1.    #1  
    I get an error message saying "Sorry, too many Cards" and says remove some. But I haven't added any?? And it won't let me open any apps or email. And I don't know how to delete apps,

Any help is appreciated.
    best thing you can do is reboot the phone. i've had this issue before when surfing the web. to reboot just hold the power button down for 8-10 seconds then it will say power then it will say restart. temp fix

i did a search for this not too long ago i didn't see any long term fix for this issue
    All you need to do is reboot your phone and it should clear that up. if rebooting doesn't fix your issue, you may have some other weird problem.

basically what that error means is that the ram is filled up and can't open anymore things. sometimes the ram does not get cleared up and evidently the webos doesn't have a housecleaning procedure to clean up ram when programs crash/close wierd and do not clean themselves out of ram.
    Quote Originally Posted by victorkruger View Post
    All you need to do is reboot your phone and it should clear that up. if rebooting doesn't fix your issue, you may have some other weird problem.

basically what that error means is that the ram is filled up and can't open anymore things. sometimes the ram does not get cleared up and evidently the webos doesn't have a housecleaning procedure to clean up ram when programs crash/close wierd and do not clean themselves out of ram.
    that's a really good explination thanks
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    to get ride of this Problem without restarting your Pre here is the solution:

1. From this Post http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...mory-leak.html
    Download and install the patch called: CleanupEventListeners.patch

2. From this Post http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ow-memory.html
    Download and install the patch called: AllowBrowserInLowMemory.patch

3. Also there is an application called: JSTop
    You can install it from Preware, its very helpful application that can monitoring WebOS application memory and cpu usage, you can kill any background process by a simple click and see how many free/used memory you have.

Personally after i installed the 2 Patches above i never got "Too Many Cards" EVER!
    I get this message everyday now with a stock pre. Absolutely ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    3. Also there is an application called: JSTop
    You can install it from Preware, its very helpful application that can monitoring WebOS application memory and cpu usage...
    Can someone please inform me on how JSTop is showing what it is you say it shows? JSTop does not match what is shown in the Linux "top" command run from within the Terminal application, the PIDs don't match, the memory usage doesn't match, etc.
    The 'Too Many Cards' error is mainly a 1.3.1 issue. I've had that error, and unexpected reboots, more often with 1.3.1 than at any other time. I have no tweaks, patches or homebrew.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 12/16/2009 at 04:12 PM.
    I'm getting it every day now and I just opened the box 5 days ago. No patches, have bought a couple of apps. I only had 2 cards open when I got the "Sorry.." message
    I only get this error when I'm looking at pr0n.
    I also get this error about every other day now, especially after running some apps that use a good chunk of ram (browser, music remix, etc etc) and i've also noticed just a general slowing down of the software when it comes to reacting to my gestures or just loading different screens.
    close the browser
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    close the browser
    Closing the browser doesn't work. You still get the error. I was getting the error when I would only have 2 chat cards & an email card open and then try to open the browser. After installing the 2 patches that amjz posted above, I haven't had a problem and its been 5 days now.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Also you can isntall a PATCH called: "Lower Swap Threshold" from Preware.
    this patch giving apps an extra 32mb of ram or roughly 2-3 apps more.
    Try clearing your cache and history and doing a soft reset. I started doing this daily about 2 to 3 months ago after getting "too many cards" and have not had the problem since.

To clear cache/history open web browser,tap web icon>Preferences>Clear History>Clear Cache. To do a soft reset hold the Orange,Sym,R keys at the same time on key pad.

To delete Apps open the launcher window and tap Launcher.select List Apps... scroll to find the app you want to delete flick it to the side and you will see Delete/Done.

Hope this helps.