Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Apparently, I got the first official Palm Pre in Norway today . Actually, it is a german Pre configured for Norway by ePartner. I was the lucky first guy !

I will post my experiences here, for all upcoming Norwegian users.
    Are you sure this is right ?

Im certain I have seen at least one Norwegian guy in here with a pre...
    Hi,
    No its not quite right... :-) I got mine about two month ago ( a week after launch in Germany). Rooted it, used webosdoctor, the works. Took me three days to get 3G and all running.

There are at least two others who have the Pre in Norway.

Hei du, det er minst to andre nordmenn som har Palm Pre, se amobil.no sine diskusjonsssider. men tipper at jeg var først... hvis vi først skal ha morro med det.

Kind regards / vennlig hilsen
    Anders H
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudofilosofen View Post
    Hi,
    No its not quite right... :-) I got mine about two month ago ( a week after launch in Germany). Rooted it, used webosdoctor, the works. Took me three days to get 3G and all running.

There are at least two others who have the Pre in Norway.

Hei du, det er minst to andre nordmenn som har Palm Pre, se amobil.no sine diskusjonsssider. men tipper at jeg var først... hvis vi først skal ha morro med det.

Kind regards / vennlig hilsen
    Anders H
    Oh no, i was first! Haha, what does it matter anyway.. I got mine at the same time actually, so did huuligan on this forum. We are both the ones from diskusjon.no forum.

But anyway, good to hear that there are more norwegians with Pre

What carriers do you use and what is not working or working? Would be interesting to gather the information from all of the carriers in Norway.
    No I was the first one!
    I am using my Pre on Telenor, and have both 3G, Edge, GSM, Voice, Txt, and MMS:

- First by rooting, with webOS 113, and using webosmetadoctor to bypass activating via 3G and doing via Wifi, and then manipulating the carriersettingdatabase, inputting "telenor" where it lacked.
    - Second when updating to webos 131, and then using Palms webosdoctor and resetting the phone to factory default 131, and so asked to input /activate account, and then simply just inputing "telenor" as carrier, and no password, no username - and everything works.

Anders

PS. By the way, I can see I registered in this forum over a year before both you to "first guys" :-) :-) :-)
    Ds.
    Last edited by pseudofilosofen; 12/18/2009 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Plugging some humor here
    Good to see some other scandinavians getting the pre - I'm from Denmark and also got a german O2 pre
    I really cannot believe why the scandinavian carriers have not shown any interest in the pre.. it's million times better than approx 80% of the smart phones they sell..
  8.    #8  
    Well, my experiences with Pre (in Norway) are so far ;
    - really enjoy the user interactions
    - not happy about the limited number of apps available in Norway through App Catalog ( 70 something )
    - installed a couple of Homebrews, including TimeTracker
    - installed Chapura's PocketMirror to sync memo's from Outlook, but also liked Chapura's Task app better than the standard Pre
    - have ordered Touchstone
    - would have liked better battery life ( less than 1 day average )
    - surprisingly not able to connect to car handsfree set from Sony Ericsson over bluetooth (not discoverable by my Pre) ???

What are your comments to this ?
    - User interface: YES!
    - App limits: Can see all apps inn app store, but can only download the ones that are free :-(
    - Using quite a lot of homebrew applications. :-)
    - Used and bought Companion Links USB sync. But tried out Chapuras version, which is much better, especially now when it syncs both notes and tasks - the task part is better than Companion links - and much better than palms own!
    - Have two TS, ordered two more on ebay, since I am using one of them in my car, and another one on the bed stand, and want one in my homeoffice and one in standard office too.
    - Handsfree, using Plantronics Voyager 855. Works good.

PALM needs to understand that the PIM-apps is their bread and butter - and therefore should be best in class - now they are not that at all.

Anders H.
    Last edited by pseudofilosofen; 12/30/2009 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Syntax errors
  10.    #10  
    Hey Palm Pre users in Norway, I have created a Palm Pre blog for Norwegian users on : Palm Pre Norge
    Nice! Going there! :-)
    They never fully understod the importance of PIM as far as the calendar goes. I for one, quickly resorted to DateBook(?) and never looked back. Much of what they supplied in PalmOS was unessesary limited - but at least the OS allowed for expansion and changes ...
    Hola. Had mine since sometime last year. German version. Have no problems with activation or data connexion. App catalogue displays all apps. Which billing countries can you choose after 1.4.1? I can only pick US, canada, mexico.
    Hi,
    It's the same here. I have a german O2 Pre. Only Canada, Mexico and Us in the billing country list... So... What shoulf we then do?

Perhaps we could order a credit card via my jetpack address in US and use that?

Or??
    Quote Originally Posted by janik_dk View Post
    Good to see some other scandinavians getting the pre - I'm from Denmark and also got a german O2 pre
    I really cannot believe why the scandinavian carriers have not shown any interest in the pre.. it's million times better than approx 80% of the smart phones they sell..
    You're quite right ! +1 / Du har helt ret ! +1
    WebOS still makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by TorsteinKongshem View Post
    Apparently, I got the first official Palm Pre in Norway today . Actually, it is a german Pre configured for Norway by ePartner. I was the lucky first guy !

I will post my experiences here, for all upcoming Norwegian users.
    Cool...people from Norway!!! Half my family is Norwegian and I'd love to visit if I ever hit Europe. Where are you located? Wasn't lucky enough to learn the language, but thankfully everyone speaks english. Either way, thanks for the post!

Sorli...
    You would find that many of us speak excellent English, and you would not at all have any trouble getting about with only English as long as you keep apart from the senior generation (granny-level).

{I never liked playing with cards — until webOS made it useful}
    First post at this forum.

I just got my Pre too.
    And I suddenly feel cheated on my money !
    Why can't you install paid for apps !?!?

I bought this in the first place to be able to run my old PalmOS apps and the new ones. Now I got a very expensive phone with only basic PIM functionality on a basic phone......

What possible reason could Palm have to limit the number of users who actually wants to pay for an app ?

I love the phone - but has Palm totally lost the grip ?
  19.    #19  
    I haven't been able to work out why we can't buy apps here in Norway. Still, with 425 free apps as we speak, I think most of us will come a long way to getting our needs fullfilled.

I have noticed that iPhone is coming around with version 4 of their OS, with a "simulated" multitasking feature that will require all apps to use the feature to be re-written.... How this platform is selling incredibly better than Palm, is really, really sad.

By the way, I noticed that ePartner here in Norway does not have Palm Pre in its product portfolio any more. Anyone know who ELSE is selling Palm Pre here ?

Also, I would like to know exactly HOW MANY of us using Palm Pre there are in Norway. Visit this site and register as a "follower" to count us up ! Palm Pre Norge
  20.    #20  
    Correction from ePartner : they are still taking orders for Palm Pre in Norway. Delivery is 1 week.

"Hei Torstein.
    Joda vi selger fortsatt denne. Jeg pleier å bestille den til de kundene som ønsker denne enheten. Ca. 1 uke levering" - Richard Halvorsen [mailto:Richard@epartner.no]
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast