1.    #1  
    Following these instructions I was able to backup the Palm profile app to my computer, prior to running WebOS Doctor for a fresh start (everything was restored just fine, including linked contacts, pics and mp3s synched via iTunes).

However, my SMS messages are all gone. It's not a huge issue, but if it's possible, I'd like them back.

As per the instructions linked above, you're supposed to follow the same steps as if you were saving (or extracting) the Palm profile database, using WebOS Quick Install -the only difference is that you now select "Send a file" instead of "Receive a file".

When doing this, I get the error message below. Any ideas as to what am I doing wrong?

show me exactly what your trying to send write it out for me please?! because what i see in your post is not correct i believe
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the prompt reply! Here's the destination folder, as per the instructions:
    /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3

And here's the file's location on the local computer:
    C:\Users\$user\Downloads\Pre Stuff\_Backup\PalmDatabase.db3
    ok take and reboot phone and computer and try reinstalling novacom and then try again . and remember the file your sending has to be the same exact name to send to that location. you are using the webos QI send function right?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  5.    #5  
    Hmmm, I'll try that again but I'm 100% sure (just re-checked prior to the post) that the location and names are correct and that I'm using the "Tools->Send File" command.

dev mode is on too in just charge ? im just checking the normals stuff. kind of brainstorming
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Check the comments for the article you referenced.

You want to send the file to /var/luna/data/dbdata/, without the "trailing" PalmDatabase.db3...
    thanks man i did not know this, its good info for sure !!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I'm pretty sure that SMS messages are not stored in the PalmDatabase.db3

They are stored elsewhere
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    so....... did you get it fixed ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    As per the instructions linked above, you're supposed to follow the same steps as if you were saving (or extracting) the Palm profile database, using WebOS Quick Install -the only difference is that you now select "Send a file" instead of "Receive a file".
    Yeah, that screen shot of what to put for the "Destination Folder" is wrong. That's not a "folder" ... the folder part is just "/var/luna/data/dbdata". You'll notice in the error message that the file name PalmDatabase.db3 is repeated twice.
    thank u
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Oh my gosh I thought I was f***ed...YES, THANK YOU.. I was just having the same problem.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that SMS messages are not stored in the PalmDatabase.db3

They are stored elsewhere
    I'm really screwed, I think. My screen broke, and I sent it to this repair company b/c I really, really needed to get the SMS and MMS messages off of it. So they replaced the screen but the friggin thing was FREAKING OUT when I turned it on after I got it back in the mail. Screen not responding, and the symbols dialog box flashing on and off constantly.

So a tech told me to run WEBOS Doctor as that would restore the functionality to the screen, which it did, but now reading on here it sounds like maybe the WebOS doctor ERASED THE DAMN FILES THAT HELD THE SMS and MMS messages?? Is that right? Or is there some way to retrieve them still??

I haven't re-run the palm profile stuff and all of that yet, hoping that the DB3 file or whatever file it is that holds the messages is still intact.

Help??!?!?