1.    #1  
    I am having trouble with the patches by Jason Robitaille (his apps usually are perfect installs) as listed in the thread title. I would like the "Battery icon AND percent" patch, but when I install it, I keep getting Error installing: See IPKG Log and the log tells me that 5 out of 5 hunks (whatever those are?) failed and it is removed. I thought I had it installed once but it only showed the battery icon, not the colored numbers as percent. However, the battery icon is moved over as if to allow numbers in the top right corner.

I gave up on above and tried to do the "Battery Icon as Percent" and only a battery icon, no numbered percentages appears. The battery icon remains in the top right area, but not in the corner (as if to allow percentage numbers).

Even after removing both patches, my battery icon remains near but not in the top right corner as it was when I first got my Pre. With Pre updates, don't these patches work anymore?

I have rebooted my Pre after each installation. Am I doing something wrong for these two patches not working my Pre? Any help you can give will be appreciated! Thanks!
    I've had the same problem (not with this patch though). I ended up running EPR too, and that didn't work. I finally ended up doctoring it and starting over. I finally have it exactly how I want it, which only means one thing......they'll release a new WebOS update in the next few days.

Also, before I forget. What are you using to install the patch? Are you installing it using the tweaks section of WebOS Quick Install, or are you doing a direct patch install?
  3.    #3  
    I am using the direct patch install via Preware. Is that the problem? Would I have better luck with the WebOS Quick Install method? Thanks for your reply!
    did you ever install it with WOQI.. Preware doesn't recognize WOQI patches.. So if you installed it on WOQI and removed it and there was a prob with the removal.. Possibly when preware tried installing it would give you the ipkg error.

just a thought
  5.    #5  
    Thanks sketch42. No, I looked in WOQI and couldn't find any patches at all so I've always installed patches using Preware. I looked again when I got the above comment from ponyfool but I still couldn't see any patches in WOQI. I'm wondering if the updates are interferring?
    Had the same problem as you did, I just ran the Webos Repair Utility and then it work after that.

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...r-utility.html
  7.    #7  
    Thanks, sbrad425. I didn't know this Webos Repair Utility existed. Thanks for the link to it. I won't have to run the WebOSDoctor, will I? Doesn't that erase all my Pre settings and apps? Sorry to be so dense on this but this is all very new to me and I appreciate your patience!
    Harborgirl, Could you list the patches you have currently installed?

Look on preware, under installed packages/patches, Also look in installed packages unknown and see if there are any listed there.

How many patches are installed?
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

9.    #9  
    OK, here goes.
    These are the Unknown: AccuWeather, AP Mobile, Fandango, Mine Search, Timepiece, WHERE, YDice and YPmobile.

These are the Patches: 4x4 Icons v3; Add Date-MM/DD; Allow Browser in Low Mem; Brightness in Divice Menu; Change Number of Bookmarks on Startpage; Character Counter; Charging Alert Vibrate Only; Compose to Email; Copy URL to CLipboard; Increase Font Size 18; Reset to First Page; Show Actual Battery Percent; Show Download Count; Virtual Keyboard; Wrap Pages

Does this help? Thanks so much for you help!
  10.    #10  
    I removed both of the battery icon percent ones by Jason Robitaille listed in Thread name because they didn't work. The "Show Actual Battery Percent" by another person is the only one I could find that would work and I installed it after I removed the other two.
  11.    #11  
    Oops, hit post before I was done. Now, my Pre shows a percentage number but no battery icon. Does this make sense? Thanks.
    Show actual battery % is your culprit! Its not compatible with any of the other Battery patches. Its either 1 or the other.
    Remove it and your batt and % will work!

Having the 18 font and the dd/mm patch will make the % icon disappear at 100%. when you drop down to 99% the % icon should reappear.

A couple of those are mine I believe so Ive tested them with most patches, I currently have 75 patches through preware and 10 custom patches i made installed through WOSQI.

I am currently working on some multipatches to install multiple patches as 1 patch.

You can PM me if you have any other questions if you like.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

13.    #13  
    Thank you so much 2sslow--this worked! I had about given up. You're right about the 100% not showing until it gets to 99%, but that's almost right away once I use my phone. Many, many thanks for your kind reply and solution to the issue! Your mulitpatch to install multiple patches sounds like a terrific option for someone like me who wants numerous items but gets a bit bogged down trying to figure it all out on my own. Thank you so much for thinking to do this! I will be checking my Preware for new patches. Do you use this ID for your patches, too, or should I know another ID to recognize yours? Thanks again for all your help with my battery icon and percent!
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    did you ever install it with WOQI.. Preware doesn't recognize WOQI patches.. So if you installed it on WOQI and removed it and there was a prob with the removal.. Possibly when preware tried installing it would give you the ipkg error.

just a thought

This is false. Most patches on QI use the exact same packages as Preware. Preware and QI both use the same underlying autopatch technology.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  15.    #15  
    Thanks, Eric G. This is good info. I have installed all of my patches by using Preware, not the QI as I could never see any in my drop-down list using QI. I'm relieved to know the same autopatch technology is in both. Whew! One less thing to worry about! Thanks again!