Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Ok so when I woke up this morning my Pre was about 55% charged (pluged in all night). anyway now about 3 hours later the battery continues to drain, slowly but about 1 1/2 hours ago I noticed that in the upper left of the screen it says "Phone Offline".

I checked the obvious "airplane mode" - not on
    I checked the phone toggle -it is on
    I have tried restarting - came back the same
    I Tried turning it off, taking the battery out, waiting a few min - still no
    I have it plugged into my computer it says charging but it is loosing charge
    I toggled the wifi on and that connects fine and I can access Preware, internet etc.

What Do I Do?!?!

Please Help! And Thanks in advance!
    Sounds like a patch MAY have messed some stuff up. I had some of the same type of issues. I ran EPR and reset the phone and it all came back ok. I then reinstalled all of my patches. If your not using patches it could be a hardware issue. As your battery isn't charging. I would bring it to sprint to be replaced if that's the case.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    oh well I have 29 patches installed but it was doing just fine and I haven't installed any patches lately (I mean 2-3 days).

To run ERP I need to uninstall my theme first right?
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    One thing you might try is to call up Sprint to get a refresh done, happened to one of my friends where he was not able to get a signal to the phone no matter what he did. They refreshed his phone and now it works.

I wouldn't rule out the patch theory as well, but it is another avenue to pursue.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DSPKweb View Post
    One thing you might try is to call up Sprint to get a refresh done, happened to one of my friends where he was not able to get a signal to the phone no matter what he did. They refreshed his phone and now it works.

I wouldn't rule out the patch theory as well, but it is another avenue to pursue.
    should i try that First?
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    calling palm support now
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    this girl doesn't seem to have a clue ggggrrrrrrr
    in phone settings - update network settings & PRL then reboot?
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    on hold!!! ... so I am uninstalling my theme, restarted - Still offline!

(in the mean time she came back and doesn't know what to do so has to transfer me to someone else)

getting ready to run EPR - installed and is now restarting... - Still OFFLINE!

(now she can't get through to anyone else so they are SUPPOSED to call me back!

meanwhile my battery is now drained down to 13% and I can't charge it!
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scott healey View Post
    in phone settings - update network settings & PRL then reboot?
    what are you refering to by "Phone Settings"?
    Quote Originally Posted by plcd22 View Post
    what are you refering to by "Phone Settings"?
    phone app -> preferences -> scroll to bottom

Update both PRL and Network Settings
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    thought so...

phone app - > preferences - > "You need a network connection to your wireless service provider to see phone preferences" is the message that i get
    Does you phone work? Internet connection or data? seems like your radio is off or b0rked? Did you install a patch that allows the toggle of your phone/radio/data? In phone preferences under the network settings is Data Roaming set to enabled and data usage on and voice network set to automatic?

These are steps i would try -

1. do an emergency patch repair and remove all themes and patches. reboot

2. install Jstop (webos task manager) and see what non native apps might be running in the background. uninstall any of those apps reboot and see if that resolves.

3. do manual backup and ensure you have any copy of photos/videos/files/contacts et cetera somewhere safe.

4. do a partial erase

5. do a full erase

6. webosdoctor sign on with new email account so not to restore old files from possible bad backup.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    ok did the first 3 steps of your post above... nothing worked! now I guess it is onto the DOCTOR

is there any point in doing the partial or full erase before the Doctor?
    only the baby steps process in hopes of narrowing down the problem. In effort to save time and your diminishing battery, it might be best just to skip to webosdoctoring. Although, your low and discharging battery may present a problem. The doctor i think requires a 15% charge on battery. Does the battery charge at all while plugged in? Do you have external charger?
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    nope and I tried to do a partial erase but now it is stuck at the blue screen with the spinning circle trying to load... been doing that now since about 4:15ish.

no it doesn't charge at all and no external charger
    This may not help much now that you are stuck at blue screen but this happen to me and after trying a reboot that did not solve the issue I switched the airplane mode on and then off and this cleared the problem.

I don't know Y
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak1969 View Post
    This may not help much now that you are stuck at blue screen but this happen to me and after trying a reboot that did not solve the issue I switched the airplane mode on and then off and this cleared the problem.

I don't know Y
    yeah tried that but didn't help either... I could switch to airplane mode and it would give me the airplane pic at the top but then wouldn't let me switch back out of it! but once I would do a restart then it would be ok (I mean back to no airplane pic)...

Looks like I am going to be making a visit to a Sprint Store ...

The blue screen just gave me a new message, "Your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved. Visit http:// www.palm.com for help."

WONDERFUL!!!
    Last edited by plcd22; 12/18/2009 at 10:10 PM.
    good luck.
    Sounds like you need a new phone... they have a 1 year warranty. Good Luck! i have had 4 replacements! and my latest one is not any better. i love the phone, but damn it hasnt lasted!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast