Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Looks as though the HP pad using web OS is on its way. If so, and if it is sold in Norway, presumably that means that users of web OS (including Pre users?) will have to be allowed to buy apps. That's the optimistic view anyway . . . See

BBC News - CES 2011: Tablets do battle at Las Vegas gadget show
    Well, I've given up on Palm and abandoned ship.

Many reasons. The non-existent App-Store (and the absence of a plausible explaination for it)
    The appauling consumer support that makes it impossible to get support on multiple issues.
    Their treatment of both us holders of a license for 'Classic' and the developers of the same is outrages.

I'm now on iPhone 4 and iPad. It actually works contrary to Pre !..... ;-)
    I'm new to PreCentral and the forum, but have been a loyal Palm-user since i got my Palm m100 in 2001 (I think).
    I had the Treo 650, and was thrilled when I finally got my Pre in february 2010.
    Now, not so thrilled anymore.. have been waiting for an official webOS 2.1-update, but am starting to realize that it won't happen..
    Noen som har tips for hvordan gjøre en uoffisiell oppdatering..?
    Anyway, I also feel that I'm missing out on quite a few norwegian apps who are mostly developed for Iphone and Android (eks. nettbank etc), so now I'm leaning towards turning my back to a decade of loyalty, and switching to Iphone..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirsti View Post
    I'm new to PreCentral and the forum, but have been a loyal Palm-user since i got my Palm m100 in 2001 (I think).
    I had the Treo 650, and was thrilled when I finally got my Pre in february 2010.
    Now, not so thrilled anymore.. have been waiting for an official webOS 2.1-update, but am starting to realize that it won't happen..
    Noen som har tips for hvordan gjøre en uoffisiell oppdatering..?
    Anyway, I also feel that I'm missing out on quite a few norwegian apps who are mostly developed for Iphone and Android (eks. nettbank etc), so now I'm leaning towards turning my back to a decade of loyalty, and switching to Iphone..
    I'm a looong time user too with a history of many models from Palm. But you won't be nothing but glad you switched should you do so. Even when I decided to switched, I got more confirmation that the decision was correct and that Palm is lagging behind in such a simple fact that my extensive contact list couldn't be extracted in any format from my new for the Pre, Palmprofile. Hence I've had to manually punch in all data on the iPhone/Pad...... I'm still not near half ways. :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriq Backlund View Post
    I'm a looong time user too with a history of many models from Palm. But you won't be nothing but glad you switched should you do so. Even when I decided to switched, I got more confirmation that the decision was correct and that Palm is lagging behind in such a simple fact that my extensive contact list couldn't be extracted in any format from my new for the Pre, Palmprofile. Hence I've had to manually punch in all data on the iPhone/Pad...... I'm still not near half ways. :-(
    It is possible to export contacts from your Pre, but it's not straight forward. I've found two options in the PreCentral How To articles:
    How To: Export and move your contacts with a patch
    How To: Email, Calendar, and Contact Sync with Thunderbird
    I don't know how to import those contacts to other platforms, but I'm sure there is a way.

I don't think Norwegian users should complain about the lack of Norwegian apps as long long as there is no official distribution of webOS hardware to Norway. How many are we? 20 users perhaps? I agree that webOS is lagging behind the competitors, but I love the platform too much to change to a different one now that new hardware is on the horizon - and quite possibly a wider distribution now that HP have put their full force behind webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Navelfluff View Post
    It is possible to export contacts from your Pre, but it's not straight forward. I've found two options in the PreCentral How To articles:
    How To: Export and move your contacts with a patch
    How To: Email, Calendar, and Contact Sync with Thunderbird
    I don't know how to import those contacts to other platforms, but I'm sure there is a way.

I don't think Norwegian users should complain about the lack of Norwegian apps as long long as there is no official distribution of webOS hardware to Norway. How many are we? 20 users perhaps? I agree that webOS is lagging behind the competitors, but I love the platform too much to change to a different one now that new hardware is on the horizon - and quite possibly a wider distribution now that HP have put their full force behind webOS.
    Well, I was in contact with Palm Support for weeks, and they couldn't help me export my contacts. I don't think this patch you've linked to even existed at the moment when I switched to iPhone. But still, this in an unofficial solution. A product that can't even support such a simple task with it's own solution speaks for it's own. Also, I can't understand why you simply can't mark a contact and change for it to sync with say Outlook instead of Palm Profile...... ? Once Palm Profile, always Palm Profile......

Regarding Apps, why put up a limitation for where you can download an app at all ? You don't need an official distributor. It's distributed by the internet.... :-) I downloaded and installed apps on my Treo from all over the world without problems before I got my Pre. It seems more like a case of region restriction like with movies, than distribution.

Then to add to the damage the phone never ran stable. There was always issues with something.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123