Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    ive followed everything to get this thing to work and i can not understand this mod for the my tether since im new to this root thing....

1) Copy /usr/lib/luna/java/TetherService.jar to your computer (WinSCP is the easiest way)
    2) Open TetherService.jar in a program like WinRar or 7zip
    3) Extract /net/aonic/tether/usb.sh
    4) Open usb.sh in a text editor
    5) Change the two references of "PmConnectionManager" to "PmNetConfigManager"
    6) Save and add the file back into TetherService.jar
    7) Replace on your device

plus i have windows 7 and to install the needed usbnet, when connecting the pre to the laptop... it doesnt bring up n e "new hardware" screen.

im lost and would love to do this. anyone care to help me out?
    I used these instructions, and worked perfect for me. I too was having issues with my tether and windows 7. I hope this helps.

My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router!
    i actually did this earlier ironically and i too have win 7. i have not had a chance to test mine, however i had already rooted my pre on my old xp, once the pre was plugged in it was telling me that the network adapter was not working, so i used the windows xp way of installing it and it now comes up that the network adapter is there when my pre is plugged in, i will update later with if it worked for me... im pretty sure it will...

just search mytether and then read the forum on his instructions go to the WIKI and pretty much your set from there....
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    It works. Got to mytether.net read about how to install the free version. I used the linux command line in WebOS Quickinstall to root. Then you have to install drivers on Windows. There is a wiki on how to do it. I tether almost daily...Oh, and yes I'm using Win 7
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    like i said im new to the rooting of the pre and i used my wifes vista pc and it roots fine... i cant even get it to root on my windows 7... so anyways... is this a root command or go to the pre and find the rar file when it says this mod?

1) Copy /usr/lib/luna/java/TetherService.jar to your computer (WinSCP is the easiest way)
    2) Open TetherService.jar in a program like WinRar or 7zip
    3) Extract /net/aonic/tether/usb.sh
    4) Open usb.sh in a text editor
    5) Change the two references of "PmConnectionManager" to "PmNetConfigManager"
    6) Save and add the file back into TetherService.jar
    7) Replace on your device

where is the 1st line on the pre... btw i have no clue how to use WinSCP.

man this is rough for me for some reason usually im good at figuring stuff out.... *** am i doing wrong!!! i cant even get the usbNET to istall or *** ever its suposed to do!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    i save that file usbnet-pre.inf to my laptop... i plug the pre in and.... NADA! no new hardware screen.... im so lost
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeb0922 View Post
    i save that file usbnet-pre.inf to my laptop... i plug the pre in and.... NADA! no new hardware screen.... im so lost
    theres more to it than what your doing. you need to read the wiki..im tethering right now so it worked for me on my WIN7 so go to the wiki your gonna get the windows vista driver its what i used the go to the gumstix walk through and follow it, its for xp but its the same thing youll just have to go through the win7 options and menus... dude it will work,,, do research and youll be good =)
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    my problem is i have novacom driver on here. when i plug my pre in... it doesnt bring up a NEW HARDWARE screen so i can not go thru the motions to even install the muthaf*&^%()& .inf file!!!!! screw wifi! i cant even get close to USBing this friggin crap! how do i get the NEW HARDWARE screen to come online! thats my problem.... its stuck!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    found this post... followed it and thought i had it! then NOPE it tells me that neither one of the .inf files are compatible with the windows 64 system.... SGEHEHBEBEHRENEQN! heres what got me to that point at least

I recently upgraded to windows 7 and found I had to reinstall the drivers to enable my tether. Unfortunately I couldn't find any comprehensive guides dealing with windows 7, so I figure I'd post how I got it up and running.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a guide for installing My Tether on windows 7. Make sure your Pre has USB Tethering enabled.

1. Connect your pre to your computer via USB cable. Go to "Start Menu", "Control Panel", select "Hardware and Sound", followed by "Device and Printers"

2. Right click on "Pre", select "properties". On the upper tab select "Hardware", followed by "Properties", "Change Settings", "update driver".

3. Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer." Then select "Have Disk." Select "Browse" and then find the location for "usbnet-pre.inf"

4. At this point I restarted my PC and set up the internet connection under Network and Sharing center. Worked like a charm.

You can download the driver "usbnet-pre.inf" from this site USBnet networking setup - WebOS Internals

Note: At multiple points during this process windows will notify you of security risks of unauthorized drivers. Just click continue anyway.

n e more suggestions?
    found this post... followed it and thought i had it! then NOPE it tells me that neither one of the .inf files are compatible with the windows 64 system.... SGEHEHBEBEHRENEQN! heres what got me to that point at least

I recently upgraded to windows 7 and found I had to reinstall the drivers to enable my tether. Unfortunately I couldn't find any comprehensive guides dealing with windows 7, so I figure I'd post how I got it up and running.

This is a guide for installing My Tether on windows 7. Make sure your Pre has USB Tethering enabled.

1. Connect your pre to your computer via USB cable. Go to "Start Menu", "Control Panel", select "Hardware and Sound", followed by "Device and Printers"

2. Right click on "Pre", select "properties". On the upper tab select "Hardware", followed by "Properties", "Change Settings", "update driver".

3. Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer." Then select "Have Disk." Select "Browse" and then find the location for "usbnet-pre.inf"

4. At this point I restarted my PC and set up the internet connection under Network and Sharing center. Worked like a charm.

You can download the driver "usbnet-pre.inf" from this site USBnet networking setup - WebOS Internals

Note: At multiple points during this process windows will notify you of security risks of unauthorized drivers. Just click continue anyway.

n e more suggestions?

yup now when you see the drivers you need to select browse and go through the companys select the microsoft corporation, not microsoft, theyre two different things, you then select the RNDIS network sharing device... then youll be good, you may need to do it again now and again, i keep having to, its kind of a little job to get tethered but its worth it =)
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    ok... its install! WOOT! LOL! now my next problem... i cant get it to connect. i did the what the wiki said to do to the connection but its still cut. anyone else? thanks for all the help thus far guys... you have no clue! lol!
    ok... its install! WOOT! LOL! now my next problem... i cant get it to connect. i did the what the wiki said to do to the connection but its still cut. anyone else? thanks for all the help thus far guys... you have no clue! lol!
    u need to activate both usb tethering and i also enable wifi tethering. now reset your phone and unplug it from the pc, let the phone boot ya know go watch a movie or something lol and now once its booted go to the mytether app and enable both of them again. now plug it in and give it a sec, go into network connections and see if the new connection came up, if yes then use it and your good =)
    find your usbnet drive in your connections menu, right click it and diable it. then right click it again and enable it. should work. make sure the wifi on you computer is off. if this doesn't work then, make sure you have service pack 3 and redownload usbnets.

n e more suggestions?

Any secret on loading the driver. I have it saved in a folder on desktop, but when i browse and point to that folder it advised there is no driver in that folder.

Any advice?

Thanks
    I am having the same problem rpaludi.