So, I allowed my phone to do the auto-update to 1.3.1 with the updates app, downloaded, let it install... that was a few weeks ago, now... since then, my provisioning is a bit messy (still works acceptable though, I'm activated on alltel)...

I CANNOT connect this phone through USB after this update, it absolutely does NOT give me the 3 options when I plug in...

I've tried different computers, playstations, everything, AND different USB cords... The phone just will not ask me what to do, so therefore the computer only detects the two unknown com port devices cause I can't make a choice to put it into what device mode I want.

SSH won't work either since the update so I can't remotely provision it or copy all my photos/data off to re-do the OS and start over. Orange + Sym + U doesn't force it to USB mode either, it doesn't do anything.

My phone works fabulous before 1.3.1 All USB functions worked fine. . .

The only way to get the phone to detect as a Novacom device is to force it to usb mode from holding down vol button at power-up but that doesn't allow me to provision the phone or copy my data, only re-do the OS.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks a lot for any help ...

PS, no mods were ever installed.
This is the first auto-update that hasn't been friendly to me about being activated on alltel, don't know if that has anything to do with USB functions not working.