Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TorsteinKongshem View Post
    I haven't been able to work out why we can't buy apps here in Norway. Still, with 425 free apps as we speak, I think most of us will come a long way to getting our needs fullfilled.

I have noticed that iPhone is coming around with version 4 of their OS, with a "simulated" multitasking feature that will require all apps to use the feature to be re-written.... How this platform is selling incredibly better than Palm, is really, really sad.

By the way, I noticed that ePartner here in Norway does not have Palm Pre in its product portfolio any more. Anyone know who ELSE is selling Palm Pre here ?

Also, I would like to know exactly HOW MANY of us using Palm Pre there are in Norway. Visit this site and register as a "follower" to count us up ! Palm Pre Norge

Well, most of the free apps are quite frankly useless to me. Most are curiousities. And, the useful free apps sooner or later turn into apps (paid for) in the app catalogue (I assume).
    Quite frankly, I can't understand why Palm has crippled so many countries. And volontarily !

Yes, I bought my Pre from ePartner after they removed it from their web-store.
    Hi guys, I'm also one of the first...around mid desember from ePartner. Have been a Palm users since....1997 or 98..? The first one was a UsRobotics or 3Com...dont remember :-)
    Check out my first Palm e-Pos from. about 2001. http://www.siva.no/test/dag.nsf/main...9?opendocument

Anyhow ; Only problem i've still got is lack of 3G. I'm using Network Norway.If i use Netcom SIM , 3G works fine..but NWN...nope. Os is 1.4.1.

Anyone downloaded any great apps ? One of my favourites is Flashlight :-) Also i downloaded pReader, wich (via a small converter) could read my Amazon Kindle books !! Great :-)
    Wow, just found this Norwegian subforum. I've had my Pre for a month now and loving it. I bought it from ePartner just when they stopped stocking them and use NetCom. You can find me at diskusjon.no as Lille B. My favourite app is DrPodder (homebrew) since I'm a podcast *****.

I've been actively using my Palm m515 since 2003 - I even wrote most of my masters degree on it with a foldable keyboard! I am phasing it out now, but I really miss productivity programs and bluetooth keyboard support for the Pre.
    Hihi, I was censored! It's not easy being a podkasthore in an American forum.

One question to you guys: I'd like to buy Touchstone, but the European Palm store doesn't deliver to Norway. I could order to someone abroad and have them send me it, but it's a bit cumbersome. I don't want to buy from eBay either. Do you know of any elegant way of importing Pre accessories to Norway?
    Well, I bought mine from e-bay. Can't see why you don't want to use it ? There are plenty of proffesional firms there as well.
    But - have you tried to shop here at PreCentral ?

I've concidered them, but I have left two unreplied e-mails regarding VAT and shipping cost. If I don't have them answered I guess I will turn my business elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbjornas View Post
    Hi guys, I'm also one of the first...around mid desember from ePartner. Have been a Palm users since....1997 or 98..? The first one was a UsRobotics or 3Com...dont remember :-)
    Check out my first Palm e-Pos from. about 2001. http://www.siva.no/test/dag.nsf/main...9?opendocument

Anyhow ; Only problem i've still got is lack of 3G. I'm using Network Norway.If i use Netcom SIM , 3G works fine..but NWN...nope. Os is 1.4.1.

Anyone downloaded any great apps ? One of my favourites is Flashlight :-) Also i downloaded pReader, wich (via a small converter) could read my Amazon Kindle books !! Great :-)
    What is Network Norway ? A network provider ?
    And it works if you roam the NetCom net ? (can you actually roam other nets when still in Norway ?)

Since you can use paid apps in Norway I've so far only installed a few. Key-Ring, Shopping Manager. And a few patches.
    I'm desperately wanting an patch that allows me to turn off alarms without having to punch the unlock code for the screen !
    :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriq Backlund View Post
    Well, I bought mine from e-bay. Can't see why you don't want to use it ? There are plenty of proffesional firms there as well.
    But - have you tried to shop here at PreCentral ?
    PreCentral only sell the American wall outlet. I want the European international travel set. I might reconsider eBay, but so far I haven't seen the Dual Location Charging Kit that I prefer.
    Last edited by Navelfluff; 04/16/2010 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Quote added.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbjornas View Post

How can you download Flashlight? I get the "not available in your country" message. I baught my Pre at Webbutikken.no, and is on Netcom
    I miss Paid Apps!!!
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Navelfluff View Post
    PreCentral only sell the American wall outlet. I want the European international travel set. I might reconsider eBay, but so far I haven't seen the Dual Location Charging Kit that I prefer.
    Precentral got what you need. Its a travel charger so its supplied with several exchangable plugs and one of them is off course a European plug.

