1.    #1  
    I have what look like long cracks running down the side of my screen on both sides, extending into the gesture area and around the corners a little. It's most obvious when turning the pre on because the screen is black but I can see the backlight leaking through the cracks. attached picture is where the cracks are (approximately). The cracks aren't terrible and don't effect my use of the device, but I'm worried that it will develop into a bigger problem that Sprint will then try to blame on me.

I also have discoloured patches on my screen. although they are nearly invisible when viewed from head-on, at high angle ranges they are especially noticable. One thing I've noticed is that when wearing polarized sunglasses, the screen is completely discoloured in a rainbow pattern in those patches and unreadable.

I also have a slight oreo effect, and the screen only slides up if I press on the right hand side just below the usb cover and push up. If I press on the screen it sometimes works, but more often than not I have to struggle for several second if I am trying to open the phone with my left hand, because pushing up on the left side doesn't work at all. Also there is enough of a gap between the two halves to give the screen a small rocking effect.

I also have a small crack in the usual place near the usb port, three stuck pixels (one bright green, two dim blue), and a Japanese-cell battery.

I'm aware that probably none of these problems by themselves are grounds for replacement as far as Sprint is concerned, but do I have a case for a replacement here? I'm out of my 30-day warranty, so will I have to go through Asuron? I'd much prefer to exchange at a store since I've had a bad experience getting a phone replaced through sprint by mail.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I know those cracks in the screen are not really cracks. Its where the lcd is set into the body of the pre. Some are worse than others but it shouldn't affect the usability of the phone at all. Just annoying =/
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoen22 View Post
    I know those cracks in the screen are not really cracks. Its where the lcd is set into the body of the pre. Some are worse than others but it shouldn't affect the usability of the phone at all. Just annoying =/
    Valid points, just prepare for the usual crew who will insist you must work for apple or are an apple plant, because in their minds, the pre is perfect. Its comical, but just be ready for it.
  4.    #4  
    I hope you're right. I don't recall them when I first got my Pre, but I wasn't looking then either.
    Looking at my pre more carefully, the only things I notice are some hard to notice cracks forming in the gesture area. Noticeably where I use my thumb to push the screen up. I have a pristine screen all along the screen, so I don't think everyone is having the same issue.