1.    #1  
    anyone else getting texts saying that there credit card has been deactivated and to call to reactivate it. Im just wondering if im the only one or if it was from an application that i installed
    Not here, but my son is getting a load of calls for college applications on his ph. (he is 12yrs old) ***
    I got one on 12/14. The card # doesn't match anything I have. I figured if I get more I'll call Sprint and see whats up. Mine was from Khmzyw@sprnt.com,said to call 718-9289615. If you call Sprint they can block texts. Stinkin spammers.
  4.    #4  
    what apps do you have installed. im thinking its youmail or visual voice mail
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    I got one on 12/14. The card # doesn't match anything I have. I figured if I get more I'll call Sprint and see whats up. Mine was from Khmzyw@sprnt.com,said to call 718-9289615. If you call Sprint they can block texts. Stinkin spammers.
    You don't need to call them, you can block them yourself by logging on to Sprint's website, going to the Digital Lounge>Messaging>Block messages
    Quote Originally Posted by joetemp75 View Post
    anyone else getting texts saying that there credit card has been deactivated and to call to reactivate it. Im just wondering if im the only one or if it was from an application that i installed
    There was a thread about this just the other day. These spam texts seem to be poppin' up more and more often, not for me, but on my wifes phone. She has Sprint, but not a Pre.

I've got 3 identical texts over the past few months. I just ignore them, no bank would ever send you a text like that.
    A spammer got hold of your cell phone number. They don't know who you are and don't know your credit card information (but they're hoping you'll provide it or credentials for accessing it). They are phishing for information to try to steal from you.

Don't reply. Don't call any number they give you. Don't follow any links they might text to you. By doing any of that, you'll just be confirming to them that the number they are spamming is valid. You can have their number blocked (assuming it wasn't spoofed) by going to Sprint's website and using the online tools.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  9.    #9  
    cool I knew that it was bs I was just worried that it may be from one of the apps I've downloaded and I wanted others to be aware. Thanks for all the replys. This forum rocks