Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Hello,

Itīs been a few days with the Pre and I must say I absolutely love this phone... Of course the phone is not perfect, but it almost is, it is by far the best phone Iīve ever had.

There are some things I still donīt know and I hope you people can help me (letīs see how many I remember):

1. I canīt connect the phone to my parrot bluetooth in the car... Is there some issue about this that I should know about?

2. Does being always available in Google talk (IM) drain more battery?

3. I read Video recording was posible, but couldnīt find the patch for this (through preware)

4 Installed the "hide music player" patch, but the icon is still there after a couple of restarts. Could it be because my icon is called "música" instead of music?

5. Is there a GPS program for navigating in the car for webOS?... My carrier here in Spain didnīt include any (i would need maps for spain of course)

6. Whatīs the number of patches considered reasonable to have installed until the phone starts to slow down?

7. When updating the phone, can I previously uninstall all patches one by one or do I have to use the procedures explained in the forum to do them all at once?... I ask this because Iīm not sure I understand those procedurs and I think iīve seen them differently explained in different threads

Well, I think thatīs about it

Thanks a lot for the help
    3. Install Terminal from Preware, type:
    rm -f precorder-bootstrap
    wget http://bit.ly/precorder-bootstrap
    sh precorder-bootstrap

7. Look for EPR(Emergency Patch Removal) in Preware. It'll remove all patches. If you use a theme, remove that before using EPR.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    1. I canīt connect the phone to my parrot bluetooth in the car... Is there some issue about this that I should know about?
    I don't know enough to help, except to tell you to see if your model is listed as a compatible device.
    Palm Support : Bluetooth devices that are compatible with Palm Pre phones
    2. Does being always available in Google talk (IM) drain more battery?
    If you're connected, but not actively using GTalk the added battery drain should be negligible. Obviously, the drain will increase when you're holding a conversation.
    3. I read Video recording was posible, but couldnīt find the patch for this (through preware)
    Application:Precorder - WebOS Internals
    7. When updating the phone, can I previously uninstall all patches one by one or do I have to use the procedures explained in the forum to do them all at once?... I ask this because Iīm not sure I understand those procedurs and I think iīve seen them differently explained in different threads
    It doesn't matter whether you uninstall each one manually, or use the script to remove them all. The key is that they are removed.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Thanks guys

Forgot one question:

8. Is it possible to make the outside lights of the phone warn you if you have a missed call or a message when the phone is in stby with the screen off?... My HTC Diamond did this and it was a cool feature
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Yup. There is a patch in Preware for it. Its under Screen Lock. Enable LED notifications. After the patch is applied, it will add the option to enable the notifications in Screen & Lock.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Great!

Thx