1.    #1  
    I just had my pre replaced and my new one has a strange issue. It seems that the keyboard backlight won't come on. The odd part is, if I reboot the pre, the keyboard backlight works for a while, then randomly after a few hours stops working. After a couple reboots, it works again, only to stop after a few hours. Anyone have any ideas?
    Do you have preware? If so try brightness unlinked and see if that shines some light on this problem.

The keyboard turns off when the battery is low (10%?).. your battery is charged right?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Do you have preware? If so try brightness unlinked and see if that shines some light on this problem.

The keyboard turns off when the battery is low (10%?).. your battery is charged right?
    Thanks,

Already went that route...tried brightness unlinked. It only helps when the light is working anyways. This also happens no matter where the battery level is, including plugged in.
    You try a complete reset? Doctor it?
    If those don't work take it back and show them first hand.
    Dont need to dr it yet. Do you have touchstone? If so, I noticed on mine that when I slide the phone open to text, the keyboard light does not come one, but it i remove the Pre from the TS for a sec, and then place it back on, the keyboard light comes one for me.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
  6.    #6  
    No touchstone here.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    Dont need to dr it yet. Do you have touchstone? If so, I noticed on mine that when I slide the phone open to text, the keyboard light does not come one, but it i remove the Pre from the TS for a sec, and then place it back on, the keyboard light comes one for me.
    Mine does the same thing on the Touchstone. I've found if you tap the Time or Battery icon at the top it turns keyboard light on.
    This doesn't sound like a hardware issue. Something must have gone wrong in when it updated to the newer firmware. My best guess is to Doctor it. It will replace the whole phone's firmware/software.
    It could have somthing to do with the fact that the screen and the keyboard lights are connected. Could be the light sensors fault?
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    I had that problem also. I have the Minimum Brightness patch and if I turn it all the way down the keyboard wont light up... A notch or two brighter fixed it for me.
  10.    #10  
    Well I have recently doctored to 1.3.5 and now it seems worse. The light turns off more often or sooner. Thus sucks...time for a new phone I think.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liight View Post
    I had that problem also. I have the Minimum Brightness patch and if I turn it all the way down the keyboard wont light up... A notch or two brighter fixed it for me.
    Thanks for the heads up about adjusting the minimum brightness. It worked for me.