Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Is anyone else incredibly annoyed that the Pre doesn't capitalize the letters of the things it auto corrects while you are in all caps? For instance if you are writing in all caps and you type "IM" it will turn it into "I'm" and NOT "I'M". The phone does this for almost every contraction, and for the other things it's supposed to auto correct. For instance, it also screws up "TJE" and turns it into "ThE" instead of "THE". Palm needs to figure this out because it is seriously getting on my nerves and I'm sure there are more out there that this bothers...just sayin'.
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Not so much.
    If you type IM (as in Instant Messaging) and the autocorrect changes it to I'm, you can hit the backspace once and it will change it back to IM. The Palm will do this for any word that it has autocorrected. Really not such a big deal.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CheshireFrog View Post
    If you type IM (as in Instant Messaging) and the autocorrect changes it to I'm, you can hit the backspace once and it will change it back to IM. The Palm will do this for any word that it has autocorrected. Really not such a big deal.
    I understand that backspacing will turn it back into the capitalized form, however it doesn't make any sense for the phone not to capitalize those things when I am in caps lock. To auto correct "TJE" into "ThE" is absurd.
    Equally annoyed. The auto correct is more annoying than helpful, I feel. All of my previous phones had predictive texting of some sort, Pre doesn't. I find myself, after having the phone 6 months, still incredibly frustrated w/the fact that I am typing MANY more characters per day than I used to. Furthermore, I find the auto correct to be most annoying during texting. Am I the only person that feels that u should be able to turn off the Auto correct for texting & leave it on for emails? During texting, I use abbreviations constantly. I don't want anything trying to correct my writing because I'm using abbreviations - not true words - anyway. I am definitely looking forward in phones.
    Last edited by TGEPMan; 01/27/2010 at 08:26 PM.