http://store.precentral.net/palm-tra.../5A17A5629.htm

Just add a couple of Toucstones and you will be able to charge both at home and work.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Precentral got what you need. Its a travel charger so its supplied with several exchangable plugs and one of them is off course a European plug.

http://store.precentral.net/palm-tra.../5A17A5629.htm

Just add a couple of Toucstones and you will be able to charge both at home and work.
    Thanks! Depending on shipping and taxes it might be cheaper to buy from US than from UK. Interesting.
    Last edited by Navelfluff; 04/16/2010 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Typo in last sentence.
  11.    #31  
    I bought spare battery and Touchstone from PreCentral and got it shipped over. Really expensive with tax and all...

My favorite free app is FourSquare at the moment. Check it out...!
    Hi Patrick
    How do you get to buy apps in Norway? I can only get the appcatlogue to display options for using mexican, US or Canadian credit cards... so no paid apps for me... :-)

Anders
    Two Touchstones, a car charger and a Blackberry Remote Stereo Gateway arrived from PreCentral today. One of the Touchstones is for my car where the Pre primarily plays podcasts on the car stereo via A2DP Bluetooth. The cute little Blackberry-gadget is for the same use on the living room stereo. The accessories are quite expensive, but I simply love all these wireless and hassle-less technologies!
    Is it possible to get a palm pre (plus) or pixi plus for around 3000 Nok(500$), with tax and shipping inkluded? (An unlocked gsm phone, compatible with norwegian gsm network)
    I think I'm one of the First Nowegians to have this Phone actually - Was able to get a hold of it on July 7th a year ago

Det hjelper jo litt at jeg bor her I america sant? Nordmann som vokste opp I Canada, or er nesten ferdig med Mester's graden i US. Har ikke vaert tilbake I norge for 5 aar nu, men meg og konen (amerikansk) skal endelig besoeke neste sommer Surt at Norge ikke kom seg inn i verdens kuppen, meg jeg er stor Arsenal fan og holder nu med Holland I aar.

Hilsen,
    Andreas
    I'm in the US right now, and I bought a AT&T Palm Pre Plus that I unlocked using the NextGenServer.com. After I unlocked it, I can't use data over the phone network. I tried the AT&T APN settings and Telenor APN settings for smartphones, but it's not working. I use Talkmore, which uses Telenor network in Norway.

The phone also refuses to enter USB Drive mode, and I also can't erase the phone completely to reset it and start over.

Help?

Ole.
    Ok. Telenor-settings seem to work, but I had to force them. The phone reported that the settings were no good, but I chose to use them anyways. Now I have gotten Edge several times here in West Alex. Ohio.

Still no-go on the USB Drive and full erase.

Ole.
    Quote Originally Posted by olebl View Post
    I'm in the US right now, and I bought a AT&T Palm Pre Plus that I unlocked using the NextGenServer.com. After I unlocked it, I can't use data over the phone network. I tried the AT&T APN settings and Telenor APN settings for smartphones, but it's not working. I use Talkmore, which uses Telenor network in Norway.

The phone also refuses to enter USB Drive mode, and I also can't erase the phone completely to reset it and start over.

Help?

Ole.
    Quote Originally Posted by olebl View Post
    Ok. Telenor-settings seem to work, but I had to force them. The phone reported that the settings were no good, but I chose to use them anyways. Now I have gotten Edge several times here in West Alex. Ohio.

Still no-go on the USB Drive and full erase.

Ole.
    Try Webos Doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by Navelfluff View Post
    Two Touchstones, a car charger and a Blackberry Remote Stereo Gateway arrived from PreCentral today. One of the Touchstones is for my car where the Pre primarily plays podcasts on the car stereo via A2DP Bluetooth. The cute little Blackberry-gadget is for the same use on the living room stereo. The accessories are quite expensive, but I simply love all these wireless and hassle-less technologies!
    Weird that they don't answer questions about shipping etc then. I've e-mailed them several times.

Did you pay VAT twice ? USA + when it arrives Norway ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriq Backlund View Post
    Weird that they don't answer questions about shipping etc then. I've e-mailed them several times.

Did you pay VAT twice ? USA + when it arrives Norway ?
    Yes. UPS also takes a fee for handling the VAT, so this isn't cheap. I can't find the receipt to give you the details, but I think the UPS fee was NOK 150. I didn't even think of asking PreCentral store to subtract the US VAT, so I don't know if that's possible.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast