1.    #1  
    I have two problems with text messaginig on the Pre. I'm using webOS 1.3.1

1) 5 second text alert ringtones. The ringtone stops after roughly 5 seconds. Not too bad, just gotta find a cool text message alert that can sound good with only 5 seconds of time.

2) The text alert ringtone stops ONLY after 5 seconds. That means... The ringer keeps going even after touching on the new text message. Hell, most of the time I am done reading the new text message before the 5 second text alert is even finished ringing.
    volume button always has stopped the sound on every phone Ive ever owned. i think it a pretty standard since the 90's. works on the pre too. I'm just wondering why you don't know this?
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    volume button always has stopped the sound on every phone Ive ever owned. i think it a pretty standard since the 90's. works on the pre too. I'm just wondering why you don't know this?
    this does not work with the pre, why don't YOU know this?

Sadly i have found nooo way to shut the sound of .. i just stick with super short ringtones for the messaging/notifications.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    The volume rocker does stop the sound when you have a phone call.. but not when you have a text message.

Quote Originally Posted by Saundra23 View Post
    Sadly i have found nooo way to shut the sound of .. i just stick with super short ringtones for the messaging/notifications.
    I suppose that's what I'll have to do for now
    Most things that have been standard since the 90's are NOT on the Pre. THAT, most ppl DO know.