Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I had another thread I put talking about how picture mail incoming and outgoing just wont work but data works fine, come to realize through process of elimination, the palmdatabse.db3 is the reason...i web dr my phone and sent a picmail it worked fine, after restoring back up it wont work....anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    I had another thread I put talking about how picture mail incoming and outgoing just wont work but data works fine, come to realize through process of elimination, the palmdatabse.db3 is the reason...i web dr my phone and sent a picmail it worked fine, after restoring back up it wont work....anyone else?
    my pic mail works fine after sending PalmDatabase.db3 back to phone
    not for me that's twice, the original time and now again after I restored it....agh i hate this man I just want to keep my call log and texts n all.WHY is this SO difficult for Palm to include considering ALL their old phones could do this.......SERIOUSLY?
    Just a warning that although restoring the PalmDatabase.db3 file WILL restore your messages and call history, it is also responsible for other things going wrong with your phone. I lost the ability to do gmail push, I lost all of my avatars (which were replaced by white boxes), my GPS will sometimes refuse to turn on, etc.....
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fusoya View Post
    Just a warning that although restoring the PalmDatabase.db3 file WILL restore your messages and call history, it is also responsible for other things going wrong with your phone. I lost the ability to do gmail push, I lost all of my avatars (which were replaced by white boxes), my GPS will sometimes refuse to turn on, etc.....
    to fix the avatar problem, (if they're pulled from facebook) delete your facebook account from the phone, wait until it is completely erased (all contacts) then re-add it and it should fix it.
    how do you backup /var
    The way I did was to use the Internalz program, click and hold on the /var directory, and chose Copy, and copy it to the /media/internal folder, where you can move it to your PC via USB mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by strudel View Post
    Actually it is pretty easy. If you have used WebOS Quickinstall you are 90% of the way there. Here are the steps:

1. In WebOS QuickInstall, go to Tools->Receive File and get the following file: /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3. Put it on your desktop or someplace where you won't forget where it is.
    2. Get your new Pre.
    3. VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure new Pre is the same WebOS version as the old Pre. Update the Pre if needed to get to the correct version of WebOS.
    4. In WebOS QuickInstall go to Tools->Send file and send PalmDatabase.db3 to the following location: /var/luna/data/dbdata/
    5. Reset the Pre

You message history and call history should show up now. A full backup solution would be optimal but this works pretty well until then.
    Thank you SOO much!!!

This worked perfectly for me and it only took a matter of minutes to perform it!

This saved me such a horrible headache this morning!
    well, unless some one has some insight, I've lost my game progress on quake, NFS and Asphalt, due to getting a replacement. I saved all the info using internalz, but it wont let me put it back in on the new pre. Help?
    Any word on this backup solution? I need a new Pre (mic port) but I don't want to turn it in until I can backup my game saves, SMSs, call logs, patches, etc.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12