1.    #1  
    I installed the virtual keyboard but can't figure out how to make it come up to be used. I've been able to do it once but don't know how I did it. Can anyone help??
    Tap twice on the gesture area just to the right of the center button.
    jim
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I tried it but ended up deleting it. I found it to be too buggy.
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    I tried it but ended up deleting it. I found it to be too buggy.
    that's what I did as well
    This signature for rent
    Bump...I have tried and tried to get it to come up and nothing works. I have tried tapping to the right with 2 fingers...tapping to the right of the ball twice really fast...I just have no idea how to get it to come up. Perhaps some other gesture would be better suited to using this patch.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectHorizon View Post
    Bump...I have tried and tried to get it to come up and nothing works. I have tried tapping to the right with 2 fingers...tapping to the right of the ball twice really fast...I just have no idea how to get it to come up. Perhaps some other gesture would be better suited to using this patch.
    Maybe one of these videos will help

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    It works reasonably well, but for me the back button doesn't work sometimes. Very annoying because it's tough to be accurate enough to not need it.
    I could only get mine to come up a few times, so I uninstalled as well.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    You do not double tap the center button you double tap the gesture area near it.
    p.s.
    it only works when your in a text field
    Quote Originally Posted by omamamiA View Post
    You do not double tap the center button you double tap the gesture area near it.
    p.s.
    it only works when your in a text field
    OHHHHH...that solves it...unfortunately I was hoping to be able to use for universal search
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectHorizon View Post
    OHHHHH...that solves it...unfortunately I was hoping to be able to use for universal search
    You can, simply bring up the Launcher first, then a double tap will bring up the keyboard and you can start typing to do a universal search.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    feel free to thank me and jtfolden
    Beat me to it. The keyboard works pretty much flawless for me, but it won't come up unless you have the cursor showing up. Once you install the Virtual Keyboard you can pretty much go without ever using the physical keyboard. I have gone 4 days now since the install and haven't opened my phone once.

One other thing though, that I didn't realize till later, just to help everyone out. If you pull up calendar and that little tiny cursor comes up on one of the hours, the virtual keyboard will not work there. You must hit the little info circle which will take you to setting up the event and it's in there when you see the cursor you can pull the virtual keyboard up.