Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After being on this forum for a few months I was beginning to get worried about the majority of people thinking the palm pre was going to fail, was a crap phone, or had a majority of customer dissatisfaction. So I looked at three different websites. Amazon.com Ebay and Epinions. All three sites had overall customer reviews of 4 to 4.5 out of 5. I think this shows that the majority of haters on this forum are in the minority.

Is anybody other than me getting really tired of seeing stupid threads like "Will you still have your Pre in a few months" or "When will you ditch your Pre". I wish there was a forum for Palm Pre that didn't have these users on them. It's such a waste of time to scroll throw those thread titles. Seriously, do people have nothing better to do with their lives than to create thread after thread about how they will leave their Pre for another phone? I mean, it's a phone.. not your <<edited by berd>> soul mate! Lol.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 12/13/2009 at 05:47 PM.
    yes people on this forum are very picky and want perfection and some are just app le fan bois
    Ditto!!!

I learn a lot in this forum but it does get tiresome of listening to the "I'm leaving" blah, blah, blah.

I have had absolutely no issues with my phone since I got it. I find the quality just as good as any other phone I've had....
    such is the forum crowd , you get all sorts lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Never mistake loudness of opinion with number of people sharing it.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    yes people on this forum are very picky and want perfection and some are just app le fan bois
    I want a phone that I don't have to warranty exchange every month. The Pre couldn't provide that, and it wasn't just because I was "picky".
    Elysian893, I still think you have too much electricity running through you with all your isses on the phone...like my mom and her computers.

I know you've had many issues but everyone I know RT who has a Pre has never had issues at all with their phones. I've been to other forums where there isn't the number of "I'm leaving" or "I hate this phone" etc for the Pre that there are here.
    There is nothing wrong with the people who are posting on this board. There are a lot of people who purchased the Pre, thinking it was something that it was not. In many ways, it has not lived up to its hype or promise. It has been surprisingly riddled with hardware problems and software issues. Many of the people on this board are dyed in the wool Palm apologists. They have been loyal to the company for a long time. They have every right to be upset with the problems they have encountered and feel a bit let down by a company they believed in. I do not share that loyalty, but I most certainly understand it. Threads like this one only serve to diminish the many problems that a large part of the community are having.

You're happy with your purchase? Great! Perhaps your expectations were not that high. That does not give you the right to **** on the very real issues that others are having.
    It is a bit tiring seeing all of the negative threads.

But it is also tiring seeing people doubt or try to diminish legitimate issues with the phone by says "I've had mine since launch date and haven't had any issues" or "Everyone I know has not had any problems.."

It is pretty obvious that there are some significant quality issues with the phone. I believe I was the first to post here (one day after launch) with the "cracked screen" issue. Many people thought I had to have done something to cause it. Then, over time, more and more people showed up with the exact same problem. Finally, months later, Sprint seems to have accepted this.

After I had my cracked screen Pre replaced, I went for months without an issue. Then suddenly people couldn't hear me clearly any more. I got an exchange. Then a month after that, the same problem. Got another exchange.

Now, on my 4th phone, I don't have any physical problems yet. The problem now is that the clock runs fast by about 2 minutes per day. Right now the clock is 12 minutes fast. Yes, rebooting "solves" the problem for a day. Yes, going into airplane more and back "solves" the problem - for a day.

So I'll be back at Sprint again this week getting another phone.

12 years of cells phones - and I have never ever had a single problem with any phone until now. I'm sure someone will say that is the price of being on the cutting edge. But, every single phone I've had over those 12 years were "cutting edge" for the time.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    It's a open forum for a reason.
    If you don't like it, don't read it.

People will post whatever they feel like. Just like you did when you decided to pick on the negative reviewers. Are you a Palm employee? Then why do you defend it so much?
    See, the argument could go either way. :P
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    If we didn't have those posts...
    We'd be left with nothing.

=/
    I wouldn't expect any different until Palm goes 1.5 or 2.0.
    Most people don't post on forums unless they have something to complain about. Always remember that.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the people who are posting on this board. There are a lot of people who purchased the Pre, thinking it was something that it was not. In many ways, it has not lived up to its hype or promise. It has been surprisingly riddled with hardware problems and software issues. Many of the people on this board are dyed in the wool Palm apologists. They have been loyal to the company for a long time. They have every right to be upset with the problems they have encountered and feel a bit let down by a company they believed in. I do not share that loyalty, but I most certainly understand it. Threads like this one only serve to diminish the many problems that a large part of the community are having.

You're happy with your purchase? Great! Perhaps your expectations were not that high. That does not give you the right to **** on the very real issues that others are having.
    I'm not "pooping" on other people's issues. I don't mind people asking for help with problems or complaining about what they want. I'm referring to specifically the "i'm leaving threads"... in which case.. who cares? Why do people feel the need to tell people they are leaving to another phone? Or trying to predict when people will leave? Just useless threads in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Why do people feel the need to tell people they are leaving to another phone? Or trying to predict when people will leave?
    There are a few effects going on here:

a) The internet is FULL of drama-queens who believe their opinions and actions are the only true way, and they must tell everyone about them.
    b) The internet tends to be an echo chamber. Those with strong opinions and lots of spare time can sit down and pump out tons of opinions, even though they only may be formed from a single personal experience. A select few latch onto and carry the opinions of that person, and all of a sudden its a "major issue."
    c) Forum systems like these often lack user moderation. Someone could post something completely out-of-line, inflammatory, or outright wrong. However, their post will remain there, just as any other helpful post, for all the uninformed masses to see. This gives weight to the bad posts, just because it's still there to read (a form of "Its on the internet so it must be true").
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    To the people that complain about the complainers:
    This is NOT a FAN CLUB.
    This IS a FORUM.
    Look up the definition of both.
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    To the people that complain about the complainers:
    This is NOT a FAN CLUB.
    This IS a FORUM.
    Look up the definition of both.
    Thank you.
    from U, dictionary

fan club
    "A club of fans; including ceiling fans, bedroom fans, window fans, etc."

dude, that is totally irrelevent to the webOS's
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    It can only last so long. Eventually the gripes people are having will be addressed and features will be added. It's only a matter of time as long as Palm is there to support it.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    from U, dictionary

fan club
    "http://A club of fans; including cei...ndow fans, etc."

dude, that is totally irrelevent to the webOS's
    Heh heh, thanx Windy
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    I think this shows that the majority of haters on this forum are in the minority.
    I like this statistical gem. It would seem to infer, then, that a minority of the haters are in the majority. Or perhaps a minority of the supporters are in the majority while the majority of the supporters are in the minority.

Well said Weaser!
    The difference is, people who come here are not "normal" users, people who come here are wanting MORE out of their phone.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast