Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Now I get a little irritated with my pre sometimes because some of the bugs and issues but I must say I love the customization aspect of the pre... Cant customize any other phone as much as the pre..











    Last edited by youngzayiles; 12/17/2009 at 12:55 PM.
  2. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #2  
    Customization is great in all but sweet jesus, that's an ugly theme :P

    Good on ya though for enjoying the phone an what the homebrew community has made possible. Give 'em a buck or two. Seriously. Their efforts have made this phone probably one of the easiest to tinker around with.
  3. vel7wil's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    #3  
    I personally have owned alot....and I mean alot of cells over the years....but the last two palms have been the most user freindly for me for both personal and professional use. The pre is best by far....and with the documents on the go being added in Jan (hopefully) it'll be my favorite until the Pre II
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Customization is great in all but sweet jesus, that's an ugly theme :P

    Good on ya though for enjoying the phone an what the homebrew community has made possible. Give 'em a buck or two. Seriously. Their efforts have made this phone probably one of the easiest to tinker around with.
    Already have given up some dinero... I mean I really appreciate it... And dont hate on my theme just because your probably a kobe fan JK..
  5. Degoluce's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by youngzayiles View Post
    Already have given up some dinero... I mean I really appreciate it... And dont hate on my theme just because your probably a kobe fan JK..
    Hahahaha (KB fan here)
  6. ldj
    ldj is offline
    ldj's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    #6  
    Yep, certainly room for improvement, but there's not another phone on the planet that I'd swap it for. WebOS is just pure quality. Love it (and the phone) to bits.....Every other phone UI looks really dated by comparison.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by youngzayiles View Post
    Now I get a little irritated with my pre sometimes because some of the bugs and issues but I must say I love the customization aspect of the pre... Cant customize any other phone as much as the pre..
    Lord knows patches and Preware make the Pre customizable, but don't you see any irony in saying no other phone is as customizable, and then "proving" that by cloning HTC's Sense UI?
  8. ryanpre's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #8  
    is there a thread where everyone can posts screenshots of their themes, maybe to help others get ideas for customization? I tried searching but I didnt come up with anything.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Lord knows patches and Preware make the Pre customizable, but don't you see any irony in saying no other phone is as customizable, and then "proving" that by cloning HTC's Sense UI?
    Thats just part of the theme, in which I didnt make by the way. And that actually helps my point because we can customize our phone and pull things from other UI's... Can Sense copy our ui.. I think not!! Also there are a million ways that can be done therfor proving my point further...
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by youngzayiles View Post
    Thats just part of the theme, in which I didnt make by the way. And that actually helps my point because we can customize our phone and pull things from other UI's... Can Sense copy our ui.. I think not!! Also there are a million ways that can be done therfor proving my point further...
    Too funny.

    Can Sense "copy" the WebOS UI? Yes. It's called blank slate. It's an option under the Scenes menu. Gives you four "quick launch" items of your choice at the bottom (you can add as many as you want), quick access to the phone and the app drawer, and a big (or small..or none. It's your choice) clock in the middle of the screen.

    This is doable out-of-the-box, BTW. Sense can look like anything you want it to. From the clutter of iPhone to the minimalism of WebOS. No hacks or patches necessary.
  11. qst4's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    #11  
    Is there a Melo Man theme!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Too funny.

    Can Sense "copy" the WebOS UI? Yes. It's called blank slate. It's an option under the Scenes menu. Gives you four "quick launch" items of your choice at the bottom (you can add as many as you want), quick access to the phone and the app drawer, and a big (or small..or none. It's your choice) clock in the middle of the screen.

    This is doable out-of-the-box, BTW. Sense can look like anything you want it to. From the clutter of iPhone to the minimalism of WebOS. No hacks or patches necessary.
    And we are able to do the same with more visual appeal IMO so whats your point?? Yes, sense as well as the whole android OS is customizable obviously, but its a very dull OS visually..

Posting Permissions