Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Recently one of the tabs holding my Innocase Surface on my Pre snapped off and the damn thing won't stay on the phone anymore. Which is annoying because without the Surface, the phone won't fit snugly into the Innocase holster I bought.

When I removed the Surface, I saw all the nasty dust, etc. collected by the screen protector since I applied it. I should have cut the side flaps off of the screen protector before applying it so nothing would be caught under the Innocase Surface, but you live and you learn. So I removed the screen protector, too.

Anyway, now that my Pre is "naked" again, I realize that I had forgotten how elegant this phone is. The form factor isn't done justice with the Innocase on it. The damn thing is sleek as the day I bought it. The absence of bulk is refreshing. How soon we forget.

Of course, I'll probably buy another Innocase or a similar protective device, but I'll miss the naked Pre a bit.

Any thoughts? Or have I just creeped everyone out?
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I used to be obsessed with protecting my Pre, but now the newness has worn off I just decided to cover it with Phantom Skinz and carry it naked. It's great. Love the way the phone feels in hand.
    I've kept my Pre naked since the day I lost the sleeping bag it came with. It's been naked for about 4 months now. I much prefer it that way than bulked up in some ugly case. I have a few scratches on it, but nothing major.
    ALMOST creeped me out.
    I haven't seen my naked pre since july! But my skin is starting to orange peel bad. Just to lazy to take it off and reapply a new one.
    Never used a case or screen protector with any phone..ever.

I'm still here though
    If a Pre and Pixi were naked and charging next to each other, in the morning would there be a Pix-et or Pre-et next to them? Wait it could also be a "Palm-Palm".
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    If a Pre and Pixi were naked and charging next to each other, in the morning would there be a Pix-et or Pre-et next to them?
    Or an Oreo cookie?
    In case you're interested, SkinIt has a 50% off sale today with code "BEMERRY". There's a few Pre skins. I've never used their skins on a Pre but I've seen them on an iPhone before. They're OK I guess and better than nothing if you're concerned about scratches. Add's no bulk to the Pre too...so that's a plus.
    Other than that, something like a bestskinsever .com works great for full protection.
    I go back and forth...case...no case...but I end up casing it again. I love to look and elegance of the naked Pre but it's so fragile. That's my number one complaint, and my number one hope for the Pre2; better hardware so I don't need a case.
    If I where a Pre designer I would cringe at the sight of the elegant Pre in a case!
    Since Apple changed the design and hardware of the Iphone I rarely see it with a case...i'm just sayin...
    Quote Originally Posted by max.swell View Post
    ....but it's so fragile....
    Release-date gen Pre here. In my pocket most of the day. When it's not, it's with me at the gym on the treadmill or weight room, or in my back pocket outside doing yard work. I have 4 young children who are always jumping on daddy's lap....my Pre is just fine.
    Don't let that "Oreo" BS fool you. This has little effect on the fragility IMO.
    Some sort of skin for the front is really a must IMHO ... just scratches too easy. But a PhantomSkinz on the front and a Touchstone back cover is enough protection for me. I figure I can always replace the back cover if it gets damaged.
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    Some sort of skin for the front is really a must IMHO ... just scratches too easy. But a PhantomSkinz on the front and a Touchstone back cover is enough protection for me. I figure I can always replace the back cover if it gets damaged.
    It might scratch easily but its not that bad. Look at it this way, you'll be swapping it for another refurb soon enough.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    I only use a screen protector...im not a fan of locking devices away in cases to the point where they become unrecognizable, outright ugly and become a chore
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    It might scratch easily but its not that bad. Look at it this way, you'll be swapping it for another refurb soon enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by kanaka View Post
    I only use a screen protector...im not a fan of locking devices away in cases to the point where they become unrecognizable, outright ugly and become a chore
    +1
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    go to bestskinsever.com and you can get a good cheap skin for $10!!
    It depends on the person.. I keep a case on my but that's because I drop it on a weekly basis. Still going 5 months strong and no scratches or reasons to post a complaint thread on here. If you're deft with your cell phone slinging then naked pre may be the way to go.. because cases do add bulk.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Don't let that "Oreo" BS fool you. This has little effect on the fragility IMO.
    +1

I dropped my Pre many times, several on concrete from 4-5 feet up. It still works just fine and minus a couple scars from the major drops it is in perfect condition, no scratches on the screen at all. The oreo did not get any worse with time and even after dropping it many times, it has always had just a tiny bit of side to side play.

No case, although it does sit in the pouch when I am carrying it in a pocket. I scratched my iPod touch's screen numerous times when carrying it in a pocket so I am not taking that chance with the Pre.
    I've got a shield on the front and the touchstone back. I love the look and the feel in the hand. So far no scratches, although I do try to keep it in a pocket by itself.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast