1.    #1  
    I called Sprint today and tried to get my contract to a month to month based on the new fee. She would not let me do this but she recomended I cancel and activate my account with Boost Mobile. She said its 1)the sprint towers 2)its month to month 3)and much cheaper? Very interesting. Any thoughts?
    Not sure if Boost is owned by Sprint but they are using Sprint's Network, and so is the Kindle using Sprint's Network. And other things use their network as well.

It's not a surprise.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Does anyone use google anymore?

About Boost Mobile: Company Overview
    I'm afraid I can't let you do that.
    If you are really good with phones. Google how to get your sprint device to work with boost.
    boost is nextel's, which is sprint.
    (virgin mobile too)
    your Sprint device will not work on Boost. Sprint runs on CDMA and Boost on IDEN. Also, Boost will not let you port your number from Sprint since they are part of their company. I have a boost line that I use for business and I went through all the research.

I think they suggested Boost so they could retain you as a customer one way or another.
  7.    #7  
    I just called Boost. They can activate the Pre but there is no guarantee that the web or texts would work. Hmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by boogaloo1 View Post
    your Sprint device will not work on Boost. Sprint runs on CDMA and Boost on IDEN. Also, Boost will not let you port your number from Sprint since they are part of their company. I have a boost line that I use for business and I went through all the research.
    Well, not quite all the research. Boost Mobile does offer service on Sprint's CDMA network as well, but they've drastically reduced their support for that branch of their offerings since iDEN decided to make a comeback.

And yes, OP, as others have pointed out: Boost Mobile is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sprint Nextel (formerly Nextel Communications).
    look into Virgin Mobile. That is Sprint CDMA but month-to-month.
    Just to confirm, Boost is Sprint/Nextel iDen network...not cdma and thus NO 3G.
    Boost does have a *few* cdma phones, though I could only find one on their website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Boost does have a *few* cdma phones, though I could only find one on their website.
    Those are the "hybrid" phones that ride on Sprint CDMA for voice and iDen for the PTT...I do not think they are 3G.

There are a few non-motorola PTT phones that are purely CDMA using a technology called Q-Chat to connect PTT to the old iDen network, but I do not know if those phones are on Boost or solely Nextel.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Those are the "hybrid" phones that ride on Sprint CDMA for voice and iDen for the PTT...I do not think they are 3G.

There are a few non-motorola PTT phones that are purely CDMA using a technology called Q-Chat to connect PTT to the old iDen network, but I do not know if those phones are on Boost or solely Nextel.
    I can't speak to the Boost ones, but the Sprint ones were 3G.
    Why did they not let you our of contract?

Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I called Sprint today and tried to get my contract to a month to month based on the new fee. She would not let me do this but she recomended I cancel and activate my account with Boost Mobile. She said its 1)the sprint towers 2)its month to month 3)and much cheaper? Very interesting. Any thoughts?
  14.    #14  
    because its not Jan. 1. He said to call back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Well, not quite all the research. Boost Mobile does offer service on Sprint's CDMA network as well, but they've drastically reduced their support for that branch of their offerings since iDEN decided to make a comeback.

And yes, OP, as others have pointed out: Boost Mobile is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sprint Nextel (formerly Nextel Communications).
    Good call, I totally forgot about the CDMA. I know they offered it at one time, but don't seem to be anymore (at least on their website). Thanks for clarifying that!