Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    My 3rd Pre here and its been awhile since I have had an issue thankfully, but presently is a diff story.

    To start my pre's touchscreen is getting weird, touching links and forum topics on here takes a touch and hold now instead of a slight touch,

    the phone now is also freezing alot more and self resetting,

    the web seems to be slowing down as well but may have to do with the interim wifi issues I have had but fixed as of recent

    also gmail is has not been working right since 1.3.1, even to this day as it arrives does not work and I manually have to check to get my 11 emails now esp in the mornings, it sometimes works during the day but its sporadic..
  2. r-nice's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    My 3rd Pre here and its been awhile since I have had an issue thankfully, but presently is a diff story.

    To start my pre's touchscreen is getting weird, touching links and forum topics on here takes a touch and hold now instead of a slight touch,

    the phone now is also freezing alot more and self resetting,

    the web seems to be slowing down as well but may have to do with the interim wifi issues I have had but fixed as of recent

    also gmail is has not been working right since 1.3.1, even to this day as it arrives does not work and I manually have to check to get my 11 emails now esp in the mornings, it sometimes works during the day but its sporadic..
    I've had this same problem since the last update.
  3. #3  
    I have recently noticed issues happening which were not present with 1.2 release. I believe the issue is because I performed the upgrade and certain things configured on my system apparently conflicted with the upgrade. I performed the emergency patch recovery feature to get rid of the tweaks before upgrading, however it may not have brought all of the tweaks back to the default. I did a webOS Doctor on my system yesterday and many of the tweaks now work as before they did not. The best thing about WebOS doctor 1.3 is that it doesn't reformat your complete drive (where before you would lose all of your MP3's, photos, background images, and other stuff) now it only restores the operating system part. Yea!

    I would suggest trying a WebOS doctor restore.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    My 3rd Pre here and its been awhile since I have had an issue thankfully, but presently is a diff story.

    To start my pre's touchscreen is getting weird, touching links and forum topics on here takes a touch and hold now instead of a slight touch,

    the phone now is also freezing alot more and self resetting,

    the web seems to be slowing down as well but may have to do with the interim wifi issues I have had..........
    I have had all of these issues, and they started with 1.3.1.
    I have no patches, tweaks or homebrew... So it's not because of that. It's 1.3.1 and nothing else.
  5. strudel's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    #5  
    With what you are describing it sounds like pretty much all 1.3.1 issues. Whomever was in charge of testing that release didn't do their job very well.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by strudel View Post
    With what you are describing it sounds like pretty much all 1.3.1 issues. Whomever was in charge of testing that release didn't do their job very well.
    That's for sure. I do know they made links harder to activate purposely (to prevent accidental hits), but now you have to hit a small link (like a page number) 8 to 28 times before it registers. VERY VERY ANNOYING.
  7.    #7  
    also my multiple pages tweak is very delayed. Swipe wait ok now new page comes across. Strange...

    the other thing that drives me nuts is how I can't type out a posting w.o have to move the screen to see if its ok as I type it, all the right side, I appreciate the zoom in but it defeats the purpose!
  8. tlaz's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    To start my pre's touchscreen is getting weird, touching links and forum topics on here takes a touch and hold now instead of a slight touch,
    I thought it was just my Pre that was not responding to taps and touches. Especially maddening with notifications. I'll touch an email notification 3 or sometimes 5 times before it opens the %$#* message. At least I'm not alone. 1.3.5, where are you?
  9. chino0131's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    That's for sure. I do know they made links harder to activate purposely (to prevent accidental hits), but now you have to hit a small link (like a page number) 8 to 28 times before it registers. VERY VERY ANNOYING.
    This has been happening to me as well lately. VERY annoying. It shouldn't be this difficult just to hit a link. I literally have to zoom as much as possible, then either hit the link numerous times before it register, or hit the link and hold numerous times before it will register. And by numerous, I mean at the minimum 10 times. I love the phone, but I shouldn't look like I'm trying to scan my finger print just to get to a link.
  10. #10  
    You could WebDR back to 1.2 and see if that helps?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!

Posting Permissions