Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    After reading other posts, I was curious on how it would look with a different color LED. Does anyone know where I could find detailed instructions on Pre disassembly for this purpose?

TIA -AJ
    No disassemble Palm Pre!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    lol hahaha
    Yeah, most parts of the Pre are glued together. I suppose you could take it apart, but then you'd just have a pile of parts and what good would that be?

I think they make paint for light bulbs. Just get some of that and dab in on there and you're good to go. Should be easy to remove too!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Check out the Google hits for "cracking open palm pre"

Both TechRepublic and CNET have slides... just don't know if they were able to reassemble or not.
    Two major guides:
    Palm Pre Teardown - iFixit
    Rapid Repair - Palm Pre Repair Guide by RapidRepair

Though, these might not be entire accurate. Palm has been making minor tweaks to the Pre since its introduction (my October-build Pre has a few differences in the plastic case to gain access to a few more screws). You'll probably be treading into shark-laden waters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Just make sure you take your time and keep track of every piece and how it fits. Taking pictures as you go should help with reassembly.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    ^ IF I do decide to try it, i will definitely keep track of everything! I have taken apart laptops multiple times before, and ever since the FIRST time doing it and not keeping track of all the piece/parts/screws! needless to say, I had a hard time getting that one back together as easy as it came apart! lol

*Brian, thanks for the links! I'll check tham out!