Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I've been having ongoing issues with Yahoo mail on my Pre. Then I started having problems with the Touchscreen not responding when I touch notifications. Then MyTether wouldn't work. Then it started getting erratic with my car's bluetooth after being flawless. Should I chalk all of this up to 1.3.1, or is it just the Pre? Or my hardware? I absolutely love my Pre. But I'm starting to agree with my wife, who says, "It's so frustrating because you know all the things it CAN do, and when it doesn't do them, you want to scream."

Help me get excited about the Pre again!
    Go google CES and palm and relive the hype?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Yes, it all seemed like there was so much potential then. One year later, there's still so much potential! Hoping more of it gets fulfilled.
    I've been struggling of late too, 1.3.1 really made my pre unhappy. I had a nice pep me up moment on Saturday though. I wanted to rent the new Mario Brothers for the Wii so I needed to call all the Family Video rental stores near my house.

I opened the slider, typed Family Video, clicked google maps, clicked result list, clicked the one closest, clicked the number. Nope, they didn't have it. App switch gesture, swipe back, click the next closest one, click number, dial, nope didn't have it. I did this 3 more times to no luck. While I was disappointed, the extreme EASE at which I accomplished this was incredible. Called 5 stores in like 3 minutes.

I also did this while in a different state last week trying to find out what time a restaurant was open til. The fact that I didn't need to open any special apps, search the web, type in an address or anything was just freaking awesome.
    You can go back to 1.2.1 and see if this helps? Just use the Webdr for 1.2.1.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Watch the commercials with the creepy chick talking about ESP. (It really just doesnt get worse advertising does it?)

Seriously... why would you want to be talked into a phone that doesnt work for you?
    Yeah, I could use a pep talk as well.
    Today I made a 10 minute walk to the post office, while listening to music via A2DP. While standing in line at the post office, I decided to open google maps and look for a local business. The app refused to load up the map. 15 seconds later, everything froze, and it rebooted itself.
    After the reboot (grr), I tried loading the UPS site, which just took forever.
    After all was said and done, 45 minute later, my battery had gone from 100% to 76%. This may be the end of the line for me and my pre.
    Yep, my Pre has been rebooting itself more and more since 1.3.1 hit. (no patches, homebrew, tweaks etc.)
    MyTether has known issues with 1.3.1. Does not address your other issues, but you can get more info about the issues on My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router! .
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenPreed View Post
    Watch the commercials with the creepy chick talking about ESP. (It really just doesnt get worse advertising does it?)

Seriously... why would you want to be talked into a phone that doesnt work for you?
    I definitely understand where he is coming from. I love the phone but its hard to deny that sometimes it gets just plain frustrating. App size limit, too many cards message, choppy animations, notification sounds being cutoff, phone constantly opening the contact page for the person you are talking to, inconsistent dialing shortcut timing, and overall lag.

On the other hands, when the phone is doing good its a great experience that I wouldn't trade for anything. I've had days where I sing its praises from the top of somewhere very high. Easy searching, easy switching, integrated contacts, great web browsing, etc. Other days I feel like chucking it against a wall.

On those wall days, I could use a pick me up too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    You can go back to 1.2.1 and see if this helps? Just use the Webdr for 1.2.1.
    I have considered it, at the very least doctoring back to a fresh 1.3.1. There is one 1.3.1 feature though that makes it worth dealing with the frustrations. I have 2 underpowered chargers that now work WAY better in 1.3.1 plus the phone is a lot faster.

So I have been sort of waiting around for 1.3.5 hoping it fixes the goofy bugs in 1.3.1 so I can be happy once again.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    The creepy chick will make me run away screaming. I think the phone does work for me - sure it has limitations, but as I said, when it works, it's the dream phone. Just wish I wasn't spending so much time dreaming it was working right.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    Yeah, I could use a pep talk as well.
    Today I made a 10 minute walk to the post office, while listening to music via A2DP. While standing in line at the post office, I decided to open google maps and look for a local business. The app refused to load up the map. 15 seconds later, everything froze, and it rebooted itself.
    After the reboot (grr), I tried loading the UPS site, which just took forever.
    After all was said and done, 45 minute later, my battery had gone from 100% to 76%. This may be the end of the line for me and my pre.
    That's the kinds of stuff taht I'm talking about that drives me crazy. But the Pre has its ways of redeeming itself. Maybe it just heard about my original post, but my Yahoo mail issues have subsided - for now.