1.    #1  
    My PRE fell and now the screen doesn't work. The phone works, it rings when someone calls ... but the screen just glows and shows nothing.

Is this the end of my phone? Anything to be done (I'm out of warranty).

Help!

Thanks
    insurance will fix you right up.
    Is there any obvious damage? Depending on who you talk to in the store you might be able to get it replaced. Let them look at it and make the determiniation. My launch day Pre developed a crack last week and at first the store wanted me to file an insurance claim I spoke with the manager and there were no obvious signs of abuse so they ordered me a new phone. I would try the store first and don't take no for the first answer.
  4.    #4  
    I'm not with Sprint. It's a unit I got off ebay.
    Have you tried to contact Palm?
  6.    #6  
    I've played with it a bit and the screen does now occasionally work with the slider closed when I hold it a certain way, push from the sides, or what not.

It appears some connection is loose ... which brings me to the question: Any way to fix this thing oneself? I've seen the touchscreen being sold on ebay etc. ... is it indeed fixable by a layperson?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chabsin View Post
    My PRE fell and now the screen doesn't work. The phone works, it rings when someone calls ... but the screen just glows and shows nothing.

Is this the end of my phone? Anything to be done (I'm out of warranty).

Help!

Thanks
    How are you out of one year warranty on a phone that's only been on the market for six months?

Give Palm a call since you're not with Sprint and they should be able to get you a refurb provided the phone doesn't look like it fell two stories. And the way you describe how you can get it to work by playing with it, you should be fine.

There are really no serviceable parts in the Pre as far as functionality goes. If local repair facilities won't touch them, I wouldn't try hacking through it.