1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to create 64 bit drivers for the Palm Pre to specifically access the Qualcomm chip? (See the link in this post for where those 32 bit drivers are located) I have tried to look into it a little but don't really know exactly where to start. I need these drivers to access the Qualcomm chip and be able to make deeper modifications to my phone. I have a 32 bit computer that I could use but I don't use it on a daily basis.

Here is the thread where they were updated to work with 32 bit computers and the Pre. http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1998613

I understand that it is probably extremely difficult to modify these drivers to work with 64 bit computers but I figured this could be a start. I also figured that there's got to be someone out there that knows how to do this. beezlewaxin cannot be the only person that knows how to create these, can he?

Anyway, help or knowledge is appreciated and I am sure that the great minds of these forums can find a solution.
    Last edited by bpdamas; 12/16/2009 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Further Clarification
    What can't you do with the Pre on a 64-bit OS? It works fine on my Win 7 64-bit.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker412 View Post
    What can't you do with the Pre on a 64-bit OS? It works fine on my Win 7 64-bit.
    Sorry. I probably should have clarified things a bit more. I would like to dive into the deeper functionality of the phone by accessing the Qualcomm chip. You need special drivers to be able to do so. Specifically I would like to perform the following function http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ed-cached.html
    You just need the novacom 64 bit drivers. Just do a search on the forms for novacom 64 bit
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    You just need the novacom 64 bit drivers. Just do a search on the forms for novacom 64 bit
    No. Okay. I don't think people are understanding what I am asking. I am specifically looking for 64 bit drivers made for the Pre to give you access to qualcomm chip. This is completely different than what you are suggesting.

Again. I have no problems whatsoever connecting to my 64 bit computer, installing patches, homebrew, etc. I am looking for drivers to access the Qualcomm chip to be able to make the following modification: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ed-cached.html
    Yea, I too would be interested in 64bit qualcomm drivers. Currently I'm borrowing a friend's 32-bit computer every time I need to run QPST, lol.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Did anybody contact qualcomm to find out? I am sure with windows 7 out these types of things should be more prevalent.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Yea, I too would be interested in 64bit qualcomm drivers. Currently I'm borrowing a friend's 32-bit computer every time I need to run QPST, lol.
    Cripes. If you don't know how to do it then you know it's gotta be hard.

I think that 64 bit production is falling behind the rest of the technology. I can't believe it has been out for as long as it has and development has yet to catch up. If I had to make up a theory, it definitely is not following Moore's law. (and yes I know Moore's law deals with capacitors but it can be applied to other items too)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Just a thought, could you run a virtual machine with a 32-bit OS install inside of it to get around that problem? (Sorry, I've never dealt with a VM personally but there's sales folks at work who use them all the time to run the server portion of client-server product demos on their laptops and make them sound like they're no big deal...)
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ktessner View Post
    Just a thought, could you run a virtual machine with a 32-bit OS install inside of it to get around that problem? (Sorry, I've never dealt with a VM personally but there's sales folks at work who use them all the time to run the server portion of client-server product demos on their laptops and make them sound like they're no big deal...)
    I thought about trying that since I do have a 32 bit virtual machine running on my computer but I don't know exactly where to start to make the 32 bit computer recognize the Pre is plugged in. I'm all ears if you have any suggestions.