1.    #1  
    I know XM can technically work on the pre when using ORB, but what a pain in the rea. I REALLY wish I had the knowledge to make an XM app for the PRE!
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I 2nd that wish..bring xm to the Pre/Pixi.
    XM released a statement already saying there is no plans for one thus far. If/when demand is high enough they might. They are a struggling company like how Palm is so they are sticking with a sure thing like the iPhone and its millions and millions of customers.
    I'd rather have a Slacker Radio app, but, getting Opie and Anthony again would be boss.
    Wait, ORB works on the pre?
    yes when streamed in the 3gp format.
    Quote Originally Posted by Version_3 View Post
    I'd rather have a Slacker Radio app, but, getting Opie and Anthony again would be boss.
    O&A are the only reason i pay for it still and it would be awesome to not have to lug around my pre and my xmp3 just to hear them
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    What does XM Online use to run? I know it has some flash, but what does it use to play the stream?
    wouldn't that be nice. But I would settle for kinoma that way I listen like I did with my treo.
    Why not use all the streaming radio apps like Pandora
    Quote Originally Posted by deltatko1 View Post
    o&a are the only reason i pay for it still and it would be awesome to not have to lug around my pre and my xmp3 just to hear them
    frrruuuunnnnnkkkiiiiiissssss!!!!!!
    Concur.
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    Why not use all the streaming radio apps like Pandora

When's the last time you heard a morning show on Pandora? Thats why they want XM.
    Tried singing All I want for Christmas is XM on my Pre three times fast and ended up with All I want for Christmas is XM imonapee....
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    What does XM Online use to run? I know it has some flash, but what does it use to play the stream?
    XM uses .asx playlist files which contain mmsh links. Unfortunately this is a Windows Media format which is not supported in WebOS. It's very disappointing that Palm would skip supporting Windows Media, but it is what it is. The WebOS media player is based on linux gstreamer, for which a mmsh decoder exists, but is not supported and is apparently pretty buggy. I tried going down that path, but I just don't know enough about Linux.

You don't know how much it drives me nuts that I can't listen to XM on my Pre, and I wouldn't be caught dead with that stupid phone everyone else has.