1.    #1  
    I'm aware that before updating with the new Web OS that will be released soon, we need to remove Themes and remove all Patches.

My question is, after doing so, and then after updating the device, is it okay to re-install Patches from Preware right away? Or, are we supposed to wait, first, for something else, such as an "all clear" or some indication that the Patches are safe to use with the new OS ??

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelp68 View Post
    I'm aware that before updating with the new Web OS that will be released soon, we need to remove Themes and remove all Patches.

My question is, after doing so, and then after updating the device, is it okay to re-install Patches from Preware right away? Or, are we supposed to wait, first, for something else, such as an "all clear" or some indication that the Patches are safe to use with the new OS ??

Thanks.
    we need to wait until the patches and themes are supporting the new update!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    we need to wait until the patches and themes are supporting the new update!
    That makes sense and is what I was thinking. Thank you.

Is there a way that we find that out?
    The past update came and went with patches already updated.

You can assume anyone with early access will be preping their patches and putting them up in the new preware section for the update, so you shouldn't have any problem just installing them as soon as you update.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelp68 View Post
    That makes sense and is what I was thinking. Thank you.

Is there a way that we find that out?
    Best thing to do is watch these forums. There should be info in the sticky threads at the top. Also, as far as I know, preware is pretty much good to go for 1.3.5. Worst thing that happens is you need to doctor your phone.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    It's safe to apply patches immediately after update as Preware is aware of the webOS version. However, make sure you update the feeds in Preware after a webOS update so that you aren't installing old patches. You can update the feeds from the application menu in Preware.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    even when patches have been updated they still sometimes clash with each other and have to be fixed . just a side note.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    some patches might work. some might brick your phone. let the brave ones try it first. patches will be updated quickly and re-released, if they werent included in the update.