1.    #1  
    I really need a call blocking type of program for my Pre. For the past month, I've been constantly getting blocked phone calls at all hours of the day and night. Every time I answer, I get nothing but a hang up.

I had a call blocking program for my old Treo 755p, how come there aren't any for the Pre that I can find?

Thanks, Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    A search of "Call Block" got be the following:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ck-ignore.html

Will this not work?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    A search of "Call Block" got be the following:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ck-ignore.html

Will this not work?

Cool, thanks for this! I just wish it wasn't a patch, as I don't know how to install this. It's the same reason I haven't installed any home brewed tethering program, because I just can't figure it out. Thanks for the suggestion though!
    Casey
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    Cool, thanks for this! I just wish it wasn't a patch, as I don't know how to install this. It's the same reason I haven't installed any home brewed tethering program, because I just can't figure it out. Thanks for the suggestion though!
    Once you start patching, you'll never go back to a stock phone! It isn't that difficult, really. Step by step instructions for patching using WebOS Quick Install:
    • Download WebOS QI (current version is 2.96) Download here.
    • Find the patch you want to use and download it to a folder on your computer you will remember
    • Put your phone into developer mode. To do this, with no cards open, simply type "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" without the quotes into your phone.
    • That will bring up Developer Mode icon. Open it.
    • Slide to "On" and reset the device.
    • When your phone wakes back up, plug it into your computer and select "Just Charge"
    • Find where you downloaded WebOS QI on your computer and run it. You MUST be in developer mode (see above)
    • To install the patch, click on the + sign on the right side of the WebOS QI screen
    • Browse for and select the patch you downloaded.
    • Click install
    • You're done with the install. Your Pre should restart automatically.
    • It is a good idea to turn developer mode off when not installing things
    • Under the File>Options section, there is the ability to put Developer Mode on the Launcher so you don't have to keep typing the upupdowndown string.
    • While you have WebOS QI open, you should explore it's features. It really is a wonderful program. Specifically check out the Tools>Tweaks section

Hope that helps!

Good luck and happy patching.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ponyfool View Post
    Once you start patching, you'll never go back to a stock phone! It isn't that difficult, really. Step by step instructions for patching using WebOS Quick Install:
    • Download WebOS QI (current version is 2.96) Download here.
    • Find the patch you want to use and download it to a folder on your computer you will remember
    • Put your phone into developer mode. To do this, with no cards open, simply type "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" without the quotes into your phone.
    • That will bring up Developer Mode icon. Open it.
    • Slide to "On" and reset the device.
    • When your phone wakes back up, plug it into your computer and select "Just Charge"
    • Find where you downloaded WebOS QI on your computer and run it. You MUST be in developer mode (see above)
    • To install the patch, click on the + sign on the right side of the WebOS QI screen
    • Browse for and select the patch you downloaded.
    • Click install
    • You're done with the install. Your Pre should restart automatically.
    • It is a good idea to turn developer mode off when not installing things
    • Under the File>Options section, there is the ability to put Developer Mode on the Launcher so you don't have to keep typing the upupdowndown string.
    • While you have WebOS QI open, you should explore it's features. It really is a wonderful program. Specifically check out the Tools>Tweaks section

Hope that helps!

Good luck and happy patching.

Wow! Thanks for the detailed instructions! I'm almost tempted to try this! Thanks! -Casey
    Casey
    You can also use Preware for over the air patching. http://install.preware.org

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate