Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I like the basic design, but I'm too hooked on a physical keyboard to give it up. Personally, I'd like to see more a "business oriented" device similar to your mockup with the following:

• Vertical keyboard (similar to the Pre, but drop the curve and make it sturdier).
    • 4G radio

I realize these will make the phone thicker, and I can live with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    They obviously listened to you with the Pixi.

I think Palm needs a virtual keyboard device with a large screen.
    +1

Palm needs to saturate the market with WebOS. I know there are people out there who do not like physical KBs and would prefer a vKB. I know if I need to look something up, or send a text in lecture, I vastly prefer having a vKB. Also, I can't type at all on the pre one-handed. I have a small hands and I feel like I am going to drop the phone if I try to type with the slider open. That being said I can type pretty well with the vKB open.

I have used a few sliders over the years, and I have to say that I much prefer the lack of moving parts on a phone. While I love the keyboard on the pre, I think there needs to be a vKB option.

@OP: I love the way that looks. I would almost like to see it rounded a bit more like the pre. I hate to say it but I am very taken by the way the Nexus One looks. But beyond that, WebOS needs to be able to use all the hardware you give it.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I personally like that 4th attachment. A really big touchscreen with a keyboard with some apps and GPU support would really have me set on WebOS for.. just about ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Not meaning to quibble, but have the actually dumped WM? Isn't the Pro still available for purchase?

Palm's website still shows three active phone products; Pixi, Pre, and Pro
    They have dumped WM but still sell the Treo Pro. They have already spent the money to build so they may as well continue to sell it. It is still selling fairly well. Until the Incognito came out it was alone in that form factor on Sprint sans BB's. That is important because it can still be used with legacy plans on Sprint. It's still making them money so why not?
    that design is too much like DROID or HTC.

Palm has its own flavor in design and i want to keep it like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    that design is too much like DROID or HTC.

Palm has its own flavor in design and i want to keep it like that.
    Me too. Palm's niche in the market involves a physical keyboard, and I hope that they keep it that way.
    Wish the keyboard slid out in landscape mode..!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Nice but with a SIDE SLIDE OUT keyboard its looks like an HTC product!
    It HAS to be a front slide out to keep the PRE look amd style. Can you PLEASE draw one up to see how it looks? Other than that I would love a phone like that.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I love the 4th one.
    It has a a physical keyboard and quite a large screen. It seems like a sexy upgrade from the Pixi.

Really... the 4th one looks like Pixi 2.0
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    "4.3-inch 480800 resolution"

YEEEES! I don't care about the rest, but for crying out loud make a bigger WebOs phone.
    both keyboards for sure (physical and virtual).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
    They have dumped WM but still sell the Treo Pro. They have already spent the money to build so they may as well continue to sell it. It is still selling fairly well. Until the Incognito came out it was alone in that form factor on Sprint sans BB's. That is important because it can still be used with legacy plans on Sprint. It's still making them money so why not?
    If they're still selling it, they haven't "dumped" it. The "money spent" argument could also be made about PalmOS devices. THOSE have been dumped, WM has not
    Here is a simple modification of the Pre where the receiver is raised a tiny bit and the button on the bottom is removed and replaced by the Pixi light strip at a lower portion of the phone. This makes the gesture area smaller but the screen size increases without the device increasing in size.

Also if the gesture area during video playback and web browsing could be transparent and display content then you can get any even bigger screen size in the same form factor.

PICTURE

Side by side with current Pre:

SIDE BY SIDE
    Last edited by gksspot555; 12/16/2009 at 01:07 AM. Reason: add picture
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksspot555 View Post
    Here is a simple modification of the Pre where the receiver is raised a tiny bit and the button on the bottom is removed and replaced by the Pixi light strip at a lower portion of the phone. This makes the gesture area smaller but the screen size increases without the device increasing in size.

Also if the gesture area during video playback and web browsing could be transparent and display content then you can get any even bigger screen size in the same form factor.

PICTURE
    Lol, that could be killer.............
    If they're still selling it, they haven't "dumped" it. The "money spent" argument could also be made about PalmOS devices. THOSE have been dumped, WM has not
    Dumped as in no more future development. I think you know what i meant :P
    I wish we could get a legit keyboard along the lines of a bb bold or tour. Coming from the tour the kb is the only major gripe I have. [sorry to re-hash old stuff]
  17. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    They announced in their Q1FY2010 earnings call that they would cease development for Windows Mobile and focus solely on webOS going forward. You won't see another WinMo phone from them after the Pro reaches its EOL.
    [QUOTE=Kedar;2095522]I love the 4th one.
    It has a a physical keyboard and quite a large screen. It seems like a sexy upgrade from the Pixi.

Really... the 4th one looks like Pixi 2.0
    [IMG]

extended the keyboard on that beast and we would all be happy. Also put a scratch resistant coating. I'm looking forward to what palm will unveil in january.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    i would love a pre with a larger screen. they can sacrifice the keyboard if they want.
  20. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    The fourth one gets my vote.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast