Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    man have you seen the catalog for ipho.e or bb or android ? Be thankful its not there yet . Lol. But I'm sure it will be soon enough ha ha !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    man have you seen the catalog for ipho.e or bb or android ? Be thankful its not there yet . Lol. But I'm sure it will be soon enough ha ha !
    Hey Shane, what's up.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Calling WebOS a linux distro seems like a bit of a stretch. Otherwise I should be able to run Apache and MySQL on a Pre.
    Like this:

Apache - WebOS Internals
    android has 70% of its app
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    A little confusing. I take it that the 90 gigs consists of worthless software. Maybe you should delete it all then. (Or does it have to be outstanding to rate a donation)
    Not confusing at all. I have PAID $0.00 for all of that software...that has nothing to do with me DONATING money to the developer if the software is good. All 90 gigs cost me $0.00 to install and use, that doesn't mean that after I DL a piece of free software for my linux rigs and use it for a few weeks that I won't donate to the developer. This donation does not change the fact that the software itself is indeed free.
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectHorizon View Post
    ... This donation does not change the fact that the software itself is indeed free.
    Because one company chooses to make software free does not mean another is under the same obligation. There are currently quite a few free applications for the Palm, both in HomeBrew and in the Apps Catalog; however, "free" is not a requirement, nor should it be.

A lot of folks confuse the open source requirements that exist on Linux. First of all, it does not apply to every application released for a Linux distro. Not only that, open source does not mean "free". A publisher may charge for an open source program.

There's nothing about being based on Linux that would require their apps be free.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Poor argument. The fact that the OS is based on Linux doesn't mean a thing about the apps that run on it. Software doesn't have to use the same licensing as the OS. Ever considered how many non-free/non-opensource apps there are for Linux?
    op,

As soon as you start developing software for free that is so amazing that nobody can compete with paid apps, you will have a valid opinion on the matter.

until then, stfu
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    op,

As soon as you start developing software for free that is so amazing that nobody can compete with paid apps, you will have a valid opinion on the matter.

until then, stfu
    +1
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    op,

until then, stfu
    Until the paid apps are worth a **** I don't give a **** about paying for them...Regardless I broke my pre into a million pieces yesterday and went and bought an HTC Hero with android...it is about 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times better than pre. This site is pathetic....this is a discussion forum not a "Lets worship the palm pre" forum.

List of FREE opensource (which by the way does mean free in reality...greedy ****ers like you decide to charge but the spirit of open source is to free software from corporations) that are better than paid apps: Mozilla Firefox > IE. Mozilla Thunderbird > Outlook. Openoffice > MS Office. Linux > windoze and/or MacOS.

I am done with this useless excuse of a forum...PEACE.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12