1.    #1  
    Okay, so I'm synced with Google.

I imported my contacts from my old Treo 755p and it brought over the birthdays. However, the Google Sync did not sync the birthdays to my Google Contacts.

Also, why don't the birthdays show up in the calendar? What good is it to have the birthday if it's not going to populate in your calendar, lol.
    Last edited by thatguy7; 12/18/2009 at 07:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
    Okay, so I'm synced with Google.

I imported my contacts from my old Treo 755p and it brought over the birthdays. However, the Google Sync did not sync the birthdays to my Google Contacts.

Also, why don't the birthdays show up in the calendar? What good is it to have the birthday if it's not going to populate in your calendar, lol.
    This is one of the more frustrating aspects of synergy. It goes 90% of the way, but that 10% is still missing.
    There is a function within Google that publishes your Google Contact's birthdays as a seperate calendar. If you use that, and have your Pre display that calendar, they show up.

Within Google Calendar, go to Settings (top right of the screen). Select the Calendars heading, and then towards the bottom, find Browse Interesting Calendars. That will open a new screen. Select More, then the Contact's Birthdays and Events option.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    There is a function within Google that publishes your Google Contact's birthdays as a seperate calendar. If you use that, and have your Pre display that calendar, they show up.

Within Google Calendar, go to Settings (top right of the screen). Select the Calendars heading, and then towards the bottom, find Browse Interesting Calendars. That will open a new screen. Select More, then the Contact's Birthdays and Events option.
    This will only work for birthdays stored with google right? Info coming from facebook will stay separate?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post

That's fine and dandy, but Synergy doesn't sync the birthdays in my contact info with the Google Contacts...so I will have to go through and manually enter all birthday's. Not to mention it will not match what is on my phone for the contacts, ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    This will only work for birthdays stored with google right? Info coming from facebook will stay separate?
    There is a seperate function to do that. Facebook has function that will let you export the birthdays. You can then import them as a calendar into Google Calendars.