1.    #1  
    This is my 4th Pre, and all in all I have been pretty satisfied. It gets minimal usage, and stays on a touchstone quite often.

But now I am quite ****ed at this thing.

I traveled to new york recently, and actually used it a lot for email, txt, calls, google maps, Subway Map, Google, etc.

The thing was so darn slow!!!!!

Google Maps would take forever to load. And I prayed that I would not have to 'pan' around 'cause that would take forever too.
    Email notifications would come in, but when I went to my inbox, those new message would take forever to appear.
    Very sluggish on the scrolling the The Subway Map program (Which is just an app that displays a jpg)
    TooManyCards open error with 1 or 2 cards open.

WFT? Do I have a background process going haywire on here?

Is there a way to run a process manager to see what eating ram/cpu? (I can get to the shell fine). I only have a few patches and apps installed.

-Sam
    PreWare/JSTop!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

3.    #3  
    Perfect!

Things seem OK right now... What should I normally look for?

jstop_2009-15-12_162947.png
  4.    #4  
    Thanks - I found the Wiki.
    Yeah i live in NYC...all fine here...not sure what was going on with your Pre.
    if the pre starts to get all wonky a soft reset usually clears everything up.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    if the pre starts to get all wonky a soft reset usually clears everything up.
    I did soft resets daily on the Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammyc53 View Post
    Perfect!

Things seem OK right now... What should I normally look for?

jstop_2009-15-12_162947.png
    That seems high, I usually try to keep mine around 19.00
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    PreWare/JSTop!
    Yeah, but that ONLY shows java apps. If you really want a process manager install the Terminal app from Preware and then run "top". top is the Linux process manager app -- well not really manager, but it will show you what is running on your Pre.

Interestingly enough you will see that the LunaManager sucks up 90% of the memory on your Pre.
  10.    #10  
    Well it's seems my email client is always in the 3800 range. Seems high to me. I'm testing this on the emulator right now to see if this is normal out of the box.

I have about 500 stale email folders - I wonder if this is affecting it.

What numbers does everyone else see for their email client?

1 EAS Account
    500 Folders
    200 Emails in my Inbox