Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hello, I checked my backup info before I was planning to do a full reset and I see that it hasn't backed up since Dec. 2.

When I click Backup Now, it just says Backup Suspended.

What gives?

UPDATE: Thanks to suggestions here, my problem was solved. I turned off the automatic updating (you need to agree to erase the palm backup), and then turned it back on again. It then allowed me to perform a backup. We'll see if it stays current now.
    Last edited by Jayrot; 12/14/2009 at 04:47 PM.
    Funny, I checked mine on Saturday (12/12) morning and it said it had not backed up since 12/4/09. So I immediately backed it up.

I just looked now and it says it hasn't been backed up since Saturday. I ran the backup and it completely successfully (according to the phone anyways).

My backup is turned on.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    No ideas for you. Mine hadn't backed up since the 3rd but I could manually initiate this afternoon. It says it completed but who knows
    same problem my last backup as of right now was 12/10/09 just did it manually and it went through hmmm still says data backed up everyday but not doing it??
    my is working fine... ok... its not... as I need to backup manulay
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago. I turned off the auto backup, allowed it to delete everything on the server, and then turned the auto backup back on. Nothing on the palm was deleted (ie., contacts etc). The daily backup has worked ever since then.
    Mine hasn't been backing up for a couple months, and I have had to do it manually. I haven't seen any threads about it, so I figured it was just some problem peculiar to my phone.
    Same here. Mu Pre said that it hadn't backed up since the 4th, so I performed a manual back up just now, and according to the message that popped up, it was successful (FWIW, naturally).

Ah, the joys of the cloud...

Regards,
    Adam
    Sony: NR70, NX80
    Palm: III, V, Vx, IIIc, m505, LifeDrive, Treo 700p, Palm Pre
    Android: HTC Evo 4G
    If your having this problem you can manual backup all you like but until you turn off backup and then turn it back on it will not backup automatically.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I had same problem. Yesterday, I checked my backup and was advised I hadn't backed up since 12/4. It hasn't been 24 hours yet, so I don't know whether it will back up automatically or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by jws021 View Post
    I had same problem. Yesterday, I checked my backup and was advised I hadn't backed up since 12/4. It hasn't been 24 hours yet, so I don't know whether it will back up automatically or not.
    It wont unless you turn it off and then on again.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    If your having this problem you can manual backup all you like but until you turn off backup and then turn it back on it will not backup automatically.
    I did just like you have said and let me tell you it was one of the most scary 45 sec. I have had since I bought the Pre.
    But it did wok for me.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RebKel View Post
    I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago. I turned off the auto backup, allowed it to delete everything on the server, and then turned the auto backup back on. Nothing on the palm was deleted (ie., contacts etc). The daily backup has worked ever since then.
    Just tried this with my phone and it worked. We'll see if it stays current (and automatic). Perhaps this was a corrupted backup of some sort?