doctor or the webos repair utility. make sure to have the latest versions downloaded.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Try using WebOSQuickInstall. I had a stuck theme and I think it's the best way.
    I actually had to use an old version of WSQI to get it off... I think? Idk. I used an old and new version and kept trying until it was off.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by djcoronel View Post
    arkieboy said to try to install another theme and then revert to default, not to reinstall the patch. it's not recommended that you install another theme while one hasn't been uninstalled properly, so i'd peruse the gallery until you find the theme your phone has installed and try reinstalling that.

i had a similar problem in which i was unable to uninstall a theme previously installed due to a hard reset, so i simply reinstalled the same theme and it popped up again in webos quick install. i was then easily able to revert back to the default setup.

if all else fails, use webos doctor or the webos repair utility. make sure to have the latest versions downloaded.
    Like I mentioned in my original thread... I did this already... Install a new theme and revert it.... I can't find any theme exactly matches the one I am stucked with. I tried with two other theme, both notified me the installation is successful, but neither actually changed anything. Reverting them is the same situation, quick install reported a successful reverting, but it actually changed nothing.

I am not gonna webdoctor my pre just because of this. There are two many homebrew apps, patches and tweaks on my pre. Not gonna ease them all... I will probably wait for 1.3.5, but thanks for your suggestions.
    uhh, you risk screwing up your phone even more if you wait for 1.3.5 and install it without having uninstalled all of your patches, tweaks and the ever so elusive theme.

webOSdoctor is calling to confirm an appointment! don't skip it.
    yup web doctor it happened to me
    I don't know what you did but that theme is pretty hot. I might have to get back into homebrew, I miss customizing my phone.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by djcoronel View Post
    uhh, you risk screwing up your phone even more if you wait for 1.3.5 and install it without having uninstalled all of your patches, tweaks and the ever so elusive theme.

webOSdoctor is calling to confirm an appointment! don't skip it.
    but if i webdoc it now, i need to re-do those patches twice.... u get my point?
    once webdoc for 1.3.5 released, i just need to do it once...
    Unless you disable updates, you run the risk of having an update forced on you *before* the 1.3.5 webdoctor is available. It was several days after the last update that the 1.3.1 doctor became available, as I recall.
    I ♥ my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKathryn View Post
    Unless you disable updates, you run the risk of having an update forced on you *before* the 1.3.5 webdoctor is available. It was several days after the last update that the 1.3.1 doctor became available, as I recall.
    exactly.