Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    A few months ago I dropped my phone. Everything works perfectly fine with the exception of the power button. It will no longer push down which isn't huge deal normally because you don't need to power it down that often but I'm going to vegas in janaury for ces and will be using my phone alot. Where I will be in trouble is if my battery completely runs out or I need to hard reboot it. Since my power button does not work I have no way to turn it back on. I know there are a bunch of keyboard shortcuts but are there any that will act as the power button and power the phone up?

I looked through the manual and online and was unable to find any way to do it so I figured Id ask here before taking it to the sprint store to see what they can do.

I also have a second battery I use for these kind of situations but I don't want to try to swap it because if there is no way I will effectively kill my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jagowar View Post
    A few months ago I dropped my phone. Everything works perfectly fine with the exception of the power button. It will no longer push down which isn't huge deal normally because you don't need to power it down that often but I'm going to vegas in janaury for ces and will be using my phone alot. Where I will be in trouble is if my battery completely runs out or I need to hard reboot it. Since my power button does not work I have no way to turn it back on. I know there are a bunch of keyboard shortcuts but are there any that will act as the power button and power the phone up?

I looked through the manual and online and was unable to find any way to do it so I figured Id ask here before taking it to the sprint store to see what they can do.

I also have a second battery I use for these kind of situations but I don't want to try to swap it because if there is no way I will effectively kill my phone.
    Well since the pre turns itself on when plugged in you could always just plug it in to change batteries