1.    #1  
    Yesterday I installed a theme using Preware (HTC Hero theme to be exact). Everything went fine, luna restarted and there it was. I decided I did not like this theme and went back to preware to remove it, but it did not show up in the installed packages list. Further if I go back to the theme's page in preware it still says "Install" at the bottom. After this I took the phone to my pc and hooked it up to webosquickinstall. Theme showed up there, I clicked remove and it did its thing and then showed "default theme". Luna restarted and sure enough its still the HTC Hero theme. Is there any way to get rid of this without doing a reset?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Notes: I have tried to install other themes over it and it gives error message when this is attempted. I have checked 3 times on WOSQI and it says it is using the default theme. After several restarts of the phone it still shows up as HTC Hero theme, and it still says "Install" on the themes page in preware.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    webOs "repair utility" should fix ur problem. Make sure you check "override comp." however, all ur patches will also get removed (if you have any installed)
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the attempt at help. I gave up though. The pre is a colossal piece of crap. I smashed mine out of frustration and got a hero with android. It is about a hundred trillion times better than pre (they have apps that actually do stuff!) and a UI that doesn't give me "too many cards" every 15 seconds. Palm is failing big time with this phone...thanks again but I am unrealistically happy to be rid of that cheap piece of plastic.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    wow, I am running this scenario through my head. And the part that hurts the most for me, is that I paid over $500 US for the Pre, and I think I would have a very difficult time "smashing it out of frustration". Seems to me the economy isn't too awful bad, if people can go around smashing their $500 phones out of frustration just because they were too lazy and/or ignorant to do a restore. I would suggest saving your money on expensive phones, and check in to some kind of anger management course. That is an expensive temper you got there.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tophersky View Post
    wow, I am running this scenario through my head. And the part that hurts the most for me, is that I paid over $500 US for the Pre, and I think I would have a very difficult time "smashing it out of frustration".
    I'm sorry you're a moron...Good job paying $500 for a worthless phone. I paid $199 and got a $100 mail in rebate. Not my fault you got taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Tophersky View Post
    Seems to me the economy isn't too awful bad, if people can go around smashing their $500 phones out of frustration just because they were too lazy and/or ignorant to do a restore. I would suggest saving your money on expensive phones, and check in to some kind of anger management course. That is an expensive temper you got there.
    I'm neither lazy or ignorant. I did a webosdoctor restore...and the "amazing" pre lost every single one of my contacts, would not sync with google/facebook/yahoo. Took it to the repair center, they could do nothing with it. You are a moron if you pay full price for phones. I made a phone call to a friend and got my hero for free + activation. Sprint has this lovely service called upgrade...perhaps you should be less ignorant and wait before you pay $500 for a phone made with $1 worth of plastic.

Other than break the pre I had nothing else to do with it. It was a non functional phone...even if it was working I would never sell it on ebay since I do not sell items that I don't believe in. I could never justify charging someone for a total piece of s.h.!.t phone.