Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What do you guys think? i made a mockup of what i would love to see next summer from Palm. Its pretty much a HTC HD2 with the webos look. i would also like to see similar specs as the HD2.

- 4.3-inch 480800 resolution, Capacitive touchscreeen.
    - Processor/Chipset, Qualcomm MSM 8250, 1GHz
    - Memory / Internal Storage, ROM: 512 MB / RAM: 320 MB
    - Digital camera, 5.0MP
    - On screen virtual keyboard

Maybe its too much to hope for, but you never know!

I updated a couple pics for those of you who need a physical keyboard. let me know what you guys think!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rodriguez102; 12/15/2009 at 05:47 PM.
    I LOVE my physical keyboard. I sure hope they don't do away with it. I wouldn't mind having a virtual too, but I want a physical keyboard!

Aside from that, I like the look of your mock up too.
  3.    #3  
    Dont get me wrong, I also LOVE my physical keyboard. And I know I would miss it much if it went away. But I do so much video watching and browsing on my pre that I would be willing to downgrade to a virtual keyboard for a huge screen..
    4.3" screen is to big. I would like a middle ground somewhere. To me the size of the Droid is just about perfect. Good screen size but still has good pockatability.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Why do all these mockups remove the physical keyboard when it's one of the more salient differentiators between the pre and other devices?
    Quote Originally Posted by rodriguez102 View Post
    Dont get me wrong, I also LOVE my physical keyboard. And I know I would miss it much if it went away. But I do so much video watching and browsing on my pre that I would be willing to downgrade to a virtual keyboard for a huge screen..
    why can't there be both?
    i agree, i would love to have both. One thing i would add would be a more stirdier slider. maybe use some aluminum to make it stronger, maybe rails?

I like the back on the first picture, i like the titanium black look, makes it look more expensive.

but, it def needs to have better specs than the HD2, if we make specs that match, then we are only settings ourselves up for failure, we should be setting standards not following from other phones. So, i'd like maybe 1.5ghz processor, 1gb ram. and maybe 2 different sizes on HD, maybe like an 8b and a 16gb.

maybe a titanium black and titanium silver option. I don't mind if it's brings the weight up and makes it slightly heavier, in fact i think it will make the phone feel extremely stirdy and not cheap...

that's just what i'd like to see.....
    I really do not understand what all the fuss is about the qualcomm chipset "snapdragon". What you should really be looking forward to is the Nvidia Tegra 2 or the Texas Instruments OMAP 4. TI also has theOMAP 36x chips that can run 750 to 1ghz. that would be good for like a pre 1.5 though.
    nope I don't want palm making a htc clone. Look at the pres design its a pebble so I expect all of palms future devices to be nature like. Let palm innovate...
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Believe me, I cant wait to Palm to be back in the position to have multiple devices to accommodate different taste...

But having said that... (Larry David )

I dnt believe they should move towards a screen-only design with the Pre 2.
    One on the most important features for Palm users (as well as Blackberry converts) is that one handed physical keyboard layout (as opposed to even a landscape keyboard)

I NEED a physical keyboard...

What I would love to see in Pre 2 is 3.5 OLED Screen sans Center button to help with size constraints... but I really would like to stay with the overall design of the Pre (Slightly slightly bigger)...

IMO... All the designs of any the phones that are just Touchscreens are just plain boring to me... even the Nexus... its just a screen... nothing more... all look the same...

The Pre design is unique and I love that, people always compliment the design of the Pre when I show it off....It also just feels right again my face as a phone... compared to a square brick...

And lastly... any screen larger than 3.5" for an everyday, pocketable phone is unnecessary IMO... it sounds cool and geeky... but not needed... once again... MY OPINION!!...

I would love 5 devices with webOS designs... But Palm needs to stick with its roots in design elemets for the Pre 2...
    Spec the crap out of it internally...wow me with Screen quality..but stay true to Palm...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    I remember Roger McNamee or Jon Rubenstein saying tht palm will never make a device without a physicall keyboard.
    i hope so i've grown quite fond of the small keyboard, people always say oh i'd never like it, like for intance my fiance was like oh, that sucks i would never get used to it or like it. Then i got a her a palm pre and now she loves it.
    I only wanted add a track ball button in palm pre... i can control it in 5 five way
    I like that!!!! It's a beautiful phone.
    Didn't Palm already say they were not gonna make a WebOS device without a physical Keyboard? YES, so quit doing these posts! Aggghhhh
    Thank me if I helped you.
    That is a good looking phone though.
    Thank me if I helped you.
    I don't mean to start any trouble, but that's a bit too "iPhone-like" for my taste.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantHeppes View Post
    Didn't Palm already say they were not gonna make a WebOS device without a physical Keyboard? YES, so quit doing these posts! Aggghhhh
    Palm says a lot of things. WM was supposed to be their pro end.

Instead of clinging to something stupid said in the past though, Palm rightfully dumped WM.

Similarly, if Palm wants to concentrate on selling devices, it needs to stop clinging to this silliness about needing a kb. But if you do need a kb, you got a Pre or Pixi to choose from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    nope I don't want palm making a htc clone. Look at the pres design its a pebble so I expect all of palms future devices to be nature like. Let palm innovate...
    They obviously listened to you with the Pixi.

I think Palm needs a virtual keyboard device with a large screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Palm says a lot of things. WM was supposed to be their pro end.

Instead of clinging to something stupid said in the past though, Palm rightfully dumped WM.

Similarly, if Palm wants to concentrate on selling devices, it needs to stop clinging to this silliness about needing a kb. But if you do need a kb, you got a Pre or Pixi to choose from.
    Not meaning to quibble, but have the actually dumped WM? Isn't the Pro still available for purchase?

Palm's website still shows three active phone products; Pixi, Pre, and Pro
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast