1.    #1  
    Updated my PRL to 60658. What does that do/mean? On my network settings I have my voice network as Sprint only. Is this good? Does this improve battery life?
    Last edited by stu5797; 12/18/2009 at 04:53 PM. Reason: forgot info
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Updated my PRL to 60658. What does that do/mean?
    That is Sprint's Preferred Roaming List. Unless you travel on the outskirts of town in a fringe area, you won't notice any difference.
    It's just an updated list of towers that Sprint has an agreement with.

Update ur network settings while ur at that screen too.

EDIT: Yes, I recommend the Sprint only setting (i've always used that setting), but there may be somebody here that would recommend otherwise.
    It depends on how you plan on using the phone and where.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 12/18/2009 at 05:00 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, How do you have your voice seeings? Sprint only or Automatic?
    Thanks, How do you have your voice seeings? Sprint only or Automatic?
    EDIT: Yes, I recommend the Sprint only setting (i've always used that setting), but there may be somebody here that would recommend otherwise.
    It depends on how you plan on using the phone and where.
    *** Somebody please explain to him why. I gotta go right now.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    you might want to allow roaming because it is included in your contract. if you are in a marginal or non-sprint covered area, you would pick up a verizon signal (or others) if they are available.
  6.    #6  
    That hurts the battery life though...
    That hurts the battery life though...
    Yep. Just remember: The more you have that little 'Ev' (EVDO) symbol up on top, the longer ur battery will last. That's a fact, no matter what you choose to do.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    The "R" for roaming uses less battery than the no signal icon. If you have roaming disabled. the phone seems to keep searching the spectrum for sprint signals instead of hanging out on the roaming signal for awhile. this becomes evident by how hot the phone gets while searching for a signal when there isn't one. I leave roaming on since it is included in my contract. If you're worried about battery usage while roaming 1xRTT on verizon, disable data roaming in phone prefs. BTW, alltel allows you to roam on EVDO.

I do have to use airplane mode in one of the buildings at work, because there is barely any signal in that building at all. While in this building, the phone gets uncomfortably hot while searching for a signal.
    I ride submarines...
    Updated my PRL to 60658. What does that do/mean? On my network settings I have my voice network as Sprint only. Is this good? Does this improve battery life?
    thanks didnt know i needed to update until i saw this thread !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->