Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    well just did the doctor on it and getting the same message as my last post above said "Phone Error..."

Guess I need to pay a visit to the Sprint store tomorrow! this will be my 3rd Pre!
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Well went to Sprint Store today and after about 10 min of getting there and the Tech looking at it they were in the process of getting me a new one! after about 30 in the store I walked out with my 3rd Pre loading my Profile!

And Again I only have 3 of my 500+ contacts but this time I am not going to worry about it and I am going to just use Google (which is what I did since palm profile screwed up back in Nov, anyway).

All in all seems to be working pretty good but just had a question!

On my first Pre I had done all kinds of stuff so that I could get more apps... when I got my second about Nov 18ish the one that I got NEVER gave me the "delete an app to download more apps" and I think i had about 70 apps on it plus about 25 patches.

now the FIRST time I tried to download an app from the "app catalog" I got that terrible message "delete apps to make room". What Happened? Why did my last one work and now this one doesn't?

on my last Pre I didn't do anything (ie moving email or apps to diff drives) that I know of!

Any Ideas?
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    that is weird now I just downloaded about half a dozen apps from the catalog and it seems to be working fine go figure!

I don't know?!?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Im having the 'phone offline' issue with my pre now as well. I just got this as a replacement to my old one because of the USB crack on the side. I started to add a couple of apps. Preware,filecoaster. No major mods other then the boot screen and now,I have no phone. I have wifi but if I turn that off. No data at all.

Im at 50% batt and it does seem to be charging via the USB cable.

I've done resets and still no change.

This is going to be a joke if I have to doctor this phone already.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I am sure you have already tried the airplane mode toggle and such... Unfortunately for me though even the doctor didn't work and it got stuck on the boot up screen! Had to get a new phone... But now it is working the best it ever has (I am not using the palm profile at all though, just google)! Hope the doc will do it majic for you though!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Yeah,the Doc did the trick.
    I dont know what the issue was. There was a downloaded app already on the phone (weather channel)so I was thinking that someone already had this phone and so when I started adding the goodies to it. The phone had a panic attack or something. End result,phone being offline.

Infact. Setup on the phone was different then it was while in the store. I had more apps back on the phone unlike before and more contacts as well.

It sucks you had to put up with what you did tho.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casketman View Post
    Yeah,the Doc did the trick.
    I dont know what the issue was. There was a downloaded app already on the phone (weather channel)so I was thinking that someone already had this phone and so when I started adding the goodies to it. The phone had a panic attack or something. End result,phone being offline.

Infact. Setup on the phone was different then it was while in the store. I had more apps back on the phone unlike before and more contacts as well.

It sucks you had to put up with what you did tho.
    So glad it worked for you and you didn't have to go through what I did! but no worries... I am as happy (prob happier) with my Pre now than I ever was! Works great and especially since I got rid of the info in the Palm Profile (NO ISSUES).

kind of unfortunate that one of their Main selling points seemed to be the culprit for MOST of the problems that I have had!

Very Pleased Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12