Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm gonna assume that he is referring to those who blindly install patch after patch, not taking into consideration any consequences or repercussions which may be involved, and later flame/blame for the conditions of their phone which resulted thereafter.
    a little update on the condition of my Pre after installing this patch:

I restarted last night after my previous post and after a little bit of use rechecked the time in state and found that it was now humming along in the 600 range. I guess the restart kicked it in? (It did restart after initial intall, BTW).

In regard to speed; this is the phone that we need to take and show off to people. If all Pres fresh from the box ran like mine is ATM, a lot of people would convert regardless of the hardware. This is definitely the phone that Palm wanted to put out. The GUI is much smoother, and the lag when launching is almost non-existent. I am not kidding when I say that I blinked and almost missed the browser launch one time. And all of this is with 8 cards open. I rarely have more than that going at once, as I'm not someone that cares too much for using a million different apps. The initial stutter that I had reported with the video player seems to have gone away for a while, as I watched each video I have on here at least once (they are mostly from Precorder) and had no issues at all.

Also, Google Maps renders so fast now, it's like a whole new app. I was out with a friend Tuesday night and he was looking for something on a map and actually just got frustrated and gave up because of how long it took to render when he scrolled. Now, it's just there. I couldn't be happier, because I love maps. I will just sit and scroll around checking out things in satellite view or even just exploring the way around cities I've been to (or haven't) while in map view. It's kind of geeky, but I'm just into maps. Perhaps I should have been a cartographer.

To wrap things up here, I can definitely see why people who had this patch work for them were mad about it being hidden away in "Obsolete". This really is a phone now that (with less oreo effect) could compete more on the level with the likes of the iPhone. I want to take it around to everyone that told me how they heard Pres suck and show them the way I can now, um..."device" circles around their device.

Although, for as much as I want to show off to everyone how much faster and more fun to use this thing is now, I kind of want to take the patch off. This is simply because I would like to keep the Pre. I still liked it well enough with a little lag here and there, and I can't afford another one.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    a little update on the condition of my Pre after installing this patch:

I restarted last night after my previous post and after a little bit of use rechecked the time in state and found that it was now humming along in the 600 range. I guess the restart kicked it in? (It did restart after initial intall, BTW).

In regard to speed; this is the phone that we need to take and show off to people. If all Pres fresh from the box ran like mine is ATM, a lot of people would convert regardless of the hardware. This is definitely the phone that Palm wanted to put out. The GUI is much smoother, and the lag when launching is almost non-existent. I am not kidding when I say that I blinked and almost missed the browser launch one time. And all of this is with 8 cards open. I rarely have more than that going at once, as I'm not someone that cares too much for using a million different apps. The initial stutter that I had reported with the video player seems to have gone away for a while, as I watched each video I have on here at least once (they are mostly from Precorder) and had no issues at all.

Also, Google Maps renders so fast now, it's like a whole new app. I was out with a friend Tuesday night and he was looking for something on a map and actually just got frustrated and gave up because of how long it took to render when he scrolled. Now, it's just there. I couldn't be happier, because I love maps. I will just sit and scroll around checking out things in satellite view or even just exploring the way around cities I've been to (or haven't) while in map view. It's kind of geeky, but I'm just into maps. Perhaps I should have been a cartographer.

To wrap things up here, I can definitely see why people who had this patch work for them were mad about it being hidden away in "Obsolete". This really is a phone now that (with less oreo effect) could compete more on the level with the likes of the iPhone. I want to take it around to everyone that told me how they heard Pres suck and show them the way I can now, um..."device" circles around their device.

Although, for as much as I want to show off to everyone how much faster and more fun to use this thing is now, I kind of want to take the patch off. This is simply because I would like to keep the Pre. I still liked it well enough with a little lag here and there, and I can't afford another one.
    Yeah my phone is crazy fast with this. Thanks for the review.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Yeah my phone is crazy fast with this. Thanks for the review.
    yeah, i love it! i just hope i stay fortunate enough to have it not do anything bad...i have a feeling i'll just get scared in a week and take it off. then miss it and put it right back on the next day.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123