1.    #1  
    It's hard enough making it through a day.
    Hard enough taking off the cover.
    ..long boot time.

And to add pain to it all Palm has to add 4 actions just to turn the damn thing off...

So I have been using the orange+sym+r and right when it turns off I pull the battery before the reboot.

Working fine so far without problems.
    Is this not a good idea?
    why not just hold the power button?
    Doesn't it take longer to pull the battery? Why not just go through the steps? It really doesn't take that long but it is nonsense that Palm added this....
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    really? i just plug mine in and pop the battery door off, pull the battery, slide in the fresh one, put the cover back on and unplug it. haven't had a problem yet
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    It's hard enough making it through a day.
    Hard enough taking off the cover.
    ..long boot time.

And to add pain to it all Palm has to add 4 actions just to turn the damn thing off...

So I have been using the orange+sym+r and right when it turns off I pull the battery before the reboot.

Working fine so far without problems.
    Is this not a good idea?
    I feel ur pain, with the 10 step process that it takes to turn the Pre off....
    But I doubt that what ur doing is a good idea. The phone may still be in the middle of processing something at the moment you take the battery out, and that may confuse it.
    It can't be good. Nope. Not good.
    why not just let the orange,sub,r key reboot phone .its simple enough right?.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Uhh, I would just hold power down and go through the 2-3 steps... which doesn't take long.
    I just wish they would make the boot time faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Uhh, I would just hold power down and go through the 2-3 steps... which doesn't take long.
    I just wish they would make the boot time faster.
    I'm with Kedar. The boot time is ridiculous on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Doesn't it take longer to pull the battery? Why not just go through the steps? It really doesn't take that long but it is nonsense that Palm added this....
    Yea.. It used to be much more simple before. I'm not really complaining about the few extra taps needed to turn off the phone, but the added steps seem kinda pointless...
    There's a homebrew app for restarting your phone that I find very useful: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...et-button.html. Just a couple of taps, and voila!
    I ♥ my Pre.
    could just hold the power button, and flip the switch on top back and forth 3 times..
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
    could just hold the power button, and flip the switch on top back and forth 3 times..
    This should work well for me when my screen goes black for no reason and I can't get it back on.
    I guess the time hasn't bothered me in a while, got used to it already.
    That's one of the only things I hate about the pre. You have to press like three times just to turn it off until it finally does
    and then when you want to turn it back on, it takes FOREVER and a day to power back up.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Now... the question is... why do you feel the need to turn the phone off daily??? I never turn it off... just an acassional restart...

I am just curious...
  16.    #16  
    for a while I didn't have my car charger. But also times I am away from a plug and need to switch batteries as fast as possible to avoid missing a call or text.
    We are supposed to turn our Pre's off? I think the only time I've turned it off was to change out a battery when I was on a trip and couldn't recharge the battery that was in it.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    You need to turn off your PRE regularly just like a computer. I have done this regularly and have had zero issues with freeze ups or glitches.