1.    #1  
    Here's what i have:

1. a modem without wireless function
    2. one PC with wireless

so i want my pre to connect with my pc to have internet connection, how?

don't tell me to buy a wireless modem.
    Quote Originally Posted by jiajiahairui View Post
    Here's what i have:

2. one PC with wireless

Purchase a WiFi router.
    What OS are you running on the PC? Basically you need to setup a vertual bridge between the NIC (attached to your modem) and the Wi-Fi adapter. Then setup an ad-hoc Wi-Fi connection on the PC and have the Pre connect to that. Google these to things, insterting your OS, and you will have your answers.

However....I would highly recommend spending the 30 Euros on a Wi-Fi router/modem. That would simplify things greatly.
    Here's what i have:

2. one PC with wireless

Your post has some ambiguity in it.

Are you asking how to tether your PC to the Pre so that the Pre provides Internet access for the PC? Or are you asking for the PC to provide a WiFi hotspot for the Pre so that the Pre can get to the Internet?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Your post has some ambiguity in it.

Are you asking how to tether your PC to the Pre so that the Pre provides Internet access for the PC? Or are you asking for the PC to provide a WiFi hotspot for the Pre so that the Pre can get to the Internet?
    sorry for that.

i would like use my pc as a wireless modem so Pre can connect to it and surf.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    What OS are you running on the PC? Basically you need to setup a vertual bridge between the NIC (attached to your modem) and the Wi-Fi adapter. Then setup an ad-hoc Wi-Fi connection on the PC and have the Pre connect to that. Google these to things, insterting your OS, and you will have your answers.

However....I would highly recommend spending the 30 Euros on a Wi-Fi router/modem. That would simplify things greatly.

thank you for your reply

i think i have done that. here's what i got.

now i could see from my pc that my pc was broadcasting signal, the method i used was from a tutorial in which taught you how to use e71 to surf through a pc. however, my pre don't see that signal
    e71?? What the heck is that? A Nokia phone? A type of pancake? The viscosity of the motor oil in your car?

It's possible that the Pre Wi-Fi radio will not connect unless the Wi-Fi network is in Infrastructure mode. You could call Palm on that one.

thank you for your reply

i think i have done that. here's what i got.

now i could see from my pc that my pc was broadcasting signal, the method i used was from a tutorial in which taught you how to use e71 to surf through a pc. however, my pre don't see that signal
    If you have a mac, just click on the wifi icon, and scroll down to the words "create network" :-)
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    e71?? What the heck is that? A Nokia phone? A type of pancake? The viscosity of the motor oil in your car?

It's possible that the Pre Wi-Fi radio will not connect unless the Wi-Fi network is in Infrastructure mode. You could call Palm on that one.
    the reason why i quoted nokia e71 was that it does have, i believe, the same wifi function. so the tutorial for e71 should also work for pre. however, as i said, also because i don't know whether pc-to-pc actually really meant that pc to pc instead of pc-to-pre. btw, i don't understand why "pancake, viscosity of the motor oil"
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    If you have a mac, just click on the wifi icon, and scroll down to the words "create network" :-)
    you buy me a mac and i will do that.