1.    #1  
    This is the PreCentral FORUM.
    It says it in the url, and it says it in the title. This is NOT a fan club. If you think it is, then please show a screenshot of where it says it is (no Photoshop projects, please).
    This is supposed to be an open forum where people can actually have their objective opinions and state them (kindly), along with helping other people with the Pre if they choose to.
    Nobody here should be 'out to get' anybody for feeling the way they do. There are much MUCH MUCH bigger problems in this world, than this Pre stuff.
    So, why don't you look up the definitions of forum and fan club? See that there is a difference between the two, and go join or start a fan club if you can't stand to hear, read or see anything negative about your phone.
    There are people here to help, there are people that are happy happy with their first smartphone, and there are people that have been around the smartphone block a couple of times that have deeper issues with the Pre.
    Like i said, this is NOT a fan club. It's a FORUM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    This is the PreCentral FORUM.
    It says it in the url, and it says it in the title. This is NOT a fan club. If you think it is, then please show a screenshot of where it says it is (no Photoshop projects, please).
    This is supposed to be an open forum where people can actually have their objective opinions and state them (kindly), along with helping other people with the Pre if they choose to.
    Nobody here should be 'out to get' anybody for feeling the way they do. There are much MUCH MUCH bigger problems in this world, than this Pre stuff.
    So, why don't you look up the definitions of forum and fan club? See that there is a difference between the two, and go join or start a fan club if you can't stand to hear, read or see anything negative about your phone.
    There are people here to help, there are people that are happy happy with their first smartphone, and there are people that have been around the smartphone block a couple of times that have deeper issues with the Pre.
    Like i said, this is NOT a fan club. It's a FORUM.
    I think that anyone who continually barks and barks and barks about a phone/device they hate should get another phone/device as well as a life and stop posting on this forum . Why should anyone seeking help / knowledge have to read the B S about how they hate the device / carrier.
    Why would anyone post this more than one time ? That's my .02
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    I think that anyone who continually barks and barks and barks about a phone/device they hate should get another phone/device as well as a life and stop posting on this forum . Why should anyone seeking help / knowledge have to read the B S about how they hate the device / carrier.
    Why would anyone post this more than one time ? That's my .02
    not everybody can afford a new $500 dollar phone and for those who do not want to hear barks simply don't read the thread.

I don't want to hear a bunch of fans bark about how great a phone is so I do not open those threads its that simple.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    The problem is: it's not a fanclub, but it's not a hateclub either..
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    The problem is: it's not a fanclub, but it's not a hateclub either..
    exactly it is a mix of everything, so read the threads that you can relate to if you do not hate the palm pre than do not read the thread titled I hate my palm pre.....lol
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh112 View Post
    not everybody can afford a new $500 dollar phone and for those who do not want to hear barks simply don't read the thread.

I don't want to hear a bunch of fans bark about how great a phone is so I do not open those threads its that simple.
    The problem is that unconstructive barking about a phone they hate but won't bother to move on to another one, just boggs down the forum and makes it a pain in the ***** to find threads that are helpful. Why not just make a sub-forum for all the haters so it's easier for those of us who are looking for help or new information to get what we need. What this forum is missing is better segregation of forum topics and stricter moderator enforcement.
    What about the people who complain about the people that complain of the people who complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh112 View Post

I really don't care for either type of post , I like to read the stickies they contain the most pertinent information followed by those asking for very specific help that leads to a very long thread with a wealth of exchanged information that leads to a positive result.

Point is , why do people feel the need to post their feelings on a device ? Questions .....yes...........feelings........ NO
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangjonGT View Post
    What about the people who complain about the people that complain of the people who complain.
    I have no complaints against those complainers. (well i don't think i do, do i?) -
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 12/14/2009 at 10:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    The problem is that unconstructive barking about a phone they hate but won't bother to move on to another one, just boggs down the forum and makes it a pain in the ***** to find threads that are helpful. Why not just make a sub-forum for all the haters so it's easier for those of us who are looking for help or new information to get what we need. What this forum is missing is better segregation of forum topics and stricter moderator enforcement.
    quite simple either go to new posts and scroll through the threads or go to search and type what you are looking to find! (note if you type in the search box leaving pre for hero than that is the thread you will most likely find)
    Why the reset post count TomH? Did your other user name get banned?

I'm all for debate but there is a difference between debating and trolling to get people fired up. Personally I dont come here for debate. I come here to learn and get news about Palm's WebOS.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Here's my problem with the complainers. 99.44% of the time they complain about something they should have known was a limitation before they bought the phone. The other 0.56% of the time its referencing some conspiracy theory on why said feature is missing or bug has not been fixed instead of the obvious: Palm is a small company, they barely avoiding going out of business, and they are doing the best they can given the resources available them.

Sure, this means the phone has some shortcomings.. Most of these were known before the device even went on sale. Some were found out afterwards but should have been assumed given its a 1.0 device (Probably more likely a 0.80 device)..

SOME problems are very legit.. the backup problem for example. NEEDS to be fixed. The App limit problem NEEDS to be fixed. However Palm is quite aware of these and I suspect will have them fixed soon. If its THAT big of a problem for you, contact Sprint and request your money back or an exchange for a new phone. You had 30 days to evaluate it. If you waited past that time then you could probably still get a refund if you pressed hard enough and explained why the features like App Limit and backup are critical for you.

But, most complaints are just incoherent ramblings of 'But Apple has it', 'Palm Sucks', 'Warrrrrrrrrrrgarbl', and a random mixture of grunts, cries, and moans.